Managerial Merry Go Round, 2014/15 edition

Started by AZOffaly, August 07, 2014, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: trasna man on August 07, 2014, 11:20:02 PM
Brian mcIver, is on a five year development plan in derry and is ahead of schedule,.
Was losing to Longford not meant to happen till next year? :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zulu

Anthony Rainbow steps down as Carlow manager, no surprise there I think.

rodney trotter

Aidan O'Brien stepped down as Wexford manager.

Syferus

Johneen spotted at the club championship games over the weekend, shouldn't be too much drama in that reappointment.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2014, 08:07:14 PM
Johneen spotted at the club championship games over the weekend, shouldn't be too much drama in that reappointment.

Was at the Kerry/Galway and Mayo/Cork QF's as well. Not that means much was probably watching Kerry rather than looking at Galway and Mayo.

Rossfan

So we have vacancies in Laythrum, Down, Offaly, Westmeath, Carlow, Louth, Wexford so far.
Question marks in Antrim, Cavan, Armagh, Galway, and maybe a few more Leinster Counties - Cork too possibly.
Depending on how the AI plays out Horan, Gavin, Mcguinness may jump ship

Farrandeelin

To be honest I think Horan will go after this year, however it pans out.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on August 11, 2014, 09:13:22 PM
So we have vacancies in Laythrum, Down, Offaly, Westmeath, Carlow, Louth, Wexford, Waterford  and Armagh so far.
Question marks in Antrim, Cavan, Armagh, Galway, and maybe a few more Leinster Counties - Cork too possibly.
Depending on how the AI plays out Horan, Gavin, Mcguinness may jump ship

AZOffaly

Niall Carew has gone in Waterford alright, as advised by waterfordlad. I've updated the first post with the latest situation I think.

Shamrock Shore

Longford Co Board meet tomorrow night to decide on reappointing Sheedy for another year.

I know of at least one club agin and I know that if Shamrock Shore Snr has any say in the matter, being a club delegate, then a second club will say no.

But I think the top table and their aversion to change will swing the vote in Sheedy's favour.

Personally I think he was the wrong man at the beginning but at the same time it's unfair to dump after one season that had two championship wins......

Owenmoresider

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2014, 10:50:54 AM
So we have vacancies in Laythrum, Down, Offaly, Westmeath, Carlow, Louth, Wexford, Waterford  and Armagh, Galway so far.
Depending on how the AI plays out Horan, Gavin, McGuinness may jump ship

rodney trotter

No question mark in Cavan , Terry Hyland confirmed he was staying on a few weeks ago

Rossfan

Terry might fancy staying but ...... have clubs/Co Board re appointed him?

The Insider

Unless the Longford chairman pulls a rabbit out of the hat tonight, JacK Sheedy will be gone . 24 clubs and 12 executive have a vote . At present the views of 8 executive members are known 4 for 4 against , with probably the same split between the remaining 4 . So at best 6  of the executive in favour at present untill details of next years proposed selectors are released . The players would have been all impressed with the strength and conditioning coach and would favour him staying . They were less impressed with some of the other  people with Jack . Unfortunately they all come as a package and I don't see Gilly getting the 19 votes needed to save Jack.