Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 30, 2014, 09:18:50 PM
Christ that was nerve wracking. Commiserations to Mayo, they were heroic. That Higgins v O'Donoghue duel encapsulated everything that is good about Gaelic football.

+1

Higgins is superb.

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on August 30, 2014, 09:36:14 PM
Quote from: galwayman on August 30, 2014, 09:26:19 PM
How in Gods name did David Moran not get man of the match on rte?
Who got it on Sky?

I'm guessing Tommy Carr picked it that's why.
I shouted at the TV more times about Carr's inane comments than I did at the Ref today  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: bcarrier on August 30, 2014, 09:42:26 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 30, 2014, 09:18:50 PM
Christ that was nerve wracking. Commiserations to Mayo, they were heroic. That Higgins v O'Donoghue duel encapsulated everything that is good about Gaelic football.

+1

Higgins is superb.

He is. It was an epic battle between them. Everytime the ball went in you knew you were going to see class. The amount of times that Higgins disposessed him or got the block in was unreal but JOD stuck at it and answered a lot of critics who are just waiting for him to fall flat on his face. He still delivered against one of the best displays of corner back play that I have see. It was a privilege to watch it.

Mac2

Last week was the time to win this one but we lacked the guile on the sideline to see it out. I don't know what it would have taken to win today, that was as shameful a refereeing performance as I ever seen at a match.

screenexile

Quote from: Mac2 on August 30, 2014, 09:59:29 PM
Last week was the time to win this one but we lacked the guile on the sideline to see it out. I don't know what it would have taken to win today, that was as shameful a refereeing performance as I ever seen at a match.

Nah it wasn't ... He wasn't as terrible as people are making out it was a very hard game to referee!!

mrdeeds

James Horan after stepping down and I don't  know how any posters can defend the referee performance.

Syferus

Kids drinking in a bus stop in Ardrahan are after taunting the poor Mayo lads. What hooligans :'(

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 30, 2014, 10:15:21 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on August 30, 2014, 08:55:26 PM
Seriously who ever heard of Jonathan Lyne before this evening ?

Did he play minor or Sigerson ?

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2708131008-ten-questions-with-jonathan-lyne/

http://www.terracetalk.com/kerry-football/player/749/Jonathan-Lyne

He was one of the 10 players mentioned in the Independent to watch out for at the start of the start year http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.ie%2Fsport%2Fgaelic-football%2F14-rising-gaa-stars-to-watch-for-in-2014-29897130.html&ei=4z0CVPLmIqSv7AargIFA&usg=AFQjCNFunTVzIDBJQBHS0pNt7dpnEAczcQ

I don't think we've seen enough to pick him for the final but he definitely did the business when he came on.In my view, based on what I saw today, there is a serious question mark over Johnny Buckleys starting place now.

Fíor Gael

I don't think we've seen enough to pick him for the final but he definitely did the business when he came on.In my view, based on what I saw today, there is a serious question mark over Johnny Buckleys starting place now.
[/quote].                                                                                                                                            Agreed on Buckley. Very quiet today, thought he should have been called ashore much earlier. David Moran was man of match by a country mile, Crowley was also very impressive.

omagh_gael

Can't believe Horan never put one of his biggest men in against Donaghy. Mayo have an embarrassment of riches around midfield and surely they could have worked on one of them during the last week to solely focus on neutralising Ciaran. Can't recall one clean catch or significant break away from him all game. One of Mickey Harte's greatest strengths in our prime was finding horses for courses to deal with unique threats like Star.

Kerry's 'nice men' imagine once again blown out of the water. Some ridiculous cynicism in the last half of extra time. Must be sickening to be In Sean Cavanagh's shoes watching that and not a peep about it.

Overall, a fantastic game which had me on the edge of my seat. Love watching those games when my team is not involved. Able to sit back and take it all in without the need to have the cardiac ambulance on standby. Fair play to both teams. Kerry will be in good shape with Cooper returning next year.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2014, 10:06:54 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on August 30, 2014, 09:59:29 PM

Nah it wasn't ... He wasn't as terrible as people are making out it was a very hard game to referee!!

Yes he was as terrible, and he made it a hard game to referee by not clamping down on the cynicism.
Dreadful performance by the ref.

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2014, 08:43:27 PM
On a realistic level if Mayo are to win an AI soon it won't be with a Mayo manager.

It needs to be from a county who knows how to win AI's

Pig ignorant statement.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."