Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Did Donaghy throw the ball for O'Donoghue's goal?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Personally I think the Mayo fans are looking at this all wrong.
Treat it like a bit of an adventure.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 25, 2014, 11:12:35 PM

It will certainly be an adventure.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 25, 2014, 11:03:09 PM
I think limerick is a grand venue. It could be in worse places. If ye could delay the throw in that would be great because it'll give me a bit more time to get from croker after the game to a pub to watch it.

+1. Limerick is the perfect venue for anybody living in Leinster or Munster. The only places it doesn t suit is Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim, Donegal and most Ulster counties.

INDIANA

Quote from: Msgr. Horan on August 25, 2014, 10:01:49 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 25, 2014, 09:21:38 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 25, 2014, 08:10:44 PM
Moran i think.

Milton from the cccccc was on newstalk bullshitting about the fixtures. His excuse for not going ahead in a fortnight was in case that match was a draw which would leave a week rest for the winners before the final. Of course the dopes never stated the obvious solution which woukd be to push back the final date in that circumstance. The newstalk lads went easy enough on him. They must be afraid he wont reappear on their show if they cross examined him correctly. Then again parkinson is so in love with himself id say he forgets whats going on.

Both teams knew the state of play in the event of a draw beforehand. Horan to me complains about everything.

One should do a time analysis how much time his players waste during the game.
Off you go then, analyse away. Did you listen to what he said? bizarre decision he said and it is. He said it once, the Mayo county board objected, objection rejected and the Mayo CB then issued a statement saying they didnt agree with the statement but would accept it. That was all done and dusted last night. Since then there hasnt been a word out of James Horan or the team, as one would expect. Mayo people are complaining but who the f*ck would blame us? Kerry would be too if it didnt suit them. If Pearse Stadium was certified for its 2011 attendance number and the game was there, do you think Eamon Fitzmaurice and the Kerry county board wouldnt be complaining?
The least the brains trust could have come up with was to put it in Semple Stadium. Completely neutral for both teams, bigger capacity and a reasonable distance from both counties. Saying Limerick is neutral is like one of those supposed neutral French venues that Irish teams have to play Heineken Cup semi finals in against French opposition.
All this debacle needs now is for one of the teams to lose because of a point that was waved wide which the TV shows after was a point.
I predict that game will be delayed 15 minutes because of crowd congestion, its a pain of the arse of a place to get into when full or nearly full, which it rarely is because there are never any significant games there. This will probably help pay off the mortgage while the dollars role in up in Dublin.
Winner winner chicken dinner for O'Neill. Although more chicken dinners are the last thing the fat f*cker needs

Mayo are a significantly bigger and better conditioned unit then Kerry. The Gaelic Grounds  is 8m shorter and 6m narrower. Perfect for the power game.

So let go the emotion and look at things properly. If you did you might actually actually win that AI. Kerry have played 2 championship games in Limerick in 10 years. Hardly a home venue

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2014, 11:14:03 PM

Jeez muppet. I understand the disappointment of it not being in Croke park, but ye are going on like limerick is in a different country. It's not that bad.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 25, 2014, 11:15:41 PM

Jeez muppet. I understand the disappointment of it not being in Croke park, but ye are going on like limerick is in a different country. It's not that bad.
I'm looking forward to it and the game.
We've lots to build on but so do Kerry. It'll be fascinating and down to the wire again.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 25, 2014, 11:15:41 PM

I will be fine. I may even make a night out of it.  ;D

But then I won't be one of the ones driving from Mayo.
MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: moysider on August 25, 2014, 11:02:36 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 25, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
It wouldn't take that long. Just look at some of the cork Kerry threads from a years ago for example. There's been other Kerry games too where there's been complaints given the crowd and travel distance. Also I'm sure people where saying croke park wasn't best place for this years quarter finals.

Limerick is closer to both counties and will accommodate the crowd. What's the big issue?

. Thurles or even Kilkenny would probably be handier.

I've been in Thurles many many times watching the hurlers and I doubt you would find anyone in Galway that prefers going there than to Limerick. There is a motorway down to virtually the gates of the Gaelic grounds. The road to Thurles coming from Galway direction is diabolical.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 25, 2014, 11:16:51 PM
I still think we let it slip :(
We better start looking for final tickets so. Heard the Dubs will be tough to beat..

AZOffaly

Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 11:19:17 PM
We better start looking for final tickets so. Heard the Dubs will be tough to beat..
Try get them down to limerick.

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 25, 2014, 11:20:22 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 11:19:17 PM
Try get them down to limerick.
Great shout..I'll start making calls tomorrow.

Jinxy

Just make sure you are out of there before nightfall and you'll be grand.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 25, 2014, 11:26:00 PM

Just make sure you are out of there before nightfall and you'll be grand.

I had many a good nightfall in Limerick. It's the sunrise that was the problem.
MWWSI 2017