John Maughan
11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

highorlow

QuoteI see the Mayo CB seem to have completely mismanaged the selection process for the new manager - check out Ed McGreal's tweets on what's in this week's Mayo News.

Ah now, shurley your not relying on the twitter machine.

It's a positive appointment and the the CB should be commended for keeping the likes of Donie Buckley on the team and also for the quick implementation, James Horan said as much.

Lets get behind the men and hopefully we will have a tactical strategy for mixing our game a bit more defensively next year and stopping goals and being capable to hang onto our 5 and 7 point leads in match's.

Ultimately the previous management did wonders for Mayo football and got us a superfit and remarkably trained squad with a sleek attacking style that the whole country admired. I really believe that all we are missing is the key ingredient of being a bit more cuter when the chips are down, that comes from leadership and conviction on the line and both Connelly and Holmes have this in spades.

Barry Solan added to the team is a great move. This lad is innovative and in demand around the globe, also add to the mix that he is a die hard Mayo man with experience of playing ball with London, he will leave no stone unturned for the cause. 
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

QuoteAll the issues that came out of the report 4 years ago after the Longford debacle are still there.

WTF? Are you serious?

Tubberman

Quote from: highorlow on September 23, 2014, 12:01:39 PM
QuoteI see the Mayo CB seem to have completely mismanaged the selection process for the new manager - check out Ed McGreal's tweets on what's in this week's Mayo News.

Ah now, shurley your not relying on the twitter machine.

It's a positive appointment and the the CB should be commended for keeping on the likes of Donie Buckley on the team and also for the quick implementation, James Horan said as much.

Lets get behind the men and hopefully we will have a tactical strategy for mixing our game a bit more defensively next year and stopping goals and being capable to hang onto our 5 and 7 point leads in match's.

Ultimately the previous management did wonders for Mayo football and got us to a superfit and remarkably trained squad with a sleek attacking style that the whole country admired. I really believe that all we are missing is the key ingredient of being a bit more cuter when the chips are down, that comes from leadership and conviction on the lien and both Connelly and Holmes have this in spades.

Barry Solan added to the team is a great move. This lad is innovative and in demand around the globe, also add to the mix that he is a die hard Mayo man with experience of playing ball with London, he will leave no stone unturned for the cause. 

I completely support the new mgmt team, but that doesn't mean the process to appoint them was correct.
I'm not relying on twitter, I'm basing it on The Mayo News, which is a reputable source for Mayo GAA matters I'm sure you'll agree.
It seems they didn't bother to interview McStay at all, I'm not sure if they interviewed Connelly & Holmes.
Either way, it's a disgraceful way to treat an applicant for a high-profile position, and it shows the CB as dysfunctional and amateurish.

And it would have been Connelly & Holmes that asked Buckley to stay on I'm sure, not the county board.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

highorlow

Fair enough. I read it as more twitter rumours.

Anyhow, likely storm in a teacup that will sell a few papers. This is the usual stuff in all counties.

The main thing is we have the correct 'home' management team in place.

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on September 23, 2014, 11:53:42 AM
one of them should of been dropped back
Red Card Larry  >:(
I bet Horan would have written it correctly.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

highorlow

A bit of an own goal by the CB there alright. Some communication issues need to be tweaked.

It will all be forgotten about in a few weeks.

Best to move on. The Football team and management are more important.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 23, 2014, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on September 23, 2014, 11:35:45 AM
Connelly & Holmes look to have a very good backroom team in place though.

Connelly, Holmes, Micheal Collins (selector), Donie Buckley (coach), Barry Solan (S&C).

Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin as the stats person according to rumours.

Well that's the end of Mayo now. Sure the lads will be completely distracted.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: highorlow on September 23, 2014, 02:42:02 PM
A bit of an own goal by the CB there alright. Some communication issues need to be tweaked.

It will all be forgotten about in a few weeks.

Best to move on. The Football team and management are more important.

Tweaked!? Are you pulling the piss? Are you Paddy McNicholas by any chance?

A process was put in place:
i) interview panel arranged
ii) dates for interviews agreed (today and tomorrow)
iii) interview panel to report back to CB executive on Thursday
iv) Recommendation to be put to full CB on Friday

And what happens? Paddy McNicholas rings Kevin McStay on Saturday and tells him they're going with Connelly and Holmes!
No interview, no explanation.
Then when word inevitably gets out, the CB (presumably Aidan McLoughlin, PRO) says that no decision has been made and interviews will proceed as scheduled.
Later that evening, the CB releases a statement saying that a meeting took place between the interviewing committee and the CB executive, and Connelly & Holmes were put forward as the new mgmt team.
It now transpires that such a meeting never took place - 4 members of the executive have said so, and one has resigned in protest as the "sham" of a process.

It's a complete farce and wouldn't be tolerated in any properly functioning organisation. How can you be happy with that??
If this is the approach taken, any success will be by chance and will be temporary.
You can't plan, develop and build for the future with that type of haphazard approach - simply not good enough. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

moysider

Buck rests with Paddy McNicholas. He needs to resign as quickly as possibly. Secretary and treasurer as well if they were in on this.

Unfortunately our new management team is damaged by this farce before they start. I for one have no confidence in anything cobbled together in this fashion.

highorlow

I think people should calm down until we hear what McStay had to say in that call. If all signs were pointing towards an appointment other than McStay's proposed team then perhaps he was the one that opted out. It appears to be a speculative statement by the Mayo news that yer man (or me as someone thinks) made a specific call to McStay telling him he was out of the running.

There are two sides to every story and we are only get one side here.

Did someone say that McStay had a piece in the same paper in relation to this? Can that be posted up?

larryin89

Sure whats left on McNicholos term anyway?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on September 23, 2014, 03:12:28 PM
I think people should calm down until we hear what McStay had to say in that call. If all signs were pointing towards an appointment other than McStay's proposed team then perhaps he was the one that opted out. It appears to be a speculative statement by the Mayo news that yer man (or me as someone thinks) made a specific call to McStay telling him he was out of the running.

There are two sides to every story and we are only get one side here.

Did someone say that McStay had a piece in the same paper in relation to this? Can that be posted up?

By the sound of things it was the CB pushing McStay out the door by not letting McHale be involved.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.