Removal of Gaza flag in Croke Park!

Started by Aoise, August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossiewanderer

Its big loud and very oppressed.

It was an analogy my good man,Good day to you.I am off out into the cosy fresh air of the Republic.

dowling

Ross on what do you base your stance on all this? I'm not trying to be smart here, I just find it hard to understand how some one in this day and age with such access to the internet and seeing what is happening to the people of Gaza can develop or maintain a sympathetic stance towards Israel.

dowling

Maybe that should have been on the other thread but  sure.

Rossfan

Quote from: Aoise on August 06, 2014, 05:56:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2014, 05:42:20 PM
Quote from: Aoise on August 06, 2014, 04:41:18 PM
I happen to think that Croke Park is the people's park. 
It's the GAA's Park. The people have to pay to get in to see games in it. ;)

And what is the GAA if not the people Rossfan?  ;) 

The GAA is not "the people". It is the members of CLCG only. A lot of " the people" who go to support teams are in fact NOT members of the GAA and in effect have no say in how it's run or what decisions it makes at whatever level. They are of course perfectly entitled to comment or criticise those decisions but they have no say in them if they're not members.

Just for the record I think Israel is a rogue State which has built illegal settlements on illegally grabbed land, is denying basic human existence to the people of Gaza, and has committed war crimes in Gaza this summer not to mention on previous occasions and further back the massacres in Lebanon in 1982 etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

give her dixie

The Irish News will be covering the story tomorrow regarding the flag issue at Croke Park, along with an interview with lads who were involved. Watch out for it.......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Syferus

Quote from: give her dixie on August 06, 2014, 10:39:04 PM
The Irish News will be covering the story tomorrow regarding the flag issue at Croke Park, along with an interview with lads who were involved. Watch out for it.......

If the above isn't a good pisstake I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Is there anything but flag trouble going on in Ulster? Is there a weekly Fleg pull-out so everyone is up to date on the newest thing to be outraged over?

JP

We always have flag trouble!! The Belfast Telegraph are currently taking in suggestions for a new NI flag. This is my personal favourite. ( I hope the picture shows)

By the way my opinion on the conflict. The actions of Israel in the past have created Hamas, they are who the Palestinians have voted for, whether the Israels or the USA like it or not. The legacy of the conflict will be many dead innocent people and a new generation of Palestinians who hate Israel. Israels actions are indefensible and should be condemned by all, instead of this the USA sponsors the massacre by providing more funding and more ammunition.

Best of luck to all who take part in a Pro-Palestine/humanitarian demonstration on Saturday.

Aoise

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2014, 10:05:05 PM
Quote from: Aoise on August 06, 2014, 05:56:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2014, 05:42:20 PM
Quote from: Aoise on August 06, 2014, 04:41:18 PM
I happen to think that Croke Park is the people's park. 
It's the GAA's Park. The people have to pay to get in to see games in it. ;)

And what is the GAA if not the people Rossfan?  ;) 

The GAA is not "the people". It is the members of CLCG only. A lot of " the people" who go to support teams are in fact NOT members of the GAA and in effect have no say in how it's run or what decisions it makes at whatever level. They are of course perfectly entitled to comment or criticise those decisions but they have no say in them if they're not members.

Just for the record I think Israel is a rogue State which has built illegal settlements on illegally grabbed land, is denying basic human existence to the people of Gaza, and has committed war crimes in Gaza this summer not to mention on previous occasions and further back the massacres in Lebanon in 1982 etc.

Well good that has cleared that up then as I am a member of CLCG, so therefore should have my voice heard yes?

Aoise

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2014, 10:46:44 PM

Is there anything but flag trouble going on in Ulster? Is there a weekly Fleg pull-out so everyone is up to date on the newest thing to be outraged over?

Well Syferus thank God we in Ulster didn't rely on people like you to take a stand for us or else we'd still be in the shit!  ;)

give her dixie

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2014, 10:46:44 PM

Some of us are more outraged by the ongoing Genocide in Palestine than others.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

charlieTully

Too true, general theme from roscommon appears to be pro Israel anti occupied six. Anti IRA. My sister went with a lad from there once, he was a cnut too. Horrible shower of scuba divers.

Itchy

I guess old John 3:7 should be fucked out of croker too. What if evert religious crack pot came with their own sign, it would be mayhem!

rossiewanderer

Quote from: charlieTully on August 06, 2014, 11:30:32 PM
Too true, general theme from roscommon appears to be pro Israel anti occupied six. Anti IRA. My sister went with a lad from there once, he was a cnut too. Horrible shower of scuba divers.

God forbid anyone could be anti IRA.Whatever you like to think Charlie you imbecile god bless you.

babarino

Quote from: Itchy on August 06, 2014, 11:35:25 PM
I guess old John 3:7 should be fucked out of croker too. What if evert religious crack pot came with their own sign, it would be mayhem!

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 07, 2014, 12:25:07 AM
God forbid anyone could be anti IRA.Whatever you like to think Charlie you imbecile god bless you.