All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I don't think that's the same incident. I think Killian Young was involved in the last minute one.

J OGorman

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 22, 2014, 03:01:38 PM
Was a poor enough game. We're well used to defensive matches these days but score taking has improved greatly over recent years, yesterday it was very poor. Loads of shots wide and there was a lack of pace to the attacks. Both teams were over cautious. Kerry deserved the win though and great credit must go to Fitzmaurice.
On another note, something has to be done about the finances for inter county teams. It's no coincidence that the four semi finalists had far more resources available to them than most of the other counties. Dubl$n obviously had the most but the other three had plenty of cash to spend too.
It's an amateur sport lads, the spending and other stuff going on is getting out of control. We need to cut the legs from underneath it before it's too late.

Donegal have their London sugar daddy while Dublin get a few quid here and there. Havent heard ought of Mayo and Kerry spending crazy money. Whats the word on the street Huggy?

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2014, 03:05:51 PM
I don't think that's the same incident. I think Killian Young was involved in the last minute one.

What did Johnny Buckley get the black card for ?.

AZOffaly

No idea, but it wasn't the same incident or else Donegal would have had a free on the 13 metre line.

J OGorman

not 100% who the defender was, but big MM runs straight threw him. Was a manic passage of play with so many folk in a small area (well, thats what Kinsella will be saying). McFadjin was inches away from being the hero yesterday after a poor season compared to his usual very high standards. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2014, 03:10:13 PM
No idea, but it wasn't the same incident or else Donegal would have had a free on the 13 metre line.
The most obvious incident of charging was BJ Keane, where he jumped into the donegal tacklers with both feet off the ground and got a very handy free in which he pointed.
I really dont know what the defender is supposed to do in that situation.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

I think Young was the one Murphy jumped into. He went down, and by the time he got up he was in position to pick up the rebound.

blewuporstuffed

Thats leo mcloone in the picture above anyway is it not?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

J OGorman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2014, 03:12:37 PM
I think Young was the one Murphy jumped into. He went down, and by the time he got up he was in position to pick up the rebound.

I thought Enright picked up the rebound?! (we'll put this case together yet)

Dont Matter

Quote from: J OGorman on September 22, 2014, 03:07:10 PM
Donegal have their London sugar daddy while Dublin get a few quid here and there. Havent heard ought of Mayo and Kerry spending crazy money. Whats the word on the street Huggy?

I don't know where you're going talkin like that. This is a place where manly men and women have a decent chat about the GAA. Using your sort of lingo would get yourself a baitin in most clubs in Ireland.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

AZOffaly

Maybe so. It was so manic there I couldn't be sure. I'm just fairly sure that photo is not the same incident anyway.

Jinxy

Leo McLoone was involved in a couple of incidents like that where to my mind, the attacker had jumped into the contact.
The BJ Keane free was the exact same i.e. jump into tackler and fall over = free to attacker.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AQMP

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 22, 2014, 03:14:33 PM
Thats leo mcloone in the picture above anyway is it not?

I think you're right, that is Leo McLoone.  I'd say there are several shots of McLoone like this as he kept running through the centre into traffic.

Edit...bate me to it by a few seconds there Jinxy!

yellowcard

Quote from: J OGorman on September 22, 2014, 03:07:10 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on September 22, 2014, 03:01:38 PM
Was a poor enough game. We're well used to defensive matches these days but score taking has improved greatly over recent years, yesterday it was very poor. Loads of shots wide and there was a lack of pace to the attacks. Both teams were over cautious. Kerry deserved the win though and great credit must go to Fitzmaurice.
On another note, something has to be done about the finances for inter county teams. It's no coincidence that the four semi finalists had far more resources available to them than most of the other counties. Dubl$n obviously had the most but the other three had plenty of cash to spend too.
It's an amateur sport lads, the spending and other stuff going on is getting out of control. We need to cut the legs from underneath it before it's too late.

I'm nearly sure Kerry had a foreign training camp pre championship this year and regularly stay in Fota Island the weekend before matches so I'd imagine they have a reasonably hefty spend as well.mThe theory about restricting spend of teams is correct but I don't know how you would police it.