Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2014, 11:05:52 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2014, 10:13:45 PM
Coldrick hung out to dry.
Who'd be a ref.

Indeed. But I m sure Coldrick would have looked at video before he wrote his report. Technically it could be but I m convinced Coldrick was influenced by Walsh s exaggerated tantrum which was as coreographed as you could not hope to see. I suspect Coldrick is relieved that Mayo got draw and Keegan is available to play. The appeal shows that he got it wrong - he was conned.

This is a big swing to Mayo - maybe.

Kerry tried to get him sent off and succeeded. But we survived and know he s back and motivated. We d have been motivated if he was missing but now that our year nearly ended because he was cynically targeted it will motivate the team to get stuck in.

Is this Lee Keegan or Nelson Mandela we are talking about? ;D

Tubberman

Seems Keegan got off on a technicality - Coldrick's report said it was for kick with minimal force. But since the kick never connected, it should have been for attempted kick with minimal force...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mayo-s-lee-keegan-cleared-to-line-out-in-semi-final-replay-with-kerry-1.1911292
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

highorlow

He got off because he didnt break any rules. There was no strike. If his leg lift was an attempt to strike then matchs would be left with no players on the field before they finish. End of story.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ballinaman on August 28, 2014, 11:04:56 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 28, 2014, 11:01:07 PM
As I said before I'm really looking forward to watching the replay. Despite being a bit sick of the complaining over venue by some supporters and ministers etc I'd love to see mayo win and go on to win the all Ireland.

They put a huge amount of effort into the second half on Sunday and need to play at a high intensity for longer spells to win this weekend. There game relies on high energy levels and good support play. Delighted Keenan is free to play as harshly got the line. I'd be a we bit worried if win this weekend they could fall short again but no point worrying about that yet.

As for Kerry they deserve huge credit for their displays the last 2 years. They've been written off and lack the big names of previous teams. Sometimes it can be hard for a county to compete after a successful team finishes but they've stuck at it and new guys have stepped up.
The guff about the venue has come a vocal minority, as usual. Anyone I know doesn't give 2 shites.

In fairness the hardcore supporters will generally get on with it and just be glad to have the game to go. The ones shouting the loudest are usually people looking an excuse not to go.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tubberman on August 28, 2014, 11:14:43 PM
Seems Keegan got off on a technicality - Coldrick's report said it was for kick with minimal force. But since the kick never connected, it should have been for attempted kick with minimal force...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mayo-s-lee-keegan-cleared-to-line-out-in-semi-final-replay-with-kerry-1.1911292

So Coldrick basically got his wording incorrect in his report but both offences are red card offences. But because he got his wording wrong...

J OGorman

Quote from: highorlow on August 28, 2014, 11:16:47 PM
He got off because he didnt break any rules. There was no strike. If his leg lift was an attempt to strike then matchs would be left with no players on the field before they finish. End of story.

End of story is you don't know the rules

Jinxy

.... which is also a red card offence.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 28, 2014, 11:20:37 PM

So Coldrick basically got his wording incorrect in his report but both offences are red card offences. But because he got his wording wrong...

That's what I was thinking - it seems very pedantic to me. I'm glad he's playing as he is a class act but the the sooner the GAA rewrite their whole rule book with the help of legal experts and close all the loop holes and technicalities the better. A red card shouldn't be rescinded because the ref wrote the wrong words in his report.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2014, 11:23:53 PM

.... which is also a red card offence.

Fierce objective of ya, Jinxy.

Ye must be fairly chuffed to get the Westport man back for the big match all the same, though?

highorlow

Coldrick should resign with immediate effect.

He saw something on the field that 50k odd people in croker didnt.

Thats either total stupidity or complete pre-determined bias against us.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J OGorman

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 28, 2014, 11:26:22 PM

That's what I was thinking - it seems very pedantic to me. I'm glad he's playing as he is a class act but the the sooner the GAA rewrite their whole rule book with the help of legal experts and close all the loop holes and technicalities the better. A red card shouldn't be rescinded because the ref wrote the wrong words in his report.

Or should our amatuer refs have a solicitor go through their match reports before they go in? Save any of this nonsense of counties employing the services of hiring solicitors and not taking their oil. Quare kick in the hole for refs

moysider

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 28, 2014, 11:09:20 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2014, 11:05:52 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2014, 10:13:45 PM
Coldrick hung out to dry.
Who'd be a ref.

Indeed. But I m sure Coldrick would have looked at video before he wrote his report. Technically it could be but I m convinced Coldrick was influenced by Walsh s exaggerated tantrum which was as coreographed as you could not hope to see. I suspect Coldrick is relieved that Mayo got draw and Keegan is available to play. The appeal shows that he got it wrong - he was conned.

This is a big swing to Mayo - maybe.

Kerry tried to get him sent off and succeeded. But we survived and know he s back and motivated. We d have been motivated if he was missing but now that our year nearly ended because he was cynically targeted it will motivate the team to get stuck in.

Is this Lee Keegan or Nelson Mandela we are talking about? ;D

The which?

Sidney

Quote from: highorlow on August 28, 2014, 11:34:33 PM
Coldrick should resign with immediate effect.

He saw something on the field that 50k odd people in croker didnt.

Thats either total stupidity or complete pre-determined bias against us.
Those 50,000 people are definitely all odd if they couldn't see what Coldrick and everybody else who saw the incident saw.

moysider

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 28, 2014, 11:26:22 PM

I just don't get this.
Coldrick is a top ref. I very much doubt he s illiterate!

You can be sure he watched the video spot the incident before  wording his report. He would have been embarrassed by being conned by Walsh s camp Larry Grayson dancing impression. Imo Colderick deliberately left a loophole because he knew he was duped. Doubt the ref be giving Donnacha Walsh anything the next day after that con job. Colderick knew exactly what he was writing and probably the most relieved man about that Keegan can play.