Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I imagine the panel will change a bit over the next 3 months.

It's not the team I'd pick, but I'll harbour a guess at this for the Louth game:

1 - Mickey McVeigh
2 - Martin Cole
3 - Darren Cunningham
4 - Brendan Grant
5 - Paul Murphy
6 - Liam Doyle
7 - Alan Molloy
8 - Benny Coulter
9 - Dan Gordon
10 - John Clarke
11 - Aidan Carr
12 - Mickey Walsh
13 - Danny Hughes
14 - Eoin McCartan
15 - Mark Poland

Ronan Murtagh, Dee Rafferty and Stephen Kearney not considered due to injury.

downredblack

I can't see Liam Doyle being dropped off the initial 32 man squad , I know he hasn't really lived up to expectations but I still think he is too good a player not to be in and about the squad .
GY , you cant leave it like that regarding Danny Hughes ??

downredblack

Dont Know if this has been posted already ...

21:30

Laochra Gael: Mickey Linden (OS)
Mickey Linden was one of the finest forwards in Gaelic Football between the early eighties and ;late nineties, winning 2 All Ireland medals with Down in 1991 and again in 1994 when he was chosen as footballer of the year.

Brick Tamlin

1) Mickey Mc Veigh
2) Martin Cole
3) Adrian Scuillion
4) Darren Cunningham
5) John Clarke
6) Brendan Grant
7) Kevin Mc Guigan
8) Dan Gordon
9) Benny Coulter
10) Ronan Sexton
11) Mickey Walsh
12) Jackie Lynch
13) Danny Hughes
14) Eoin Mc Cartan
15) James Mc Govern

goldenyears

sorry lads, just stirring it a little. bored on a tues PM, and we have had no scandal on here in months! :o

Bearly on loose

sorry wobbler no chance doyle startin at 6 in the Louth game, and unlikely he will feature in league at all.  he is injured for 2-3 months i believe.  Hughes will make it.

Clarke might start full back on sunday as by all accounts he was excellent there in friday at navan.

I would definitely select Stephen Kearney in my panel, and i think if his injury is not too serious that ross will have him as well.  He knows what he can do from his time as manager of Mitchels. 

Think Telford will make the panel myself and also mcguigan from shams.  Also heard brown was very good on friday against Meath so he has a chance also

amallon

I heard a few heads at the game on Sunday saying Doyle is in the States.  He is due back in a couple of weeks.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Bearly on loose

Doyle was in the states after christmas but he is home there over a week ago as i saw him about castlewellan.

brick, definitely wouldn't play Lynch at wing forward, its midfield or no-where.

Grant maybe worthe a look at centre back.

A.mallon is Brendan Rodgers still in the squad, thought i heard it said that he was impressive in a few trial games as tight marker, but maybe mistaken.

bridgegael

rodgers tore his cartililage at down training the thursday before the antrim game,  yeah heard he was going well too. hope he makes a speedy recovery.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Pangurban

Would try Lynch at MF alongside Coulter with  Dan Gordon at FF. Would also play Molloy at CHB creating a strong physical spine down the middle

TORGAEL

Have to agree with "bearly"-its midfield for lynch...he's not a half forward !

Brick Tamlin

see ive a feeling he will line Lynch out at wing forward in number only, but he will really be playing as midfielder with Gordon and Benny across the middle, thus allowing Coulter free rein to go forward and drift, maybe in turn bringin one of the corner forward out and having a two man full forward line. Just my opinion though.

spiritof91and94

Andy Kane on one year sabbatical in Australia.

Bearly on loose

Well the word from hilltown last night is that not that many people have been cut from the panel.   Certainly i have heard that quite a few midfielders have been retained.

First major shock is that Brendan Grant was not named from what i hear.  Any thoughts..

downredblack

Has anyone heard the squad ? No way Brendan Grant not in it .