Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

Feel very sorry for Mayo - not to say that Kerry didn't deserve but I thought they showed some incredible heart. A lot went against them, in particular the O'Shea/O'connor injuries took a lot of their momentum at the start of the second half.

I'm sure that a lot of people will be writing them off but I always think of the dubs in the 90s as an example of a time staying together and getting their reward. I hope they get theirs.

I won't say anything about Kerry until I know we're playing them, except congratulations.

PS - ten minutes of post match analysis and they haven't mentioned a twenty man brawl involving team officials and spectators. I'm not looking for a witch hunt but Jaysis, the three monkeys have nothing on it. The next time someone is assaulted on the pitch and the RTE panel take up the pitchforks, they'll have no credibility whatsoever.

yellowcard

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 30, 2014, 07:47:03 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2014, 07:43:32 PM
Its a shame that Reilly will be one of the big talking points but I felt he prevented the game from being a better spectacle and never looked in control. That said the scenes at the end were shocking and no referee should have to run for cover to the dressing room. Mayo can feel hard done by on some of his decisions but overall they need to look at their own deficiencies first of all. I still think Kerry overall were the better side.

I would in most cases agree but the referee today reaped what he sowed. Must have a Donaghy fan club. Also Kerry should have had at least three black cards. Let double hops go and touching on ground. Disgrace.

Yes he favoured Kerry on some crucial decisions but no referee deserves to be physically and verbally attacked by supporters. If it weren't for the stewards and security there could have been carnage. Considering the sensationalism on some previous incidents this year (Armagh v Cavan) its quite unbelievable that the pundits never even mentioned the disgraceful scenes at the end. 

easytiger95

I'd say Paul Grimley is stewing now and he'd be right.

Syferus

Some match, degraded into a brawl at the end. Ref was letting a lot go.

Where to for Mayo? This team is looking like going down with the Ros and Armagh sides of the 70s as one of the best teams to never win the big one.

It would be criminal if we ended up with Tipp-Kilkenny and Dublin-Kerry. Jimmy is the last man standing that can prevent the September apocalypse.

seafoid

Heartbreaking for Mayo. Such character but just fell short .
Must be the end of the road for Horan. There`ll be a few fellas dropping out after this but next year
is a clean slate and who knows what the next few years will bring.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

Where to for Mayo? This team is looking like going down with the Ros and Armagh sides of the 70s as one of the best teams to never win the big one.

It would be criminal if we ended up with Tipp-Kilkenny and Dublin-Kerry. Jimmy is the last man standing that can prevent the September apocalypse.

wouldn't suit the country bumpkins all right

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: BennyCake on August 30, 2014, 07:45:15 PM
What time thon big Mayo eejit hope to achieve at the end there?

Can someone translate this into English for me?

INDIANA

Devastating for Mayo. Some heart but lack a couple of forwards really to win an AI. Cost them the game.

Feel for their fans- its torture for them

Kerry will be warm favourites for the final now.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2014, 08:05:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2014, 07:55:19 PM

wouldn't suit the country bumpkins all right

Didn't know Kerry, Tipp and Kilkenny were big metropolises.. or do you have another AI already penciled in for next month?

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rudi

Horrible game to lose. Mayo died with their boots on. Ref gave Donaghey some very soft frees. David Moran was MOM.

bcarrier

Peter Crowley was immense for Kerry.

Obviously they will be no match for the greatest team ever but order will be restored in due course.

How was the Kerry mammy today I wonder

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/gaa-features/video-kerry-mammy-loses-the-plot-in-injury-time-as-kingdom-battle-to-a-replay/