Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Horan should give Mickey Harte a call about how his defence can put Donaghy in their pockets for this one ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Sidney on August 29, 2014, 08:55:56 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 29, 2014, 08:51:47 AM
Enough of the whinging Sidney, the decision won't change, i think we should just get on with the game. 8)
No whinging. Dublin have been the beneficiaries of this type of thing before.

I'm just trying to state the facts here.

Somebody needs to do it.

Cluxton got a red card and ban for the same style of incident in the league against Mayo...........................

Anyways Im happy Keegan got off, no excuses now.............................................interesting that the linesman who saw the incident is the ref on saturday  ;D

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ballinaman on August 29, 2014, 12:44:31 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 29, 2014, 12:40:26 PM
Listening to all this guff during the week and , especially, what is being said about them I'd say the lads will be fairly fired up for this one now.
True...how will the Kerry lads be feeling?

Indignant at the interference of Enda Kenny and the Mayo mafia. That's how they will be feeling.

This famine must end.

"We shall overcome, we shall overcome some day-y-ay-y-aaay"

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 29, 2014, 12:49:30 PM
Listening to all this guff during the week and , especially, what is being said about them I'd say the lads will be fairly fired up for this one now.

I'd say the Kerry lads were livid about some of the comments on here alright, apparently it was the only topic of conversation during training all week

They said you, in particular, really hurt their feelings.

criostlinn

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 29, 2014, 12:53:32 PM
Enough of the whinging Sidney, the decision won't change, i think we should just get on with the game. 8)

Somebody needs to do it.

Cluxton got a red card and ban for the same style of incident in the league against Mayo...........................

Anyways Im happy Keegan got off, no excuses now.............................................interesting that the linesman who saw the incident is the ref on saturday  ;D

Em. No. Cluxton kicked McLoughlin did he not.

ballinaman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 29, 2014, 12:59:15 PM

I'd say the Kerry lads were livid about some of the comments on here alright, apparently it was the only topic of conversation during training all week

Whinging were they? FFS

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:59:58 PM

Somebody needs to do it.

Coldrick held Cluxton and delayed his kickout, hence the kick and dramatic dive from Coldrick, frustration, same as Keegan..................................Im glad hes off, dont be so bloody moronic

sans pessimism

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 29, 2014, 01:04:06 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:59:58 PM

Somebody needs to do it.

Coldrick held Cluxton and delayed his kickout, hence the kick and dramatic dive from Coldrick, frustration, same as Keegan..................................Im glad hes off, dont be so bloody moronic
Ya!-that Coldrick is some tr**p!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

muppet

[Intro]
One, two, three, uh!

[Verse One - Andre 3000]
Bah Kerry don't mess around
with feckin' social meeja
And this I know for sure.
Uh, But we really wanna
Bate the Mayo Mullockers
As bad as Cork cute hoors.
Don't try to fight the feelin'
'Cause the thought alone is killing me right now..
Uh, Thank god for Star and Dec
For sticking two together
'Cause we don't know how...
UH!

[Chorus:]
Yer... ra.
Yer ra
Yer... ra.
Yer ra.
Yer...ra.
Yer ra.
Yer... ra.
Yer ra.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:00:58 PM
I don't get all this fuss about Lee Keegan getting off the red card. He was sent off for kicking an opponent. The ref obviously taught he kicked Buckley and he was helped come to this conclusion in real time by Walsh's carry on. To be honest I taught he had kicked him as well. The ref puts in a report stating this. It then transpires that he did not kick him. You can't have the ref coming back and saying " well actually I sent him off for an attempted kick". just because he seen a replay of the incident.

I actually commend Coldrick in this situation for reporting the incident exactly how he taught he saw it and not changing things around to make himself look good.

Genuinely, what has Walsh got to do with anything?
Coldrick wasn't 'conned' as somebody else said earlier.
Keegan didn't get off because he didn't commit a sending off offence, he got off because he was reported for the WRONG sending off offence.
It's that simple.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

Quote from: Jinxy on August 29, 2014, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:00:58 PM
I don't get all this fuss about Lee Keegan getting off the red card. He was sent off for kicking an opponent. The ref obviously taught he kicked Buckley and he was helped come to this conclusion in real time by Walsh's carry on. To be honest I taught he had kicked him as well. The ref puts in a report stating this. It then transpires that he did not kick him. You can't have the ref coming back and saying " well actually I sent him off for an attempted kick". just because he seen a replay of the incident.

I actually commend Coldrick in this situation for reporting the incident exactly how he taught he saw it and not changing things around to make himself look good.

Genuinely, what has Walsh got to do with anything?
Coldrick wasn't 'conned' as somebody else said earlier.
Keegan didn't get off because he didn't commit a sending off offence, he got off because he was reported for the WRONG sending off offence.
It's that simple.

Also it's good to see the ignorance of the black card is alive and well. Yes AOS was fouled a lot but unless he was DELIBERATELY tripped or PULLED to the ground then none of the offences warranted a black card. If the same fella fouled him 3 times he should have gotten a yellow card maybe!

Sidney

Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:37:58 PM
  It can be debated all night long whether he attempted to kick him or not.
An involuntary leg spasm, perhaps?

macdanger2

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 29, 2014, 12:59:15 PM

Tell them to come up to Mayo next weekend for their holidays to show there's no hard feelings. They can go salmon fishing on the moy and maybe out to Westport for a few pints, there'll surely be a few hen parties in town for the weekend!

rosnarun

Gaa.ie
MAYO (SF v Kerry):
Robert Hennelly;
Tom Cunniffe, Ger Cafferkey, Keith Higgins;
Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Donal Vaughan;
Jason Gibbons, Seamus O'Shea;
Kevin McLoughlin, Aidan O'Shea, Jason Doherty;
Cillian O'Connor, Alan Freeman, Alan Dillon.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on August 29, 2014, 01:49:02 PM
Gaa.ie
MAYO (SF v Kerry):
Robert Hennelly;
Tom Cunniffe, Ger Cafferkey, Keith Higgins;
Lee Keegan, Colm Boyle, Donal Vaughan;
Jason Gibbons, Seamus O'Shea;
Kevin McLoughlin, Aidan O'Shea, Jason Doherty;
Cillian O'Connor, Alan Freeman, Alan Dillon.

That's as we started the last day.

We will definitely start with that team.
MWWSI 2017