Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 29, 2014, 08:51:03 PM
I know we (Kerry) gave ye AOS and SOS...who are the other 3 ?

There's a third O'Shea. Vaughan was born in Cork.

Jinxy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 29, 2014, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 29, 2014, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:00:58 PM
I don't get all this fuss about Lee Keegan getting off the red card. He was sent off for kicking an opponent. The ref obviously taught he kicked Buckley and he was helped come to this conclusion in real time by Walsh's carry on. To be honest I taught he had kicked him as well. The ref puts in a report stating this. It then transpires that he did not kick him. You can't have the ref coming back and saying " well actually I sent him off for an attempted kick". just because he seen a replay of the incident.

I actually commend Coldrick in this situation for reporting the incident exactly how he taught he saw it and not changing things around to make himself look good.

Genuinely, what has Walsh got to do with anything?
Coldrick wasn't 'conned' as somebody else said earlier.
Keegan didn't get off because he didn't commit a sending off offence, he got off because he was reported for the WRONG sending off offence.
It's that simple.

Jinxy, you're on fairly thin ice, theres plenty of room on this bandwagon but that kinda chat will get you fucked off it fast enough, theres no room for logic, its either all out pessimism or all out optimism, take your pick but feel free to switch between the two as suits

I have it out of my system now and I'm 100% back on the bandwagonín.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bod Mor

Here we go, the day of the big one. Safe journey to all those travelling.
Should be some game. We all haven't a clue what will happen, could be a Donegal/Kerry final, could be Donegal/Mayo, could be Dublin/Kerry, could be Dublin/Mayo, could be another draw (which would be some craic), anything can happen.
We'll have to come out of the traps roaring, no doubt about it, let us set the tone of the game. Test them with the high ball and don't be worrying about Donaghy.
Was dreaming last night that Varley started and played mighty. Ha!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

theticklemister

ballinaman

Aaron Boone

Lar Naparka

It seems the reason Keegan got his red card rescinded is because he didn't kick the hoor at all!
"Mayo GAA provided video evidence to show Keegan's petulant kick did not make contact with Buckley and therefore that description was inaccurate."
In plain and simple English, the ref erred and Keegan should not have been sent off in the first place.
For the record, I think David Coldrick is a good ref and he can't be blamed for the sending off as he acted in good faith.
In conclusion, I'd thank the Kerry team and also Cian O'Neill for acting the way they did. If they hadn't adopted a cynical approach and got Keegan sent off, Mayo would have been buried by half time.

Quotehttp://www.westernpeople.com/2014/08/29/technicality-leaves-keegan-free-to-play-on-saturday/

'TECHNICALITY' LEAVES KEEGAN FREE TO PLAY ON SATURDAY

Mayo's Lee Keegan is available to play in Saturday's All-Ireland SFC semi-final replay after his red card from last Sunday was rescinded.
Keegan saw red shortly before half-time for this very half-hearted kick out at Kerry's Johnny Buckley.
Mayo appealed the card and last night the GAA Central Hearings Committee unexpectedly upheld the appeal.
The reasoning given for the decision was that the referee described the incident in his match report as "kicking with minimal force".
Mayo GAA provided video evidence to show Keegan's petulant kick did not make contact with Buckley and therefore that description was inaccurate.
The decision has attracted a fair amount of controversy, particularly as had the referee described the foul as "attempting to kick with minimal force" the correct punishment would still have been a red card.
Mayo won't be too concerned about the logic of the decision – the wing-back's availability gives the county a major boost ahead of the crucial semi-final replay in Limerick.
As reported in today's Irish Examiner the county have requested access to the Gaelic Grounds this evening for training, to allow their freetakers and goalies practice on the surface.
Mayo representatives also measured the dinensions of the pitch earlier in the week, amid concerns Kerry have an advantage in being more familiar with the ground than the Connacht side.
Hat tip: Irish Times
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ONeill

You'd think that for such an important decision in a major game the ref would make sure he takes a bit of time checking the wording. This country.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Quote from: theticklemister on August 30, 2014, 09:16:19 AM
So are any Mayo men on their way?

"Okay...... you're beginning the approach to Claregalway..... start reducing your speed."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

The Croke Park announcer pronounced 'Balla' as 'Ballagh' last Sunday. Still raging.

Good luck to neighbours, again.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ballinaman on August 30, 2014, 09:31:16 AM
Going round 11ish....just having the dinner now.

11ish ? that leaves only 6 hours to make it to Limerick !
You're one hell of a risk taker for a Mayoman.

Itchy

Safe journey to Mayo fans on their perilous trek. Hope you all make it back.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on August 30, 2014, 11:37:30 AM

"Okay...... you're beginning the approach to Claregalway..... start reducing your speed."
From a Meath man, that's witty! ;D]
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi