Managerial Merry Go Round, 2014/15 edition

Started by AZOffaly, August 07, 2014, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2014, 02:27:59 PM
Terry might fancy staying but ...... have clubs/Co Board re appointed him?

He has a deal until 2016 so the clubs  didn't have to vote or relect him. It was after a meeting with the co board that he said he was staying on so I would assume they want him to continue?

Rossfan

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 21, 2014, 04:03:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2014, 02:27:59 PM
Terry might fancy staying but ...... have clubs/Co Board re appointed him?

He has a deal until 2016 so the clubs  didn't have to vote or relect him. It was after a meeting with the co board that he said he was staying on so I would assume they want him to continue?
I'd have thought he'd be in bother after this year's anaemic championship performances and his ultra defensive team set up.
Anyway I've drawn a line though Cavan in my last posting :).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Promotion was the goal at the start of the year, Peter Donnelly had a big say in the defensive style Cavan have developed, this year in the championship there was 10 players missing from the team that played Kerry last year through injury or travelling

next year should be better, hopefully and the style of play will change slightly too

ye fairly parked the bus against Mayo all the same and agaisnt Armagh
l

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 21, 2014, 05:55:02 PM
Promotion was the goal at the start of the year, Peter Donnelly had a big say in the defensive style Cavan have developed, this year in the championship there was 10 players missing from the team that played Kerry last year through injury or travelling

next year should be better, hopefully and the style of play will change slightly too

l

At least when we park the bus we do it in style.

rodney trotter

Nothing stylish from the games against Mayo or Armagh

Syferus

Rossfan

l
But we attacked them at some stage. Bad shootin at vital stages effd us up in both games.
Ye're bucks were still 13 or 14 behind the ball when ye were way behind in the second half against us.
Anyway we'll be renewing acquaintances ( near time ye came to the Hyde) next Spring in D2. Hopefully we'll both have made more progress by then.
I see Johneen is saying he's going to "freshen up" his back room. I wonder what has he up his cute sleevín  :-X

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

rodney trotter

Forgot about that thing of beauty.  Agree rossfan, roscommon were a bit more adventurous

there will be be changes in the Cavan back room too

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2014, 08:16:09 PM

l
But we attacked them at some stage. Bad shootin at vital stages effd us up in both games.
Ye're bucks were still 13 or 14 behind the ball when ye were way behind in the second half against us.
Anyway we'll be renewing acquaintances ( near time ye came to the Hyde) next Spring in D2. Hopefully we'll both have made more progress by then.
I see Johneen is saying he's going to "freshen up" his back room. I wonder what has he up his cute sleevín  :-X

Did someone whisper FOD as a selector? Evans does have a way with words..

Shamrock Shore

No surprise but Jack Sheedy was reaffirmed as Longford manager last night on a vote of 14-5.

Some ex-players not amused judging by Twitter.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2014, 10:36:19 AM
So we have vacancies in Wicklow, Laythrum, Down, Offaly, Westmeath, Carlow, Louth, Wexford, Waterford  and Armagh, Galway so far.
Question marks in Antrim, Cavan, Armagh, Galway, and maybe a few more Leinster Counties - Cork too possibly.
Depending on how the AI plays out Horan, Gavin, McGuinness may jump ship

Wicklow added.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2014, 12:03:11 PM
So we have vacancies in Wicklow, Laythrum, Down, Offaly, Westmeath, Carlow, Louth, Wexford, Waterford  and Armagh[/color], Galway and MayoWR so far.
Question marks in Antrim, Cavan, Armagh, Galway, and maybe a few more Leinster Counties - Cork too possibly.
Depending on how the AI plays out Horan, Gavin, McGuinness may jump ship
Looks like the Aristocrats of Down going next door for a common oul Armaghite  :D
Bit of a come down ?
Shane Ward to be appointed in Laythrum next week I hear.

macdanger2

Bradley gone and a new man in place already up in Antrim

rodney trotter