Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Anyone notice a dodgy point by kerry mid-way thru 2nd half? Hawkeye wasnt called upon.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

Moran i think.

Milton from the cccccc was on newstalk bullshitting about the fixtures. His excuse for not going ahead in a fortnight was in case that match was a draw which would leave a week rest for the winners before the final. Of course the dopes never stated the obvious solution which woukd be to push back the final date in that circumstance. The newstalk lads went easy enough on him. They must be afraid he wont reappear on their show if they cross examined him correctly. Then again parkinson is so in love with himself id say he forgets whats going on.

muppet

Quote from: highorlow on August 25, 2014, 08:10:44 PM
Moran i think.

Milton from the cccccc was on newstalk bullshitting about the fixtures. His excuse for not going ahead in a fortnight was in case that match was a draw which would leave a week rest for the winners before the final. Of course the dopes never stated the obvious solution which woukd be to push back the final date in that circumstance. The newstalk lads went easy enough on him. They must be afraid he wont reappear on their show if they cross examined him correctly. Then again parkinson is so in love with himself id say he forgets whats going on.

Eh....isn't any Donegal v Dublin replay pencilled in for that date?
MWWSI 2017

Red

Is there a reason I'm missing that in the event Dublin and Donegal draw the Kerry/Mayo replay couldn't be played on the same day - one at 2pm and one at 7pm?
Should allow time for the ground to be cleared prior to second game? 

highorlow

Yes on the sat i meant. I think the newstalk lads did say that if dublin donegal has a double draw then you still have a fixture pileup. Anyhow i hope we play better down there than we did the last time in the region. I remember we just got past tipp in ennis years back.

Fair play to the lads yesterday they were magic. We should haver  the extra fitness reserves to conquer the quick turnaround. Looking forward to hitting a few old haunts in limerick like mickey martins, the locke and buddies.

Sidney

Moran i think.

So obvious that it would destroy the travel plans of thousands of people coming from abroad. You don't move the date of a final of a major sporting competition at such short notice. The GAA did this in 1985 and it was a major mistake.

heffo

Moran i think.

He's head of media relations not a voluntary member of CCCC

Why would you postpone the final when lots of people already have flights booked home for it?

muppet

Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2014, 09:18:09 PM
Moran i think.

Why would you postpone the final when lots of people already have flights booked home for it?

Are the Dubs that confident?  ;)
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Moran i think.

Both teams knew the state of play in the event of a draw beforehand. Horan to me complains about everything.

One should do a time analysis how much time his players waste during the game.

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on August 25, 2014, 09:21:38 PM
Moran i think.

Both teams knew the state of play in the event of a draw beforehand. Horan to me complains about everything.

Just because someone tells you they are going to punch you in the face, doesn't make it right when they do. I'm sure neither team where really thinking about the draw until it happened. The fact remains that it's a monumental fcuk up to schedule an American Football game for the date that is pencilled in for a potential AI semi final. All Ireland semi finals should be in Croke Park, games like this is what the stadium was built for ffs.
That was never a square ball!!

heffo

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2014, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2014, 09:18:09 PM
Moran i think.

Are the Dubs that confident?  ;)

All the Mayo builders from Queens & Southie have the flights full!

Sure everyone knows the Dubs don't need to emigrate

Redhand Santa

For years I've heard people given out on message boards about all quarter and semis being in croke park. The following reasons were given:
Further away for counties to travel therefore costing more on diesel
Dublin is a dearer day out
Lack of atmosphere in a half full stadium
Not using other good stadiums that are closer to the counties and get no big games

Now we have a case where a game that would only attract around 40,000 has been brought to a stadium closer to both counties with a packed stadium creating a great atmosphere and everyone is going mad about it. Both counties supporters should be embracing a great day out and another shot at an all Ireland final.

It's typical gaa that one of the best sporting encounters of the year has been subject to more negative coverage over something stupid than the game. I for one can't wait for the replay and it being in limerick creates something new and exciting.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 25, 2014, 09:50:44 PM
For years I've heard people given out on message boards about all quarter and semis being in croke park. The following reasons were given:
Further away for counties to travel therefore costing more on diesel
Dublin is a dearer day out
Lack of atmosphere in a half full stadium
Not using other good stadiums that are closer to the counties and get no big games

Now we have a case where a game that would only attract around 40,000 has been brought to a stadium closer to both counties with a packed stadium creating a great atmosphere and everyone is going mad about it. Both counties supporters should be embracing a great day out and another shot at an all Ireland final.

It's typical gaa that one of the best sporting encounters of the year has been subject to more negative coverage over something stupid than the game. I for one can't wait for the replay and it being in limerick creates something new and exciting.

All the negative comments could easily have been avoided if the powers at be in Croke Park had displayed a bit of foresight in their planning. By the way, throw up a few examples there of posts where people complained about AI semi finals being played at Croke Park.
That was never a square ball!!

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 25, 2014, 09:21:38 PM
Moran i think.

Off you go then, analyse away. Did you listen to what he said? bizarre decision he said and it is. He said it once, the Mayo county board objected, objection rejected and the Mayo CB then issued a statement saying they didnt agree with the statement but would accept it. That was all done and dusted last night. Since then there hasnt been a word out of James Horan or the team, as one would expect. Mayo people are complaining but who the f*ck would blame us? Kerry would be too if it didnt suit them. If Pearse Stadium was certified for its 2011 attendance number and the game was there, do you think Eamon Fitzmaurice and the Kerry county board wouldnt be complaining?
The least the brains trust could have come up with was to put it in Semple Stadium. Completely neutral for both teams, bigger capacity and a reasonable distance from both counties. Saying Limerick is neutral is like one of those supposed neutral French venues that Irish teams have to play Heineken Cup semi finals in against French opposition.
All this debacle needs now is for one of the teams to lose because of a point that was waved wide which the TV shows after was a point.
I predict that game will be delayed 15 minutes because of crowd congestion, its a pain of the arse of a place to get into when full or nearly full, which it rarely is because there are never any significant games there. This will probably help pay off the mortgage while the dollars role in up in Dublin.
Winner winner chicken dinner for O'Neill. Although more chicken dinners are the last thing the fat f*cker needs

Redhand Santa

It wouldn't take that long. Just look at some of the cork Kerry threads from a years ago for example. There's been other Kerry games too where there's been complaints given the crowd and travel distance. Also I'm sure people where saying croke park wasn't best place for this years quarter finals.

Limerick is closer to both counties and will accommodate the crowd. What's the big issue?