Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: redandblackareback on June 09, 2015, 02:58:30 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 09, 2015, 02:42:21 PM
Downs problems in my view are deeper rooted than adult level.
Too much money and resources are being spent on the top of the pyramid when really the investment should be made at the developmental level. Underage and schools infrastructure needs improving with the appointing of qualified, appropriate personnel in place at all levels, with a proper plan/strategy or process in place. If a professional approach is not taken and a serious look at how we do things then we are on a road to nowhere. We will continue to do things the Down Way and results from sundays games will probably continue.
Down are miles behind what other counties are doing at underage and development level.
But that's only my view.

we have someone in place getting a yearly wage to sort this out, our games and development manager and his team of coaches?
is  this not you criticising ye dipstick?

wobbller

Quote from: redandblackareback on July 15, 2014, 12:59:57 PM
Quote from: supersub on July 15, 2014, 12:35:24 PM
Quote from: redandblackareback on July 15, 2014, 12:29:17 PM
Been saying for a while how inept some of our so called "star players" have been performing in big games, I agree with Brick about the performance of certain forwards, how Donal O Hare has retained his place is baffling to say the least, how the 3 boys that cleared off on holiday are back in the panel never mind actually playing is also baffling! Shea Mc Ardle who didn't even strip out for Burren in the championship a few weeks back is named as a sub is baffling! The phase out we are experiencing towards the end of games, Tyrone and very evidently Kildare considering we have one of the best sports scientists/conditioning men in Moyna employed is also baffling. Mc Cartan has to stay, no doubting that, there is simply no suitable candidate to replace him as senior manager but a more ruthless, disciplined approach needs to be adhered to from the beginning of next year, that would start with removing Jerome Johnston from the management team, impossible to remain impartial with two sons on the panel.

But yet James can remain totally impartial with his two brothers knocking about the team? Nothing against James, just don't see your logic here.

Do you not think he can?? Everyone knows Eoin should be nowhere near the panel, I missed that point, your right but I think other posters raised that issue but Daniel deserves to be there, he's one of other better man markers but like Benny, Dan G, Mc Veigh he's not getting any younger but yes I ll take your point on board, he does have a personal interest but I think the issue is Eoin not Daniel.
and more..............

thewobbler

Smurfy123

180 wobbler
It's a god damn discussion board!!!!
Coming onto a GAA discussion board to tell people to stop discussing GAA
The irony

wobbller

Quote from: redandblackareback on October 05, 2010, 06:13:51 PM
Look the "Martin Clarke Holiday saga" gives us all something to discuss, as this is a discussion board and the reason we joined is to discuss matters relating to Down GAA and further beyond.

I know for one if the same senario happened in my club there would be complete mayhem!! Its just not right what he done imo. All GAA lads in every club have long years and some of them maybe 10/12 long years to the senior cause! We have 1 senior player who has played for 11 consecutive seasons for us and has missed 3 league games in that period!

It is an issue for An Riocht I agree but maybe from reading some of the comments over the past week on here, he might have lost a little bit of the aura he is held in throughout the county! But sure by the mc kenna cup we ll all love him again  ;)
...and additional tripe "spewed"' by you

SHEEDY

Quote from: redandblackareback on February 23, 2017, 12:11:35 PM
reading the rubbish on here this last few weeks would make you laugh, same names spewing out the same shite week after week on here, stand up and put your name to some of the shite you write, the level of abuse towards men like our county secretary, senior manger and numerous players is a disgrace, good people who are giving up a lot of their time and effort to help the county out. Here is a thought, why not get off your ass on Saturday and come down and support the team instead of sitting behind a computer waiting for people to fail.
what a load of crap. Lets just go to the matches and clap and pretend everything is ok. We have lost 11 league and championship matches in a row under this management, that is an utter disgrace. People that are overseeing this deserve criticism. The county secretary you mention has overseen a generation of mediocrity but lets pretend he's doing a great job. Everyone on here wants Down to succeed but lets not bury our heads in the sand when things arent going well.
nil satis nisi optimum

thebar

http://gaeliclife.com/2017/02/release-statement-blasting-media-coverage/

What a pile of shite....press releases now...cringe worthy stuff.... what is the point of this statement? Ramble from start to finish nothing more than an arse covering exercise for the county board trying somehow to justify themselves somehow to the clubs fecking joke.     

Smurfy123

Such a very poor statement.
To officially name 3 players who have walked?
To then mention we welcome Niall McParland back into the fold who is on teaching practice is clutching at straws(boys can't make 26 who are actually training)
Then to mention the fiasco with half the panel not returning home on the bid from Clare
And then to say the Twitter story was a misrepresentation is just lies as the tweeter comment was clearly for all to see liked by the official DOWN GAA PAGE
Things just go from bad to worse
And to release this statement 2 days before the Meath match
Keep the head down and say nothing

SHEEDY

Quote from: thebar on February 23, 2017, 10:15:21 PM
http://gaeliclife.com/2017/02/release-statement-blasting-media-coverage/

What a pile of shite press....press releases now...cringe worthy stuff.... what is the point of this statement? Ramble from start to finish nothing more than an arse covering exercise for the county board trying somehow to justify themselves somehow to the clubs fecking joke.     
embarrassing stuff from the county board. What do they hope to achieve with that statement? Talk about burying your head in the sand.
nil satis nisi optimum

SamFever

Why Oh Why do they keep making us a laughing stock throughout the GAA world? Should have said nothing and do our talking on the field of play against Meath on Saturday.Disappointing behaviour by our County Board.

Targetman

Have to agree, what's the point in releasing this crap just bringing more attention to themselves, why don't they do their talking of the pitch and try to bring a bit of stability to the whole setup, anyway get stuck into the royals on Saturday night and lump on Down at 5/2!!!

thewobbler

Jesus, what an arse face of a thing to publish.

The only version of events I want to read from our executive is the one surrounding why Jim McCorry was railroaded and Eamon Burns brought in. A little more honesty then would have been welcome.Everything that is upsetting Sean Og in this letter can be traced back to that chain of decisions.

Our administration surely must only have a few remaining streets in which to crash their cars. Surely.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on February 23, 2017, 11:18:43 PM
Jesus, what an arse face of a thing to publish.

The only version of events I want to read from our executive is the one surrounding why Jim McCorry was railroaded and Eamon Burns brought in. A little more honesty then would have been welcome.Everything that is upsetting Sean Og in this letter can be traced back to that chain of decisions.

Our administration surely must only have a few remaining streets in which to crash their cars. Surely.
These continuous crashes may end up being fatal to our survival in the future.Something needs to change or we're going to be consigned to the level that Kilkenny are at in Football.
Downredandblack, what's your view now of our County Board people after this latest howler?

Smurfy123

How could that statement have been slowed to hit the press?
Car crash stuff.
The wobbler was there ever a statement released after the vote of no confidence from the top table?
Why so close to Saturday's game?

saulzer

Gross nievete from the County Board yet again. Who in God's name makes the decisions to do this sort of thing. Surely not everyone on the Board is willing to be led by some smug, self-inflated smartarse whose perception of his own abilities is light years from reality. CB members it would be worth your while looking up "groupthink as a psychological phenomenon", because that's the territory you now inhabit.