Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Look at the end of the day, we have never been as close over the last 3 years , I don't believe teams that have won it have been better as in the context of a definite line as to why we didn't succeed , we were very unlucky in this era and ye can mock if ye want but I'm fuckin devastated , I feel like someone has died tonight. I'm exhausted and drained from it all  but will be back cheering them on come the league next year like thousands more besides.

Mayo till I die.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on August 31, 2014, 07:53:38 PM
Look at the end of the day, we have never been as close over the last 3 years , I don't believe teams that have won it have been better as in the context of a definite line as to why we didn't succeed , we were very unlucky in this era and ye can mock if ye want but I'm fuckin devastated , I feel like someone has died tonight. I'm exhausted and drained from it all  but will be back cheering them on come the league next year like thousands more besides.

Mayo till I die.

Ballagh's still in Roscommon though.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

chrissears

Larry I am a 54- year old born and bred Londoner whose parents are from South Mayo but it still hurt.
We didn't get beaten out the gate by half-time so we are closing the gap.
Yesterday we were beaten by a slightly better team, even before the game I just didn't think we were good enough to win AI.
Pick yourself up and dust yourself down, we will be back next year.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: chrissears on August 31, 2014, 08:28:09 PM
Larry I am a 54- year old born and bred Londoner whose parents are from South Mayo but it still hurt.
We didn't get beaten out the gate by half-time so we are closing the gap.
Yesterday we were beaten by a slightly better team, even before the game I just didn't think we were good enough to win AI.
Pick yourself up and dust yourself down, we will be back next year.

With the right management in place we will. If not I really worry.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

I noticed that with Spillane alright.

It's Donegals for the winning I'd say.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 08:51:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2014, 05:35:27 PM
This makes it even worse for Mayo. Ye had the belief to beat Donegal. Donegal going for immortality and Mayo left to take stock. Fine margins.

This makes nothing worse. This result had no relevance to how much of a chance we had of winning an AI if we had got there. Do you honestly think we would have more a chance of beating Donegal than Dublin? Honestly? I could see Pat Spillane licking his lips after the game. He is in for a shock.

Playing Donegal at a truly neutral venue rather than the superstar Dubs at home? Absolutely it is more doable for Mayo. In another life it would be Mayo and not Donegal going for their second AI in three years next month - very little between those two sides over the course of both Horan and McGuiness' reigns.

A 50-50 match-up, even on a mental level after the great evener that was last year's thrashing by Mayo.

tyroneman

Quote from: ballinaman on August 31, 2014, 11:07:33 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 31, 2014, 11:04:49 AM
QuoteReilly having got Keegan the red last week and seeing it overturned felt he could balance the books a bit.

Didn't hear how Keegan was allowed to play.  What was the reason given for rescinding the Red card?  Who'd be referee when their decisions are over turned like this.
Loophole. Coldrick wrote he sent him off for kicking instead of attempting to kick because didn't make contact. Reilly was the linesman who called it to Coldrick.

This is crazy if true. Referees are told to quote the whole part of the infraction ie kick or attempt to kick when writing the report. Leaves no wriggle room ( normally)

And Carr commentating.....give me a break. Hasn't a clue.

macdanger2

Gutted

Congrats to kerry

Thanks to James horan and the players for all the good days over the last 4 years.

Maigh Eo abu

johnpower

Quote from: muppet on August 31, 2014, 02:47:00 PM
The annual torture is over till next year thankfully.

Firstly, the ref.

He was atrocious but Kerry adapted to him far better than we did. He gaves frees to anyone that looked for one. But he never considered the persistent fouling. So while we tackled with a turnover in mind, sometimes risking a free, Kerry simply conceeded the free to stop our running game.

So with a running game ruled out by the ref, the only solution was the long and/or high ball. We didn't play it and never dealt with Kerry playing it.

David Moran gave an absolutely tremendous performance. Only Tom Parsons made any positive impact for us in the middle. The collision between AOS and COC was a disaster for us, to have to play without both when we had them under the cosh was very significant. And I think COC had scored something like 2-4 at that stage and hardly scored again. He looked concussed to me and his fumble in extra time was totally uncharacteristic.

The battle between Higgins and O'Donoghue was a game worth watching in its own right. Two magnificent players going at it, fairly, for the whole saga was worth any entrance fee, or trip to Limerick.

Well done Kerry, their game winning know-how got them over the line in the end. And their ability to play to a crap refereeing performance as against our failure to deal with it, was very significant. This last point will close the obvious playing gap between them and Dublin <edit: eh Donegal> and should not be underestimated.

I just saw that collision today it was awfull and really changed the game I was at the game and thought it was tactical that the 2 lads did not restart really hard game hard luck Mayo

rossiewanderer

That result today will really make Mayos heartbreak even harder to take,Mayo would have relished the chance to take on Donegal and gain revenge for 2012.

Liam McHale and Kevin McStay already touted.They should really push hard for Jack O'Connor,Mayo have the finance to make that happen.

Syferus

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 31, 2014, 10:15:02 PM
That result today will really make Mayos heartbreak even harder to take,Mayo would have relished the chance to take on Donegal and gain revenge for 2012.

Liam McHale and Kevin McStay already touted.They should really push hard for Jack O'Connor,Mayo have the finance to make that happen.

Do they? Are they printing money now? McStay and McHale are just bring touted because they're names but they'd be a better choice than chasing after a big money man. Mayo have enough good managers to find one from their own county.

Wildweasel74

mayo are still not far away, they need to find 2 scoring forwards in their full forward line, if they do they be back in the Mix as front runners with Dublin, Donegal, Cork, Kerry,  with maybe Tyrone, Monaghan, Armagh looking at improvements to get up to the top 5

rossiewanderer

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 31, 2014, 11:07:38 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on August 31, 2014, 09:30:53 AM
So which is it....

A) Kerry were the better team overall and deserved to win, despite the referee giving them a few handy frees
B) Kerry were clearly second best and the referee outrageously robbed Mayo
C) Both teams were pretty evenly matched and the referee possibly helped Kerry shade it with 8 or 9 debatable calls.

Your daughter is calling you..

blast05

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 31, 2014, 10:56:58 PM
mayo are still not far away, they need to find 2 scoring forwards in their full forward line, if they do they be back in the Mix as front runners with Dublin, Donegal, Cork, Kerry,  with maybe Tyrone, Monaghan, Armagh looking at improvements to get up to the top 5

Thats clear so .... 2 more scoring forwards on the full forward line and we will be back up there competing with Cork  ::)