Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

how can another man come in and catch a ball between 2 other men contesting a throw up ball when they all supposed to be 13m away. g wish we see a ref enforce the rules for a change. Teams come and go, Kerry made 6 finals or so in the 00`s, they made 2 in this decade, not a inch on the team of yesteryear they still about and that what counts

yellowcard

Kerry deserved it overall and will put it up to Dublin purely based on tradition even if they lack a bit of quality in certain areas. David Moran immense considering the injuries he has come back from. Feel for Mayo though suffering heartbreak yet again.

GalwayBayBoy

Hard luck Mayo lads. That's a tough one to take. No consolation but game of the year.

bennydorano

The young girl trying to get her Da off will be well scundered. Funny & sad.

Mano

Ref rode Mayo there. Kerry happy black card has been totally forgotten about.
Stupid by O Connor there at the end.

Subs decided it. Mayo didn't have the bench.

Wildweasel74

game of the year for closeness but the defending was not up to scratch and some of Kerry's shooting was shocking along with Mayo not having the forwards to see out the game

laoislad

Quote from: bennydorano on August 30, 2014, 07:29:23 PM
The young girl will trying to get her Da off will be well scundered. Funny & sad.
Horrible scenes. Felt sorry for the young girl.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on August 30, 2014, 07:25:15 PM
You have to admire Kerry for keeping going, they have a touch of Crossmaglen about them.
Winner of the most parochial post of the year FFS !!!
Mayowr ran out of steam, hadn't the bench and hadn't the guile up front either.
Reilly a disaster.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FL/MAYO

yellowcard

How in the name of god did O'Donoghue get MOTM? Moran was head and shoulders the best player on the field throughout, O'Donoghue played well and was dangerous but he didn't even last the full match.

Shamrock Shore

Those two Kerry frees in extra time! FFS  >:(

End was a farce. A brave Mayo effort and they have no reason not to hold head high.

yellowcard

Its a shame that Reilly will be one of the big talking points but I felt he prevented the game from being a better spectacle and never looked in control. That said the scenes at the end were shocking and no referee should have to run for cover to the dressing room. Mayo can feel hard done by on some of his decisions but overall they need to look at their own deficiencies first of all. I still think Kerry overall were the better side.

BennyCake

What time thon big Mayo eejit hope to achieve at the end there?

Wildweasel74

The Mayo free at the end of normal time wasnt a free from the look of it on TV

mrdeeds

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2014, 07:43:32 PM
Its a shame that Reilly will be one of the big talking points but I felt he prevented the game from being a better spectacle and never looked in control. That said the scenes at the end were shocking and no referee should have to run for cover to the dressing room. Mayo can feel hard done by on some of his decisions but overall they need to look at their own deficiencies first of all. I still think Kerry overall were the better side.

I would in most cases agree but the referee today reaped what he sowed. Must have a Donaghy fan club. Also Kerry should have had at least three black cards. Let double hops go and touching on ground. Disgrace.