Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I've said for years we need to take the proceeds of one of these replays, and pay a team of GAA people, including those with legal backgrounds, even the likes of Brolly, to rewrite the rulebook top to bottom.

orangeman

Quote from: J OGorman on September 02, 2014, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 02, 2014, 04:42:03 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 02, 2014, 04:28:49 PM
One golden rule I have is never, ever put the boot in the aftermath of a game if you win but, jesus, some of you lads are making it hard  ::) I get that you are pissed off at the ref but stop having a go at us because of that.

I was watching the game as a Kerry fan. You watched it as a Mayo fan. Practically every decision that went against us I could question. You (obviously!!) are the same. There were periods, especially in the first half where, it seemed we only had to touch a Mayoman and he got a free.

I also want to put the record straight on one thing on the Enright penalty since ye are complaining about it so much.... Remember when they were Jostling before the ball dropped ? Enright was facing toward his own goal and couldn't see the ball..well, there was a clear push by O'Connor on Enright right before he got that ball.  That push did three things,it allowed O'Connor to gather the ball, unbalanced Enright and gave him the split second to get away forcing Enright to pull him down.

I'm not saying it was a huge push but it was definitely a foul in my book so if you are going to go through every incident forensically then you need to take everything into account.

So instead of getting a penalty and a black card for Enright it might have been a free out to Kerry. Since you got the penalty and scored I would say that it worked out fair enough in the end.

wow there Sheehy,  lets slow that down a biteen now. How did the ref see it is the point, he seen the incident as a penalty, has to be a card sin e, yellow or balck who cares , has to be one or the other, it wasnt because the dirty rotten meath f**ker yellowed out of it because it was bath time for enright . Even up the Keegan technicality is all it was, you know it, we know it everybody knows it and pat mcanneany knows it ( he had a nice seat at croker on sunday beside his buddy from Kerry)

thats a black card right there

Definitely a red in my book and if Hardy and the boys get wind of this it could be worse.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: larryin89 on September 02, 2014, 04:42:03 PM
One golden rule I have is never, ever put the boot in the aftermath of a game if you win but, jesus, some of you lads are making it hard  ::) I get that you are pissed off at the ref but stop having a go at us because of that.

I was watching the game as a Kerry fan. You watched it as a Mayo fan. Practically every decision that went against us I could question. You (obviously!!) are the same. There were periods, especially in the first half where, it seemed we only had to touch a Mayoman and he got a free.

I also want to put the record straight on one thing on the Enright penalty since ye are complaining about it so much.... Remember when they were Jostling before the ball dropped ? Enright was facing toward his own goal and couldn't see the ball..well, there was a clear push by O'Connor on Enright right before he got that ball.  That push did three things,it allowed O'Connor to gather the ball, unbalanced Enright and gave him the split second to get away forcing Enright to pull him down.

I'm not saying it was a huge push but it was definitely a foul in my book so if you are going to go through every incident forensically then you need to take everything into account.

So instead of getting a penalty and a black card for Enright it might have been a free out to Kerry. Since you got the penalty and scored I would say that it worked out fair enough in the end.

wow there Sheehy,  lets slow that down a biteen now. How did the ref see it is the point, he seen the incident as a penalty, has to be a card sin e, yellow or balck who cares , has to be one or the other, it wasnt because the dirty rotten meath f**ker yellowed out of it because it was bath time for enright . Even up the Keegan technicality is all it was, you know it, we know it everybody knows it and pat mcanneany knows it ( he had a nice seat at croker on sunday beside his buddy from Kerry)

No you are the one that needs to slow down and read what I actually wrote.  ::)

I'm not disputing that he pulled him down or disputing the rights or wrongs of no black card being given. What I said is that BEFORE the penalty there was a clear push on Enright so no push=O'Connor doesn't get the ball=Enright doesn't pull him down=no card OR penalty.

Like I said, I don't blame mayo for being pissed off at the ref....but we had plenty to complain about him as well. Stop having a go at us because of the ref.

bcarrier

The central belief of every moron is that he is the victim of a mysterious conspiracy against his common rights and true deserts. He ascribes all his failure to get on in the world, all of his congenital incapacity and damfoolishness, to the machinations of werewolves assembled in Wall Street Croke Park, or some other such den of infamy.
—H.L. Mencken

theticklemister

Je hi , just remembering that Derry beat Mayo this year in the NFL semi final.

Bad year for Mayo.

Mano

He didn't give free kicks for shoulder to the chest, for mauling, pulling and dragging and you want a free for 2 lads contesting a ball. Although he did give something similar to Donaghy against Keane in first period of extra time. Should have been a black or yellow card and off for an early bath for Enright

charlieTully

Quote from: theticklemister on September 02, 2014, 05:43:01 PM
Je hi , just remembering that Derry beat Mayo this year in the NFL semi final.

Bad year for Mayo.

