11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 25, 2014, 11:07:24 PM
Doesn't inspire huge confidence in C&H that they have been willing to go along with this.

They are fucked unless the players want to do it for themselves. Puppet/patsy appointment.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2014, 10:22:25 PM
This is all top class stuff Mayo but we need something else, a twist in the tale, a moment of madness, just something to add to the drama of it all. Liam McHale comes along and gives the chairman one of his famous running slaps or McStay gives him one with the back of his folder. Surely Conor Mortimor has some antics to get up to, Blondie McDonald? What's your next move Mayo?

Hey Don't Matter if you still have at least one hand with a working thumb and you obviously have an internet connection I think there i something way more constructive you could do with your life! Don't do it in public though ;)!

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on September 25, 2014, 09:25:59 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on September 25, 2014, 09:20:10 PM
Mc Hale is still part of the management team with St. Brigid's and has a Co Semi Final next weekend. This is his third year there. When himself and Mc Stay won the All Ireland that year with Brigid's, i don't really recall either one of them being mouthy with the press. Everything was low key with no remarkable ''media moments'' that i can recall.
Suits some people now to try and deflect the blame onto McHale and McStay. Not them that made a hames of the process.

Paddy McNicholas may well tough this out but he is doing the county a grave disservice.
The quote from him above if reported correctly is extremely disrespectful. Too carefree with procedures and the English language for anybody's good.

How do lads likes Paddy cultivate enough gombeens to get support anyways? We've had our fair share too. How can you be such an eejit and get power?

The Macs wanted to get Mayo over the line more than the CB. That says it all really.

rrhf

muppet

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2014, 10:22:25 PM
This is all top class stuff Mayo but we need something else, a twist in the tale, a moment of madness, just something to add to the drama of it all. Liam McHale comes along and gives the chairman one of his famous running slaps or McStay gives him one with the back of his folder. Surely Conor Mortimor has some antics to get up to, Blondie McDonald? What's your next move Mayo?

Really poor effort!

Your Mayo stereotypes simply aren't credible. 'McStay gives him one with the back of his folder' - where is that from?

If you mentioned one of Liam's famous wides or McStay selling an outrageous dummy, that he even bought himself, you might be on to something. If you pulled in references to pushing cars or catching imaginary footballs you'd have got a knowing smile or two. If you gave a nod to refs from Meath & Monaghan, no doubt someone would have latched on, but if you added a Sligo ref as well you would have been seen as almost credible.

At least you could have thrown a jersey at the bench or the old reliable of mentioning an entire county asphyxiating in Croke Park, regularly.

As I said, really poor trolling. Division 4 stuff.

MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 25, 2014, 08:53:19 PM
According to Michael Gallagher, Paddy McNicholas has got a round of applause after his speech! He ain't going anywhere soon it seems.

Not telling anyone what was in McStay's package either, but 'anyone in their right mind' wouldn't have accepted it according to Paddy Mc.

This all sounds very Fianna Fáil-esque.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on September 26, 2014, 09:26:42 AM
According to Michael Gallagher, Paddy McNicholas has got a round of applause after his speech! He ain't going anywhere soon it seems.

Not telling anyone what was in McStay's package either, but 'anyone in their right mind' wouldn't have accepted it according to Paddy Mc.

Wrong party! Have you not been paying attention ;D

rosnarun

the county board chairman has apologised for mistakes but has not really said exactly what those mistakes were?

was it advertising for a job that was already gone. ?
was it assuming the role of the whole county board ?
Was it saying a executive meeting took place when it didn't ?
was it trying to get mcstay to withdraw while the process was still under way?
and is it a new 'Mistake' that he now says Mcstay asked his to do this if he wasn't  going to get that job.?
nothing so far  the ballina boys have said so far would indicate that this is true.

i think this has legs for a while
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballinaman

Quote from: rosnarun on September 26, 2014, 10:07:07 AM
the county board chairman has apologised for mistakes but has not really said exactly what those mistakes were?

was it advertising for a job that was already gone. ?
was it assuming the role of the whole county board ?
Was it saying a executive meeting took place when it didn't ?
was it trying to get mcstay to withdraw while the process was still under way?
and is it a new 'Mistake' that he now says Mcstay asked his to do this if he wasn't  going to get that job.?
nothing so far  the ballina boys have said so far would indicate that this is true.

i think this has legs for a while
He hasn't apologised though

He said that he "regret in particular the statement that said there was a meeting between the mayo senior football manager interview committee and the executive" and " I accept that with retrospect we could have done some things differently".

Regrets being caught that basically means...

Jinxy

Was it one of those, "IF I've done anything wrong, I apologise", kind of apologies.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on September 26, 2014, 10:18:30 AM
Was it one of those, "IF I've done anything wrong, I apologise", kind of apologies.

'I am sorry I didn't invite you to your going away party, but it is really your own fault...'
MWWSI 2017

Mac2

McStay was never going to get the job with or without McHale. This was the guy that was looking for an audit of Mayo football a few years back, that wasn't likely to be forgotten too easily. Audit, transparency, due process, County Board won't be having any of that nonsense. Last night's meeting was just business as usual nothing to see here, time to move on etc. Paddy Mac even got philosophical, 'Hindsight is wonderful' before adding wistfully  'We all make mistakes in life'. In the face of such insight what could the delegates do but applaud the dear chairman.

Rossfan

Quote from: moysider on September 26, 2014, 09:40:54 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 26, 2014, 09:26:42 AM

Wrong party! Have you not been paying attention ;D
Blueshirts have learnt how to do things the Haughey way.
As for thye bit that "McStay had proposals that I knew weren't acceptable to the Co Board but I'm not telling anyone what they were" -  Stalin or Hitler wouldn't have had the nerve to come out with that sort of stuff.
Was he afraid the Interview Committee might just be more impressed with McS/McH and therefore couldn't let it get to that stage?

Hopefully the fallout will make the Hundred Pages here and will screw up the Rhus for three or four years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Mac2 on September 26, 2014, 10:46:49 AM
McStay was never going to get the job with or without McHale. This was the guy that was looking for an audit of Mayo football a few years back, that wasn't likely to be forgotten too easily. Audit, transparency, due process, County Board won't be having any of that nonsense. Last night's meeting was just business as usual nothing to see here, time to move on etc. Paddy Mac even got philosophical, 'Hindsight is wonderful' before adding wistfully  'We all make mistakes in life'. In the face of such insight what could the delegates do but applaud the dear chairman.

Life is like a box of chocolates...

mayo.mick

Assistant Treasurer Michael Diskin has resigned according to reports.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick