Re: LIDL, making a political point? whats the story?

Started by lawnseed, August 23, 2014, 10:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Lidl they just cant seem to get to grips with marketing in ireland. Theyre doin rugby jerseys leinster. Munster connaght and "ulster"  problem is cavan donegal and monaghan are in ulster which means the jerseys cant feature in the 26 county broucher and the jerseys dont exist except in nordieland
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

snoopdog

they have a GAA gear special every year in the south but even though its he biggest sporting organisation in the North they don't do it their to my knowledge. another political statement.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lawnseed on August 23, 2014, 10:10:15 PM
Lidl they just cant seem to get to grips with marketing in ireland. Theyre doin rugby jerseys leinster. Munster connaght and "ulster"  problem is cavan donegal and monaghan are in ulster which means the jerseys cant feature in the 26 county broucher and the jerseys dont exist except in nordieland
Don't get it. Why can't the jerseys feature in the 26 county brochure since Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan are part of the IRFU Ulster branch? And why don't the jerseys exist 'except in nordieland'? Support for Ulster rugby might be thin on the ground in the border counties, but it exists and it's growing. Was talking to some Monaghan lads at a game at Ravenhill last season and one of the rugby clubs in Cavan brought a load of kids up to take part in half time mini rugby last year too. The Ulster senior squad was down training in Monaghan a week or two ago and got a good turn out:
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/News/LatestNews/TabId/149/ArtMID/793/ArticleID/1683/Hundreds-flock-to-Ulster-open-training-session-at-Monaghan-RFC-.aspx

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2014, 12:01:13 PM
Well go down to your local Lidl and complain!

On the Shore Road, in Belfast? Erm, I think I'll pass up on that invitation!

armaghniac

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 24, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

This may not be the place to start, but in general the GAA is too accepting of this kind of thing. They should make common cause the with Rugby people and lean on Lidl.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

This is cheap knockoff stuff, with unofficial logos etc. I doubt the GAA or Irfu are involved here.

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2014, 07:01:41 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 24, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

This may not be the place to start, but in general the GAA is too accepting of this kind of thing. They should make common cause the with Rugby people and lean on Lidl.

Shouldn't have any common cause with rugby ever...

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Applesisapples

I saw that so called Ulster Rugby top, it would'nt look out of place at a loyalist band parade. Ulster Pride and Glory is the legend on it. No sign of a rugby ball anywhere. Lidl obviously don't understand the possible implications of such a facist loyalist legend.

lawnseed

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 09, 2014, 09:59:47 AM
I saw that so called Ulster Rugby top, it would'nt look out of place at a loyalist band parade. Ulster Pride and Glory is the legend on it. No sign of a rugby ball anywhere. Lidl obviously don't understand the possible implications of such a facist loyalist legend.
Its only been a few months since they took down the "ulster banner" from their european shopping map. They had it on the six counties bit. Either someone is completely niave or someone is very calculating. Wonder how aldi will handle this?

laoislad

Some lovely stuff to be got at the Lidl bakery. The apple turnovers and doughnuts are fantastic.
Nicest of all though is this Irish stout soda bread they have.
FDM.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bensars

Nothing could be further from the truth. Lidls marketing skill  has been  one of the main factors in catapulting its growth over the last 5-6 years.
The very fact that they offer different deals on a weekly basis keeps people constantly checking ( moreso than Asda, tesco etc)

It seems some people go out of their way to be offended.  Themuns ! 

lawnseed

Quote from: Bensars on September 09, 2014, 10:41:16 AM

Nothing could be further from the truth. Lidls marketing skill  has been  one of the main factors in catapulting its growth over the last 5-6 years.
The very fact that they offer different deals on a weekly basis keeps people constantly checking ( moreso than Asda, tesco etc)

It seems some people go out of their way to be offended.  Themuns !
Oh we're sorry, oh so sorry.. We should be happy with an illegal flag... And having our country carved up by a german supermarket trying or redrawing the map to sell made in china rugby jerseys or refusing to sell hurleys in north of ireland outlets..  Apoligies lidl carryon doing what you do

Agent Orange

Those German supermarkets are eroding our culture, Lidl by Lidl.

gallsman

Quote from: Agent Orange on September 10, 2014, 11:38:12 PM
Those German supermarkets are eroding our culture, Lidl by Lidl.

That's magnificent.

I heard it's because they hate Fenians. Take it up with them if you give that much of a toss.