John Maughan
11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Msgr. Horan

Logically, if the goal is to win the all Ireland than the candidate is Jack O'Connor - who else out there who is available has won all irelands in modern times and has been successful with other teams besides?
If the goal is something else than its someone else.
I'm not saying he'd take it or that we could afford him, but hes someone the players would instantly respond to and he knows how to get it done. I realise he has the Kerry minor gig but you'd have to presume he'd consider it if offered.

Now, from the noises from the county board hes the last person they'd want, wont be a yes man, will go to the mejia if needed and will want the best of everything.
But in that case, it'll be just pure blind luck if one of the other candidates comes in and we win it, but I cant see it.
Most likely outcome is that the next "cycle" will be poor enough and we'll really only be talking about mayo as all ireland contenders again when that man is gone and we're onto the next one. Depressing mind you.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Chimley

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Chimley on September 08, 2014, 10:40:49 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 08, 2014, 09:53:20 AM
We might be all in for a shock.

Horan to come back for another year?
I think the only thing you can be sure of is that Horan won't be returning.
Even if he didn't have family and work commitments, the CB  have got rid of him and  whoever replaces him will have to dance to their tune.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

bucko

Syferus

If ye snub McStay it makes it even more likely he'll be enticed by the real home job in Roscommon when it comes up. It would be a nice favour to do us :-*

Rossfan

Feck off Syfín.
We had enough of army managers fcukin us up already >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2014, 02:03:48 PM
Feck off Syfín.
We had enough of army managers fcukin us up already >:(

This lad actually likes Roscommon and isn't trying to destroy it from the inside, though. Sure didn't he chair our football report last year that's been the heart of all the good developments in Roscommon football at an organisational level this year?

Oh, and he's actually a good manager. That's important too.

moysider

Local paper says that McEntee was very critical of James Horan's tenure in his columnin the Examiner.
Never read him. Anybody know anything about that?

Zulu

Read his articles al the time and I wouldn't say he was critical of James Horan.

moysider

Quote from: Zulu on September 08, 2014, 09:21:49 PM
Read his articles al the time and I wouldn't say he was critical of James Horan.

It has to be said that McEntee was on the money in that link by Iolar above.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .