Kilkenny v Tipp

Started by Catscream, August 20, 2014, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Kilkenny: E Murphy; P Murphy, JJ Delaney, J Tyrrell; P Walsh, K Joyce, C Buckley; R Hogan, C Fogarty; M Fennelly, C Fennelly, E Larkin; R Power, TJ Reid, J Power.

Tipperary: D Gleeson; C Barrett, P Maher, P Stapleton; B Maher (captain), J Barry, K Bergin; S McGrath, J Woodlock; G Ryan, P Maher, J O'Dwyer, N McGrath, S Callanan, L Corbett.

Two Hands FFS

E.Murphy
P.Murphy
JJ
Jackie
P. Walsh
K. Joyce
Buckley
Hogan
Fogarty
M.Fennelly
C.Fennelly
E.Larkin
R.Power
TJ
John Power

Probably be a few positional changes

gallsman

John Power is a big, big call. Even more doubts hanging over him than there were over Richie or TJ at the start of their careers.

Be interesting to see if the Bonnar plays on Joyce. Could get very, very physical. Can see the KK back line, like last day, rotating almost as much as the forwards.

Asal Mor

Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2014, 12:49:14 AM
John Power is a big, big call. Even more doubts hanging over him than there were over Richie or TJ at the start of their careers.

Well worth a gamble though, given how innocuous Walsh, Kelly and Fogarty have been all year.

seafoid

I got a ticket for the match. Can't wait to go.

gallsman

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 26, 2014, 08:43:57 AM

Well worth a gamble though, given how innocuous Walsh, Kelly and Fogarty have been all year.

Cody has never had any fears for making big calls on final day. Thought Shefflin might have been given nod.

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2014, 09:32:39 AM

Cody has never had any fears for making big calls on final day. Thought Shefflin might have been given nod.

John Power is probably an unknown at this level, but if Cody didn't think he'd anything to offer he wouldn't be there.

Too big of a risk in starting with Henry and then possibly having to take him off, the morale boost would spur Tipp on, Cody is right this time IMO.

Defence with Joyce and Paudie Walsh looks a lot more sprightly and with Tipp there's less of a need for the big powerful defenders although wur Jackie is still there to dish out the necessary medicine.

Still all in the balance though and too hard to call..

gallsman

Quote from: johnneycool on September 26, 2014, 11:58:28 AM

John Power is probably an unknown at this level, but if Cody didn't think he'd anything to offer he wouldn't be there.

Too big of a risk in starting with Henry and then possibly having to take him off, the morale boost would spur Tipp on, Cody is right this time IMO.

Defence with Joyce and Paudie Walsh looks a lot more sprightly and with Tipp there's less of a need for the big powerful defenders although wur Jackie is still there to dish out the necessary medicine.

Sprightly wouldn't be a word that jumps to my mind when thinking of Joyce!

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2014, 05:33:58 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 26, 2014, 11:58:28 AM

Sprightly wouldn't be a word that jumps to my mind when thinking of Joyce!

Compared to Brian Hogan he's a veritable spring lamb.

orangeman

Still can't call this one.

KK traditionally do well in replays. But Tipp just wouldn't go away or be put away the last day and were inches from winning it.

Hoping for another Classic.

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on September 26, 2014, 09:11:57 AM
I got a ticket for the match. Can't wait to go.

Lucky you seafoid. It will be epic. Enjoy. All I ask as ever,  is that I can get a good stream.

theskull1

I'm going for the cats myself. They've learn't lessons better than their opposition in the past plus I think any team playing KK still psychologically see their opportunity as a punchers chance, so giving them a second go at you isnt something I see any team relishing. Could be wrong though  :o. Hope its as good as last years replay which was unreal for both atmosphere and standard.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pullhard

What happens if its a drawn game? paddy is offering 8/1

Minder

Quote from: pullhard on September 27, 2014, 12:22:30 PM
What happens if its a drawn game? paddy is offering 8/1

Replay & ET after it I think
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pullhard

So we could be facing extra time, jaysus!