The long wait is coming to an end!

Started by T Fearon, August 05, 2014, 11:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Armagh GAA have summoned the World's journalistic fraternity to a Press Conference tomorrow,Wednesday! Silence no more!

lynchbhoy

A hhh
I thought you were going to announce that you were actually going to have to buy match tickets instead of winning them!

bennydorano

Has it really been a media ban? More an Irish News embargo.

Hound

Quote from: bennydorano on August 06, 2014, 07:53:22 AM
Complete media ban. Refused interviews with RTE and Sky on TV.
Irish Times reported in the build up to the last match that an Armagh player turned up for the press briefing with players from other counties, refused to say a word, collected his cheque, and left.

AZOffaly

did the Armagh man of the match not talk to Sky the other day?

illdecide

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2014, 09:30:30 AM
did the Armagh man of the match not talk to Sky the other day?

Soupy did talk to SKY after the game
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on August 06, 2014, 08:50:05 AM
Irish Times reported in the build up to the last match that an Armagh player turned up for the press briefing with players from other counties, refused to say a word, collected his cheque, and left.

In fairness the story there was that the player was sent down for the photo shoot, like all the rest of them, but when he was contacted on the way down, he reminded them that he wouldn't be available for interviews, as per the instruction from team management. He did the photo shoot.

ck

Such a feckin farce the whole thing. Sure didn't one of their players do an interview with Sky last week, yet others don't talk. It's all a mess and serves no purpose at all.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 06, 2014, 10:23:15 AM
Postponed! Lol

LOL. You have to admire it at this stage. Aggrivating the press is risky business but they are certainly dictating the message none the less

DuffleKing

Quote from: Hound on August 06, 2014, 08:50:05 AM

Nice implication of the player as a mercenary there Hound. Armagh are obliged to provide a player for these game promotion photos, they are not obliged to do interviews. Happens the press treat them as a free lunch - tag along and pick up the handy interviews.

This type of thread is great for highlighting the posters with media agendas...

Rossfan

Message to Armagh GAA - Grow up FFS!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2014, 10:52:32 AM
Message to Armagh GAA - Grow up FFS!!!

It's actually quite mature and quite calculated, well played Armagh.
#newbridgeornowhere

mackers

While I don't agree with the blanket media ban this has shown how seriously the media take themselves....the IN will have nothing else to write about if the ban is over.....it has filled some column inches for them over the last few weeks.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

AZOffaly

I'm confused hardstation. Given that this is a reaction to media coverage and bans related to the parade row, where does this rank on your 'whingeometer'?