Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

28th September was the date on the master sheet for the senior football final.  I don't notice dates for the Reserves and thrids on the master sheet.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

The Corporal

Quote from: southdown on August 20, 2008, 01:08:01 PM
Where has that An Riocht poster went, Andy I think he was called??  He has been quiet for a while now!

He hasnt been about since like the 2nd or 3rd league game! Maybe he knew then it was ominous and decided to stop running his mouth. How well did he say An Riocht would do this year?

Bacon

Quote from: Whitehair on August 20, 2008, 01:09:38 PM
JHC

Ballela 0.16 Warrenpoint 2.9

Half time we lead 0.7 to 0.6 then in the 2nd half we extended our lead on two occasions only to concede soft goals. Warrenpoints second goal coming with a minute to go to give them a one point lead then we scored two points in a minute to snatch the win. A game we could and should have won easily we hit about 20 wides(12frees, 5 in the last 10min) to their 5-6 wides and could have faced being dumped out of the championship.

Clonduff and Portaferry drew in the other match.

Well done Ballela. I fully expect them to go on and win the final, no matter who they play.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

amallon

I think AndyM wanted the Frank O'Hare cup presented to the Kingdom back in March but that was before the league started.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stiff breeze

st micheals beat glenn by a point

TORGAEL

IFC RESULT

Drumgath 0-12
Carryduff 0-9

the milkman

St. Michael's 0.11 Glenn 0.10

Very hard fought win for St.Micks 2nite. Reduced to 14 men after 25mins. lead by 3 at h/t went, then score for score until last 10mins when we seemed to tire and Glenn reduced the lead to a single a point and missed a good goal chance. Was a rough enough game a few players were lucky to stay on the field from both teams. Glenn wasted there extra man by doubling up on Brian Sweeney when it clear he was going to get the better of both men, they should have brought him out into the middle of the pitch earlier. Think the better team won though, should be hard to stop this year in JFC.

dundrumite

Quote from: leftbacksubbench on August 19, 2008, 11:12:26 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on August 19, 2008, 11:04:46 PM
Quote from: leftbacksubbench on August 19, 2008, 10:35:52 PM
i must say i was shocked with some of the results during this championship week!
i suppose it would be fair to say that kilcoo were favourites for the kingdom clash but not by a 21point margin!with a few county seniors namely the goalkeeper and full forward and an all ireland winning midfielder in the middle, they failed to lord the middle and won very few kickouts in the second half, they failed to suppy good ball to clarke which was their downfall in the second half considering they were only 3points down at the interval
big shocks came from liatoirm drawing, fair play to them, i think they feel they should have won the game, but i did not think they had the talent to pull a draw or even a match winning performance out of the bag
it was strange to see a local derby such as the ford V the town finish with such a low scoreline, i was looking
forward to a classic, but it was far from it, a poor game all in all nothing worth mentioning
another upset came in the IFC, with bredagh progressing past Dundrum. having watched both teams this season and last, they have taken steps in the opposite direction
dundrum looked a shawdow of their former selfs whereas in bredagh there is a new sense of belief and desire that they can progress threw the championship and the league, bredagh cut out almost every attack that came near them, dundrum seemed nervous or maybe they just expected an easy win! they seemed to have alot of young players playing as well!
what has happened to dundrum this year? i thought they would finish safely in mid table in division 2 after winning division 3 in style last season, but they havent produced the same form, mccumiskey is also a big miss which wouldnt help such a small club but they played most of last campaign without him and played excellently
what has happened to the kingdom?they are the domestic champions of Down! and look at their track record this year?on the brink of relegation, early exit from the championship and some of their players seem to have given up, not the same team as last year from what i can see, same players, different attitude which is the key to success
[/b]
Just wondering if you have a vested interest in Dundrum 'leftbacksubbench'? you seem to be keeping a close eye on them!

ive made 2 posts on this website, its people like you who put me off websites like this, you can clearly see from my second post that it was a general comment on results and special concern for dundrum and the kingdom
in my first post i commented on the abscence of paul mccumiskey from dundrum and more notably the county, which was widely discussed, not just by myself!
get your facts right before you make rash comments in future MourneRambler  ;D

Quote from: leftbacksubbench on July 14, 2008, 01:50:28 PM
Paul McCumiskeys injury will come as a sorry blow to the already struggling Dundrum. What are they going to do with out their star player, they have already started to make some changes that forward line from the last couple of match reports that i have seen, but can they really survive without a player with as much influence as McCumiskey?

I would say theres a more noteable mention of Dundrum than the county. ;D Not my fight just an observation.
Was the Clann na Banna Warrenpoint game played tonight?

thewobbler

Warrenpoint won by a point in a cracking, high-scoring game.

Clann na Banna dominated possession in the first half, but Point were infinitely more dangerous, especially Gary Boyle, and only a well-taken goal by Bann's corner-forward kept as little as 3 in it at the half.

Bann fairly made that possession pay during the first 15 minutes of the second half. They scored two great, free-flowing goals and racked up a number of fine points to ease into an 8 point lead with a quarter to go.

Then 'Point turned the screw at midfield, and gradually got back into it, aided in no small way by a superbly taken goal from Ryan Mallon (ironic). Then, approaching injury time with just one more score to claw back, a hooked shot from their corner forward somehow made its way into the net (truly awful goalkeeping), and they entered injury time a brace up. Bann clawed one back, but couldn't find the other.

Dulaney

Amallon any word on how the minor replay went tonight???

thewobbler

Mayobridge absolutely taned Kilcoo.

umpire

DownFanatic

Kilcoo's big margin of defeat may be due in part to the fact that their star player (Paul Devlin) played 50 odd minutes of a Senior Championship game the night before this game. He was bound to be fcuked.

PS: Leftbacksubbench - we know who you are!  ;)

leftbacksubbench

at least you are a bit more grown up dundrumite - instead of starting pointless squabbles on a gaa forum!
downfanatic i dont know who you think i am,but i can assure you i am not him

umpire

After Wednesday's 3 games

16   Downfanatic
16   Niall Quinn
14   Amallon
14   Bridgegael
14   Islandboy
14   Off the Laces
13   D45
13   Dundrumite
13   Umpire