;D haha, you are a bad man. Some serious yapping going on here, take your beating and move on ffs, yis had ample opportunities in the past four years to win an AL and bottled it every time. Its boring now, sympathy is rapidly turning into apathy.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Mano on September 02, 2014, 06:56:16 PM

He didn't give free kicks for shoulder to the chest, for mauling, pulling and dragging and you want a free for 2 lads contesting a ball. Although he did give something similar to Donaghy against Keane in first period of extra time. Should have been a black or yellow card and off for an early bath for Enright

Donaghy was being pulled and dragged all day. You lads seem to think that just because he is a big lad that a pull or drag on him is not a foul. It is. He was fouled everytime the ball was contested for the simple reason that the players marking him couldn't compete with him physically so they had to pull and drag him. That's fair enough. We'd have done the same thing but a foul is a foul.

....and, of course lets not mention the "attention" that JOD was getting during both games. That seems to have escaped ye're eagle eyes  ::) it was a fair game overall but Mayo didn't hold back to put it mildly.

macdanger2

Congrats to kerry, their dominance at MF in particular won it for them.

Very poor refereeing from Reilly though and it's not good enough. Players and management put their lives on hold and for a ref to have such an influence on a big game is unacceptable. As mike said, it's not Kerry's fault however. It was mayo at the wrong end of it this time around but it could be any county next time out and you can be sure any set of supporters would be pissed off. How to provide that consistency though? 2nd ref? Video ref for some incidents? Better training??

In the meantime, all Mayo people should punch any meath men they meet for the next 4 weeks, should ease the pain

On a related note, there needs to be consistency in how brawls are dealt with - Armagh & Cavan have to feel pretty hard done by after seeing what happened in the Dublin/Meath match and again last Saturday without censure. Not saying there should be bans for Mayo/Kerry players but there should be consistency in how these things are handled

larryin89

Pat Mceneany has commented on refereeing performances on tv this year, does he write a report or anything like that is for public viewing ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

blanketattack

Quote from: Mano on January 01, 1970, 01:02:20 AM

What has got no mention is the early incident where Cillian O'Connor kicks Paul Murphy. Enright then goes in to back up his teammate and gets a yellow for his trouble. The right decision then would have been a red card for COC making the controversy over the penalty incident null and void.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: blanketattack on September 02, 2014, 08:54:33 PM

What has got no mention is the early incident where Cillian O'Connor kicks Paul Murphy. Enright then goes in to back up his teammate and gets a yellow for his trouble. The right decision then would have been a red card for COC making the controversy over the penalty incident null and void.

Exactly.

Swings and roundabouts....

blanketattack

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2014, 09:14:19 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 02, 2014, 09:09:42 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 02, 2014, 08:54:33 PM

Exactly.

Swings and roundabouts....

I suppose you are right! The last 10 minutes of the 2011 All Ireland where Kerry certainly got none of the call comes to mind. But you have to say it was a deserved win for Dublin all the same!

I would. The ref wouldn't come into my top 5 reasons for losing that day, although he might be no. 6!

larryin89

But you're picking incidents the ref didnt see.

I'm just trying to work out the mad reasoning he had behind his decision to not card Enright for the pen , when he obviously did see it as a foul hence he awarded the penalty. Its crazy that you're just ignoring this blatant act of unfairness. It was underhand, it stinks to the high heavens, it was biased, it was cheating, it was balancing the act for keegan getting off with technicality from the first game sending off.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 02, 2014, 08:02:13 PM
Quote from: Mano on September 02, 2014, 06:56:16 PM

Donaghy was being pulled and dragged all day. You lads seem to think that just because he is a big lad that a pull or drag on him is not a foul. It is. He was fouled everytime the ball was contested for the simple reason that the players marking him couldn't compete with him physically so they had to pull and drag him. That's fair enough. We'd have done the same thing but a foul is a foul.

....and, of course lets not mention the "attention" that JOD was getting during both games. That seems to have escaped ye're eagle eyes  ::) it was a fair game overall but Mayo didn't hold back to put it mildly.

Believe it or not Michael, I agree with you.
Mayo were trying to do to Donaghy what you shower had done to Keegan in the drawn game. Obviously, we have a bit to learn yet because your man didn't retaliate, in full view of the ref anyway, but we're gaining ground all the time.

I don't blame Kerry for beating us in any way. I don't think ye are any dirtier than we are but the crucial point is that Cormac's mistakes cost ye less than they cost us.
Reilly's wrong call didn't cost us the game, they helped but so did James Horan's lack of tactical acumen.
Leaving Cafferky on Donaghy when it became painfully obvious that he wasn't up to the task didn't help our cause either. Neither did the fact that we lost control at midfield.  Seamie O'Shea was okay but Barry Moran was struggling from the off although he wasn't taken off until the closing stages. By then the damage was done.
While I'm on the rant I'll say that Robbie Hennelly's kickouts were a disaster. Little or no variation as he rained them down on midfield where the Kerry buckos were scooping them up. Yet, no reaction from the sideline.
I never thought the day would come when I'd criticise James Horan and I do appreciate what he has done for the county but Saturday wasn't one of his better days.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi