Donegal v Dublin AISF 31st Aug 2014

Started by StephenC, August 11, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2014, 11:46:31 PM
It's rumoured Alan Brogan has retired.
He looked absolutely devastated at the end.

Would be a shame. To me could at least be an impact player for another year and would be great influence to the younger lads like Kilkenny when he comes back

heffo

Congrats Donegal. Faster, stronger, hungrier and better. Best of luck in the final.

highorlow

Well done to Donegal.

Jimmy had the comfort of a recent AI to blend new blood into the squad without any self inflicted pressure. Small things like that make a huge difference. In saying that he comes across as having a huge empathy and connection with his players. A class act altogether.

People criticized their defensive style (myself included) but yesterday was a masterclass in counter attacking that was a joy to watch. 

The final and the whole build up will be interesting.

I'm for Donegal on this one. Hope ta f**k i don't put a jinx on them though! 
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J OGorman

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on September 01, 2014, 09:12:24 AM

Would be a shame. To me could at least be an impact player for another year and would be great influence to the younger lads like Kilkenny when he comes back

samesies...looked bucked at the end emotionally. Great player. Will be missed.
Hat off to Donegal, that was some performance yesterday. The hunger , especially after the Mayo game last year. Incredible stuff. Donegal had some real stand out players, but the man who epitomised their drive and will to win was Paddy McGrath. He was everywhere. Fine player

Hard to call the winner.

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: J OGorman on September 01, 2014, 09:31:38 AM
Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on September 01, 2014, 09:12:24 AM

samesies...looked bucked at the end emotionally. Great player. Will be missed.
Hat off to Donegal, that was some performance yesterday. The hunger , especially after the Mayo game last year. Incredible stuff. Donegal had some real stand out players, but the man who epitomised their drive and will to win was Paddy McGrath. He was everywhere. Fine player

Hard to call the winner.

No problem losing to Donegal with the way they played the game yesterday. They got everything right and practically all players were at least 8/10 perfomers. Can only really say for us that Connolly , Flynn (outstanding) and Paddy Andrews (too late a sub imo)  played at their best.  Could have done with Ger Brennan in that he would've brought a bit of discipline to our ,too often, vacant CB area. Lessons to be learned.

Got to go with Donegal for the final if they reproduce that in 3 weeks. They were outstanding.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: hardstation on September 01, 2014, 09:42:17 AM
YEEEHAAAA!!!

Dublin are not unbeatable.
Indeed, their defence is quite poor. They could easily have conceded 5 goals yesterday.

Great performance by Donegal though.

No shit  ::)

Immense from Donegal, thought Gallagher was brilliant...........................looking forward to a traditional midfield battle in the final with Moran vs Gallagher

Rossfan

Quote from: bcarrier on September 01, 2014, 08:59:29 AM
Two features for me of this football season have been:

- unpunished illegal handpasses
- referees favouring the team in arrears ( probably all has been so)

And no 3 - the new 40 steps rule....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Chimley

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2014, 10:59:19 AM

No 4: Two hops are ok if you're in a tight spot.

Mario

Quote from: Chimley on September 01, 2014, 11:07:26 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2014, 10:59:19 AM

No 4: Two hops are ok if you're in a tight spot.
You can run the length of the field hoping the ball with one hand basket ball style as long as you dont put your two hands on it

DennistheMenace

I suspect if Donegal win this All Ireland it would potentially be sweeter than the first one for McGuinness.

Chimley

Quote from: DennistheMenace on September 01, 2014, 11:11:35 AM
I suspect if Donegal win this All Ireland it would potentially be sweeter than the first one for McGuinness.

They've completed the set of teams to beat yesterday. It will be a tough ask to beat Kerry in the final. The Kerrymen have a habit of atoning for previous slights.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Bearded One

Jack McCaffrey in the 1st half, no one in the 2nd!
It is what it is. Presumably.

Dont Matter

Yesterday was a great day for Gaelic football. Donegal were superb. I seen Ryan McHugh during comórtas peile na Gaeltachta and he was unstoppable, he was the same yesterday. Hopefully lads will stop complaining about Donegals style of football now. You're allowed to defend in Gaelic football, it's not against the rules and Donegals defending was outstanding. Their counter attacks were great to watch aswell, the speed of them was something else. Kerry v Donegal should be a great final, one we can all enjoy with two teams there on merit and competing fairly.

As for Dubl$n, the embarrassment for them is huge. Millions upon millions upon millions of resources have gone into their team, aig on board this year, all the players with their free cars and fuel, time off work, every championship game at home, they even had their own personal ref with them and they got destroyed by little, oul Donegal.  ;D Everything was laid out on a plate for them to win this All Ireland and they couldn't do it. It really is embarrassing but it's great for everyone that likes to see teams competing fairly win and the financial dopers lose.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn