Are Dublin the best team ever ?

Started by Saffrongael, August 09, 2014, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnybegood

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2014, 10:46:21 AM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 11, 2014, 10:19:37 AM
It's all well and good doing it in front of 83,000 on a sunny day in Croker in September.
Cold January day in Newbridge, and they don't want to know.

In fairness, the great Kerry team didn't always put on show in the league either, I recall Armagh beating them.

But a team that plays all their championship games at home can hardly be called great.
there isn't a team in Leinster capable of beating them outside Croker anyway so unless you start playing all Ireland semi finals and finals in new bridge your point is no more than a cold water pouring exercise, why don't you just come out and say 'I hate the dubs'

armaghniac

Quote from: Johnnybegood on August 11, 2014, 11:12:19 AM
there isn't a team in Leinster capable of beating them outside Croker anyway so unless you start playing all Ireland semi finals and finals in new bridge your point is no more than a cold water pouring exercise, why don't you just come out and say 'I hate the dubs'

Don't be so immature, there is an issue here and if you cannot come out with a response more useful than implying that those who discuss the issues "hate the Dubs", then you are only confirming the belief that Dubs are trying to distract attention from the issue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2014, 10:46:21 AM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 11, 2014, 10:19:37 AM
It's all well and good doing it in front of 83,000 on a sunny day in Croker in September.
Cold January day in Newbridge, and they don't want to know.

In fairness, the great Kerry team didn't always put on show in the league either, I recall Armagh beating them.

But a team that plays all their championship games at home can hardly be called great.

there isn't a team in Leinster capable of beating them outside Croker

The lack of O'Byrne Cup titles won by this Dublin team suggests otherwise.

DCB will have to begin lobbying their great allies in the Leinster Council to have all O'Byrne Cup fixtures moved to Croke Park so that the Dubs can break their January hoodoo.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2014, 11:22:08 AM

Don't be so immature, there is an issue here and if you cannot come out with a response more useful than implying that those who discuss the issues "hate the Dubs", then you are only confirming the belief that Dubs are trying to distract attention from the issue.

The problems are the competition structures. The provincial championships have to go.

But when Kerry were hockeying teams in Munster for years nobody cared.

Kilkenny hurlers are in the senior, minor , intermediate finals this year. Should they be split in half ?

They have won 5 out of the last 7 all Ireland titles too

What's the difference?

Johnnybegood

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2014, 11:22:08 AM

when should Dublin play outside Croker ?

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on August 11, 2014, 11:31:44 AM
The problems are the competition structures. The provincial championships have to go.

Kilkenny hurlers are in the senior, minor , intermediate finals this year. Should they be split in half ?

What's the difference?

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 11, 2014, 11:56:36 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 11, 2014, 11:31:44 AM

What's the difference?

How do you explain kilkennys success then ?

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on August 11, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

They only play hurling, no football distractions. They were born with hurls in their hands, I don't know but it has little to do with money. Unlike Dubl$n.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 11, 2014, 12:21:32 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 11, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

They only play hurling, no football distractions. They were born with hurls in their hands, I don't know but it has little to do with money. Unlike Dubl$n.

So you're saying that Kilkenny can win as many all Ireland's as they like but Dublin can win 3 in 30 years and be split in two.

I just want to expose you for the bullshit artist you truly are.

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on August 11, 2014, 12:29:28 PM
So you're saying that Kilkenny can win as many all Ireland's as they like but Dublin can win 3 in 30 years and be split in two.

;D Dubl$n have to be split because of their financial doping. The amount of All Irelands they've won or will win is irrelevant to that. It's actually embarrassing for Dubl$n that they have only 2 All Irelands in football and none in hurling in the last few years. It's been put on a plate for them.
If Kilkenny were receiving the same level of funding I'd be saying the same things about them.
Peter Quinn

armaghniac

Why not. Kilkenny have no advantage over other counties other than their own efforts at training, management etc. Dublin has a ridiculous advantage, whether they win or not. Having one county bigger than provinces is ridiculous.

Pot =  Kettle.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 11, 2014, 12:37:12 PM

;D Dubl$n have to be split because of their financial doping. The amount of All Irelands they've won or will win is irrelevant to that. It's actually embarrassing for Dubl$n that they have only 2 All Irelands in football and none in hurling in the last few years. It's been put on a plate for them.
If Kilkenny were receiving the same level of funding I'd be saying the same things about them.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2014, 12:38:24 PM

Why not. Kilkenny have no advantage over other counties other than their own efforts at training, management etc. Dublin has a ridiculous advantage, whether they win or not. Having one county bigger than provinces is ridiculous.

Pot =  Kettle.

It's ok for Kilkenny to make no effort to promote football and be allowed to dominate hurling because of it but Dublin should be hammered for getting their house in order at underage level.

It's truly laughable. You know I listened to a lot of Armagh people between 2000 and 2010 telling me all that was wrong with Dublin football and then when we actually do as suggested some if them use it as a stick to beat us with.

Comedy .

Keepthefaith93

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on August 11, 2014, 01:08:01 PM
It's ok for Kilkenny to make no effort to promote football and be allowed to dominate hurling because of it but Dublin should be hammered for getting their house in order at underage level.

It's truly laughable. You know I listened to a lot of Armagh people between 2000 and 2010 telling me all that was wrong with Dublin football and then when we actually do as suggested some if them use it as a stick to beat us with.

Comedy .

What's laughable is that you're well able to have a pop at other counties but you can't even bring yourself to mention the main reason why people are calling for Dubl$n to be split.
By "getting their house in order at underage level" you mean Dubl$n got millions of euro to get their house in order at underage level.
The comedy will be your reply that will avoid the money issue once more.  ;D
Peter Quinn