Donegal v Dublin AISF 31st Aug 2014

Started by StephenC, August 11, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: WT4E on August 31, 2014, 10:37:32 PM
Missed a few pages here! I was at the the game today as a neutral. Best team won.

One of the things I noticed was the fact that dublin being portrayed as the saviours of lovely Gaelic football is a myth! Probably not visible on tv but the way Ross o'carroll behaved today off the ball with Murphy and others was appalling. Then when Murphy got on top of him all he could offer was swiping at him running away!!!!

Ps Jim Gavin is a serious bad loser - not so smug today!

Looking forward tot the final!

Classy post well done

WT4E

Classy? Coming from a dub?  :o

You disagree then? Did you watch o'carroll?

Wildweasel74

where were half these posters before the game, all seem to come out of the woodwork always after a win

WT4E

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 31, 2014, 11:08:29 PM
where were half these posters before the game, all seem to come out of the woodwork always after a win

Well I posted 10 times in this thread before the game - not that I'm counting! Lol

Stop avoiding the question lads! Take your beating I heard enough rubbish from dub supporters today 'the saviours' of Gaelic football!

Jell 0 Biafra

Talk about too many steps for a goal is absurd.  Everybody takes too many steps these days; Kevin Mc has scored some crackers for us by doing exactly that.  Made not one bit of difference; only one team in it in the second half, and fair play to them.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: WT4E on August 31, 2014, 11:13:28 PM

Well I posted 10 times in this thread before the game - not that I'm counting! Lol

Stop avoiding the question lads! Take your beating I heard enough rubbish from dub supporters today 'the saviours' of Gaelic football!

Just curious, who from the Dublin camp was referring to our team as 'saviours' of anything?

WT4E

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

Just curious, who from the Dublin camp was referring to our team as 'saviours' of anything?

More so the media - led by the dublin pr wing!!! Jim Gavin and the boys etc!!!

Main Street

Brilliant performance by Donegal, thoug it was the first time I actually enjoyed them playing football.
The 2 best teams are in final

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2014, 11:14:19 PM
Talk about too many steps for a goal is absurd.  Everybody takes too many steps these days; Kevin Mc has scored some crackers for us by doing exactly that.  Made not one bit of difference; only one team in it in the second half, and fair play to them.

Fair comment and I know this made no difference either but Paddy McBrearty seemed to take about 12 steps before he kicked a point too.
That was never a square ball!!

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: WT4E on August 31, 2014, 11:19:49 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 31, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

More so the media - led by the dublin pr wing!!! Jim Gavin and the boys etc!!!

Yeah, the media said shit like that, and Dublin supporters recognized it for what it was.  So why did you say that you'd heard this stuff from Dublin supporters?

INDIANA

Off to bed kid. School starts tomorrow. We never promoted ourselves as the saviours of anything. And the genuine GAA fan (of which you're not one) knows that

StephenC

Absolutely magnificent Donegal performance. Just brilliant. I was full sure we would be beaten today and my hope was that we would leave with our pride intact. This bunch of lads didn't read the script though.
So many great performances. Big Neil and Odhran were class, Ryan was everywhere and when introduced, Paddy McBrearty and Christy made real impacts. Just a group of warriors.

Brilliant win for the minors too - heady days for us!

Hard luck to Dublin.

Jinxy

Quote from: highorlow on August 31, 2014, 09:47:51 PM
5 steps for Mac faddens goal. I wonder is it because they were small steps the officials let it off. Was at a crucial time in the match.

It was a strange goal.
He was so low on confidence he took an age to just kick the shagging thing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Massive stuff from donegal, congratulations and I hope ye win it

The Dubs will be back next year

It will take some team to put back to back all Irelands