Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

i don't see why extra time couldn't be played and if level after that, then go to a replay.The introduction of extra time was precisely in response to avoid for all the angst that happens when a drawn game automatically goes to a replay. Going automatically to a replay (imo) is primarily financially motivated, a scam of sorts to milk the fans just a bit more.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on August 25, 2014, 10:03:42 PM
i don't see why extra time couldn't be played and if level after that, then go to a replay.The introduction of extra time was precisely in response to avoid for all the angst that happens when a drawn game automatically goes to a replay. Going automatically to a replay (imo) is primarily financially motivated, a scam of sorts to milk the fans just a bit more.
I agree. Especially if the replay is on somewhere than Croker.

muppet

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 25, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
It wouldn't take that long. Just look at some of the cork Kerry threads from a years ago for example. There's been other Kerry games too where there's been complaints given the crowd and travel distance. Also I'm sure people where saying croke park wasn't best place for this years quarter finals.

Limerick is closer to both counties and will accommodate the crowd. What's the big issue?

The problem is we don't want to travel to Limerick.

Is that ok with you?
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

As much as I love Mayo, Aidan O'Shea is starting to irk me.

Remember the embarrassing play-acting in the semi last year. This year the imaginary card waving. He'll be biting people next and wearing sarongs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2014, 10:07:24 PM
It wouldn't take that long. Just look at some of the cork Kerry threads from a years ago for example. There's been other Kerry games too where there's been complaints given the crowd and travel distance. Also I'm sure people where saying croke park wasn't best place for this years quarter finals.

Limerick is closer to both counties and will accommodate the crowd. What's the big issue?

Is that ok with you?

Where are you prepared to travel to? Clones?

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 25, 2014, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2014, 10:07:24 PM

Is that ok with you?

Where are you prepared to travel to? Clones?

For a match against Kerry?

Croke Park is where we play All-Ireland semi-finals in the Gaa.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

3 lads hanging out of him all game is equally annoying for the mayo supporter ONeill..

Re: Gaelic grounds....absolute kip. Was at Munster hurling final last year. Traffic jams in Claregalway and Clarinbridge will be atrocious.

I'm going to West terrace/Clare end, slightly easier from the Ennis road. The stand is a kip, rake is terrible, not steep at all. View is awful.

Chimley

There is unreal demand in Mayo for tickets already. Add in the fact that Limerick is far more accessible for the Kerry crowd means that demand could well exceed supply. Add in also that no seated tickets have gone on sale so tough luck if  you're bringing a child or for elderly patrons.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 10:12:31 PM
3 lads hanging out of him all game is equally annoying for the mayo supporter ONeill..

Re: Gaelic grounds....absolute kip. Was at Munster hurling final last year. Traffic jams in Claregalway and Clarinbridge will be atrocious.

I'm going to West terrace/Clare end, slightly easier from the Ennis road. The stand is a kip, rake is terrible, not steep at all. View is awful.

Always found the Gaelic Grounds a grand stadium to get to coming from Galway direction. Located just off the motorway on the north of the city. Plenty of places to park. Can be back in the car and up the motorway again in no time.

Far prefer it to driving to Thurles anyway. Crap roads there and back and traffic jams in and out.

Lar Naparka

I caught the tail-end of an interview with Tomás Ó'Sé on some TV channel or other this evening. Tomas wasn't happy with the selection of Limerick for the replay either and he said most Kerry people felt the same way but he finished off by saying that nothing could be done about it; there was a game to be played and that had to be the main consideration at this stage.
Fair play to him, there's nothing to be gained by bitching about the venue now. 
From a Mayo point of view, I'm a bit concerned that any grousing at this stage may interfere with the team's preparations. I think every Mayo fan on this board and everywhere else should shut up about the venue and get behind the lads to the exclusion of everything else.
It's Limerick so frig the begrudgers, I'll be there and if we get the right result, the venue that was  used won't matter one little bit.
We had a superb match on Sunday and I expect a classic on Saturday next. Mayo will need 100% effort and above all else, total concentration from beginning to end to prevail.
Let's get behind the team, concentrate on the positives and with a bit of luck, we'll have Leroy where he belongs- centre stage in Croke Park on the 21st of September.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

macdanger2

Couple of big decisions for Horan for Saturday,

Who replaces Keegan? Barrett is the obvious choice, mchale might be another option, feeney unlikely

Who plays MF with sos? Gibbons, Parsons or Barry?

Who starts FF? Andy or freeman?

For me it'd be Barrett, Barry & freeman

ONeill

Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 10:12:31 PM

Yea but sure our Sean is the same but you wouldn't find him at that stuff.

Mayo need to cut out the card waving.

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 25, 2014, 11:00:06 PM
Couple of big decisions for Horan for Saturday,

Who replaces Keegan? Barrett is the obvious choice, mchale might be another option, feeney unlikely

Who plays MF with sos? Gibbons, Parsons or Barry?

Who starts FF? Andy or freeman?

For me it'd be Barrett, Barry & freeman

I'd go for Richie, Barry and Freeman.

But I would guess JH will go for Barrett, Parsons and Freeman.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Joking right? You have to be.

I spent 6 miles on road last Sunday. Next Sat. it could be anywhere between 8-10. Limerick is probably more accessible from Belfast than Ballina and defo Belmullet! We re not crows. This is not about straight line distance. Crows don t have to fly through Tuam,  Claregalway,  and Claranbridge. These places are 'mares at the best of times. The roads are cat and the only way is drive. There are no trains. There s skeletons of men found sitting in cars in these towns regularly because of delays!

I m trying to decide to go by boat or car  >: (The problem is not the venue ( although the pitch looked rough last night. Wonder will the goals re-sodded for this - they were just dirt). The location for us is a nightmare. Thurles or even Kilkenny would probably be handier.

AZOffaly

I think limerick is a grand venue. It could be in worse places. If ye could delay the throw in that would be great because it'll give me a bit more time to get from croker after the game to a pub to watch it.