Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

on the Keegan incident, can someone tell me how these things usually pan out. (Im making the assumption that a solicitor was involved in this, as most county boards need help tying their shoe laces in the morning, never mind finding loopholes in the game's rule book)

Would Mayo have brought a solicitor to the hearing to battle the committee on this?
If the disciplinary board had stuck to their guns (backing their referee), would Mayo and their legal counsel threaten court action? Is it the threat of court action that would have removed the balls from the committee?
Anyone know the craic here?

muppet

Quote from: J OGorman on August 29, 2014, 04:10:12 PM
on the Keegan incident, can someone tell me how these things usually pan out. (Im making the assumption that a solicitor was involved in this, as most county boards need help tying their shoe laces in the morning, never mind finding loopholes in the game's rule book)

Would Mayo have brought a solicitor to the hearing to battle the committee on this?
If the disciplinary board had stuck to their guns (backing their referee), would Mayo and their legal counsel threaten court action? Is it the threat of court action that would have removed the balls from the committee?
Anyone know the craic here?

I don't know what happened in this case, but what you described has probably happened in the recent past. I think the committee now has some legal eagles on it.

In the past though.....

I know a man who went to one of these with a senior Mayo player (let's call him David) who was trying to get a red card overturned. The committee was fairly elderly, amiable and didn't seem to be aware of the agenda. They led the discussion by asking many questions on the well-being and likely return to action of Ciarán McDonald. Our delegation went along with this, delighted that it wasn't a tense meeting. After a while, one of our lot politely brought up the red card, one man on the committee said ah sure don't be worrying about that, it's grand. And they all parted ways happy.
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hardy on August 29, 2014, 02:51:36 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 29, 2014, 02:45:17 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 29, 2014, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:00:58 PM
I don't get all this fuss about Lee Keegan getting off the red card. He was sent off for kicking an opponent. The ref obviously taught he kicked Buckley and he was helped come to this conclusion in real time by Walsh's carry on. To be honest I taught he had kicked him as well. The ref puts in a report stating this. It then transpires that he did not kick him. You can't have the ref coming back and saying " well actually I sent him off for an attempted kick". just because he seen a replay of the incident.

I actually commend Coldrick in this situation for reporting the incident exactly how he taught he saw it and not changing things around to make himself look good.

Genuinely, what has Walsh got to do with anything?
Coldrick wasn't 'conned' as somebody else said earlier.
Keegan didn't get off because he didn't commit a sending off offence, he got off because he was reported for the WRONG sending off offence.
It's that simple.
Bejaysus, Jinxy, I never met a Meath man yet who needed facts to start a row.

Wtf are you meowdering about, ya smelly bowsy?
I have a strong affinity for Meath so I know what I'm talking about.
I spent many happy years there and I found plenty who were even better than my good self when it came to shit stirring.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 29, 2014, 03:40:30 PM
Dont forget Mayo Buckos

Squire old chap, your picture is as big as your mouth.
Both could do with a bit of downsizing.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mike Sheehy

On behalf of my fellow Munstermen I would like to welcome Mayo to Irelands finest and the most successful sporting province. We hope that you enjoy your stay and that your epic, epic journey is not too taxing.

macdanger2

Possession stats from last week was 55 / 45 in favour of Kerry.

If you were given that stat in advance of the game you'd have expected a big win for kerry seeing as they are generally considered to have a much better forward line.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 29, 2014, 08:04:33 PM

If you were given that stat in advance of the game you'd have expected a big win for kerry seeing as they are generally considered to have a much better forward line.

A more pertinent question is why you need affirmation of Mayo's superiority ?

Syferus

They are? JOD, a half-crocked DOS on the bench, Donie Buckley playing at CHF because of need? The Geanys, Walsh, O'Brien are decent but let's be fair - they are hardly much better than anyone Mayo has. Give me Dillon or Andy in their current form over any of them. I'd also say COC offers more as a main forward than JOD has. Better player overall IMHO.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Syferus on August 29, 2014, 08:10:26 PM

They are? JOD, a half-crocked DOS on the bench, Donie Buckley playing at CHF because of need? The Geanys, Walsh, O'Brien are decent but let's be fair - they are hardly much better than anyone Mayo has. Give me Dillon or Andy in their current form over any of them. I'd also say COC offers more as a main forward than JOD has. Better player overall IMHO.

::) ::) ::)

Syferus

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 29, 2014, 08:14:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 29, 2014, 08:10:26 PM

::) ::) ::)

Close enough.

macdanger2

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 29, 2014, 08:09:32 PM

A more pertinent question is why you need affirmation of Mayo's superiority ?

A more pertinent question?? I didn't realise I had asked a question Mike!! Thanks for answering though  ;D

highorlow

Mike,  thanks for the warm welcome. Our own five Munster lads will return the compliment themselves at 5 tomorrow.  ;)
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mike Sheehy

I know we (Kerry) gave ye AOS and SOS...who are the other 3 ?

Mike Sheehy