Jimmy McGuinness mind games

Started by ck, August 19, 2014, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Saint Loman's I'm sure. Jaysus our bucks were giving out about having to go to Mullingar to train. If Donegal had to come all the way there, they are in a worse state than we are!

haranguerer

Quote from: ck on August 19, 2014, 02:29:15 PM
Ah lads, y'er missing the point here.
McGuinness is a subtle operator. He throws out little one liners every so often to send people down a path. (One that he knows most of the country will travel easily) You boys are already agreeing with the article instead of looking at Jimmys intentions. Abramovich is an intentionally used word to send the media off in a tizzy about Dublin holding all the aces and can't be beaten. This insinuates that Donegal are a poor cousin (which they aren't) and can't compete against the mass riches. Jimmy is at it again and y'er all falling for it, he's playing the media like a puppet (yet again). You don't hear Jim Gavin at this sort of craic, in fairness his talking is only on the pitch.

You're talking absolute shite

haranguerer

Quote from: ck on August 19, 2014, 02:32:47 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 19, 2014, 02:23:44 PM
Quote from: ck on August 19, 2014, 01:49:49 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 19, 2014, 01:19:15 PM
Assuming you've read the article, could you point out which bit it was you disagreed with?

"Abramovich going into the premiership" Pot kettle black Jimmy!. Donegal have a funder in London who privately funds the senior team and pays for all their weekend trips away. The county board have nothing to do with it apparently. I say fair play to Donegal for spending big but it's a bit rich for McGuinness to point the finger at Dublin when he has exactly the same resources himself. It's more of Jimmy using the media to play games.

He doesnt, noone does. And thats pointing out fact, it isn't criticism of dublin - fair play to them for beginning to utilise their advantages properly. It isn't their fault they're in that position, and being in that position, it would be negligent not to take advantage of it.

He also didn't point fingers that I read. He was asked if the rest of the country should worry about how to keep pace with dublin, and he gave an honest and fair answer. You still havent came up with anything he said that you disagreed with.

I disagree with the fact that Dublin have more resources and Jimmys attempts to further push that myth!
Donegal have been away on 15 weekend trips this year according to radio recently. A funder in England footing the bill. So don't try and flog the myth that Dublin have more resources.

And again

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2014, 02:43:32 PM
Saint Loman's I'm sure. Jaysus our bucks were giving out about having to go to Mullingar to train. If Donegal had to come all the way there, they are in a worse state than we are!
nope.
Mullingar Shamrocks on a Saturday morning.
that's how badly off Donegal are

AZOffaly

Have Shamrocks got good facilities? I thought Lomans was *the* place to go in Mullingar now.

Armamike

Jimmy wouldn't want to go annoying Dublin too much.  Would only make things worse.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: Armamike on August 19, 2014, 03:26:02 PM
Jimmy wouldn't want to go annoying Dublin too much.  Would only make things worse.

Yeah, maybe if he is nice to Dublin they'll only beat us by ten points!

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

ck

Quote from: haranguerer on August 19, 2014, 02:49:56 PM
Quote from: ck on August 19, 2014, 02:29:15 PM
Ah lads, y'er missing the point here.
McGuinness is a subtle operator. He throws out little one liners every so often to send people down a path. (One that he knows most of the country will travel easily) You boys are already agreeing with the article instead of looking at Jimmys intentions. Abramovich is an intentionally used word to send the media off in a tizzy about Dublin holding all the aces and can't be beaten. This insinuates that Donegal are a poor cousin (which they aren't) and can't compete against the mass riches. Jimmy is at it again and y'er all falling for it, he's playing the media like a puppet (yet again). You don't hear Jim Gavin at this sort of craic, in fairness his talking is only on the pitch.

You're talking absolute shite

Charming!

I maintain that the cost of running Dublin seniors and Donegal seniors will not be much different despite Jimmys Abramovich spotlight on Dublin and off Donegal approach. Even people in Donegal are mystified as to how Jimmy heads off for 3 night stays in luxury hotels with 50 other people on a regular basis (not just games!). All paid for direct from benefactor in London.
Dublin will have higher spend across the board but certainly not at senior level.

haranguerer

I didn't intend to be rude. I should have said I vehemently disagree with everything you have said.

Even taking what you're saying to be accurate, which it doesnt appear to be going by other reports here, how could you compare a single benefactor in London as having similar resources to the city of Dublin? Even were he an ogliarch, Dublin with its implemented structures, playing base, draw etc, trumps him completely.

Wildweasel74

Gee you Dubs are very slow getting in the counters, When ole Jim was comparing you to Chelsea the day, you should been coming back with, might be like Chelsea off the field but Donegal are more similar to Chelsea than anybody on the field with their "park the bus "policy!!! made famous in the past 2yrs to get results when up again possible better opposition

Sidney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 20, 2014, 09:53:17 PM
Gee you Dubs are very slow getting in the counters, When ole Jim was comparing you to Chelsea the day, you should been coming back with, might be like Chelsea off the field but Donegal are more similar to Chelsea than anybody on the field with their "park the bus "policy!!! made famous in the past 2yrs to get results when up again possible better opposition
Jim Gavin has nominated Jim McGuinness for an ice bucket challenge. Donegal Jim has so far failed to respond.

#checkmate

BluestackBoy

It's hard to satisfy some fellas!!!
Poor oul Paul Grimley won't talk to the media & gets landed on from a height, Jim McGuinness talks to the media & gets landed on from a height.
Damned if you do & damned if you don't.

Personally would rather an interview like this which gets people talking than the usual pre match nonsense " We're taking it one step at a time. That performance won't be good enough against  Antrim...Armagh...Cavan...Clare...Cork"

At the end of the day criticism like this comes down to one thing....begrudgery. 
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

J OGorman

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 21, 2014, 08:51:45 AM
Poor oul Paul Grimley won't talk to the media & gets landed on from a height, Jim McGuinness talks to the media & gets landed on from a height.

Personally would rather an interview like this which gets people talking than the usual pre match nonsense " We're taking it one step at a time. That performance won't be good enough against  Antrim...Armagh...Cavan...Clare...Cork"

At the end of the day criticism like this comes down to one thing....begrudgery.

and jealousy blah blah blah. Donegal were always my second county, and Id say alot of other folk. Ive Donegal blood cursing through my veins.....its solely down to that feeling of anger everytime you watch them play. The anger lifts after a good feed of meat though. Watching football should be enjoyable.
Dublin have their advantages, but for the sake of the sport as a spectacle, hopefully Dublin win by 24 points

ck

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 21, 2014, 08:51:45 AM

Ah away with yourself Bluestack. If any manager tried to use the media year in year out to play games then I'd be happy to see it exposed. The way Donegal go about their business and the way they play football has won them admirers and enemies in equal measure. For me they have broken no rules but they have raped the game. I hope Dublin hammer them out of site for the sake of the game!

I manage a club minor team here in Sligo. I have brought them to see two teams this year as part of their coaching and development. 1. Dublin and 2. Kerry. I also brought them to see Kerry minors training. These were both positive exercises which will bare fruit. I wouldn't let them near a Donegal game!