Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Unbelievable balls from that team, testicular fortitude in abundance.

Boyler hopping off JOD when he wouldn't give the ball back was a personal highlight, he'll be feeling that one for a few days...

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on August 24, 2014, 07:05:04 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2014, 06:45:30 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 24, 2014, 06:29:20 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 24, 2014, 06:19:00 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 24, 2014, 06:15:19 PM
In 1983 Pairc Ui Chaoimh got the All-Ireland semi-final replay and there was huge controversy over that. It was one of the greatest ever GAA occasions.

The Croke Park match experience has gone stale for regular match-goers. Next Saturday will be a 49,000 full house in the open air, beer, craic, and hopefully, if the sun shines, it'll be one of the greatest atmospheres we've seen for years.

Perhaps, although Kerry will have played there much more often than Mayo.
Of course, in the discussion about American football and so on the real reason for the game being in Limerick is that the precious Dubs couldn't be asked to leave Croke Park in the event of the a replay, they always play at home, so a move to the following Saturday is out.

Its posts like that that make me buy a packet of Hamlet cigars on all ireland final evening

Smoking isn't healthy and makes you smell disgusting.
Smoking isn't healthy, is cool and makes it easier to get talking to interesting people. Interesting people are generally smokers.
Show me the stats Sidney. I can't believe that.
Fag companies sell fags as cool but I believe the correlation with fascinating conversation is low. 
I often pass by people huddled outside office side entrances and have never noticed their allure.

Mac2

Quote from: Sidney on August 24, 2014, 11:07:26 PM
GAA fixture scheduling/logistics etc is gas. Everybody moans about something.

"It's a joke that players train for six months for one match."

"The back door has ruined the club scene."

"It's a joke that players are told to wait around for six weeks after losing in their provincial championship for a match they don't want to play anyway."

"Dublin need to be taken out of Croke Park. It's completely unfair that they get a home venue for every match."

"Dublin cannot be taken out of Croke Park as the GAA would be neglecting its membership by not maximising its revenue."

"This Tommy Murphy Cup is a farce. Nobody cares about it."

"It's a disgrace that the GAA haven't come up with a meaningful All-Ireland B competition."

"It's a disgrace that the provincial finalists are out again six days after losing."

"It's a joke that the provincial champions have to wait five weeks for their semi-final."

"It's a farce that the Railway Cup is still being played. Nobody cares about it."

"The GAA should hang their heads in shame for the way they've neglected the Railway Cup. This is a competition players want to play in."

"It's ridiculous bringing Kerry and Mayo all the way up to Croke Park for a match that will only attract 25,000."

"It's an insult to Kerry and Mayo bringing them down to Limerick."

"It's ridiculous that dual players are being penalised for playing both hurling and football. These are amateur players and they should be allowed play what they want."

"It's a farce in this day and age that players are trying to play two games at the top level."

"It's a disgrace the way club players are treated in this county."

"It's joke the way the county manager is being messed around by scheduling club fixtures before a championship match."

"It''s a joke that the county championships are put back until September."

"It's not good enough that players aren't allowed play for their country in the International Rules because of a clash with club matches."

"It's a disgrace that a mickey mouse game in International Rules is interfering with club finals."

"It's not good enough that the club championships drag on until St. Patrick's Day, disrupting counties' league campaigns."

"It's terrible that club players will be robbed of the St. Patrick's Day showpiece. Our national finals should be on our national day."

"It's a disgrace that there aren't 10 more weeks in the year. Fooking nature."

As funny as f**king ebola as usual, you think it's acceptable that the penultimate matches of the AIF should be played outside Croke Park.

Sidney

Quote from: Mac2 on August 24, 2014, 11:20:23 PM

As funny as f**king ebola as usual, you think it's acceptable that the penultimate matches of the AIF should be played outside Croke Park.
Stick to Michael McIntyre, mate.

orangeman

Kerry in 2nd half didn't seem to know what to do with the extra man. The Kerry keeper kept booming it up the middle. Mayo had a man less and were still able to go short - Much is made of tactical nous of the Kerry team. It wasn't very apparent today.

Mac2

You're the one trying to model yourself on inane comedians with your moronic posts, tool.

Sidney

Quote from: Mac2 on August 24, 2014, 11:28:06 PM
You're the one trying to model yourself on inane comedians with your moronic posts, tool.
Nobody could be as inane as you, mate.

Mac2

Quote from: Sidney on August 24, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
Your use of 'mate' just says it all.

Sidney

Quote from: Mac2 on August 24, 2014, 11:33:17 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 24, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
Your use of 'mate' just says it all.
I'm just finishing up my last can here of wifebeater here actually. Where are heading for the big match tomorrow night? Fancy a few pints and then a scrap outside a chipper afterwards?

Goin Down

GAAs provisional Fixture list 2014: http://www.crokepark.ie/CrokePark/files/51/51873bbb-ec84-42e0-8134-5da4fbb452d7.pdf

Fixture List for 2014 as printed in the Irish Independent end of 2013: http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-fixtures-2014-29796965.html

Both suggest a replay for either semi final would take place Sept 6th, presumably in Croke Park. They also accomodate for the Croke Park Classic. Wonder where did they change the original plan?  ::)

Remember This.

sligoman2

After watching a brilliant game I have to say its sad to see so much negativity from gaa fans.  The replay is in limerick and that's it, end of story- both teams knew this before the game today ( I think). 

Why can't we celebrate a great game with huge passion and commitment from both sides and look forward to a full house and an intriguing replay instead of resorting to narrow minded comments about American football and player abuse.  For me, the best part of today's game was that tactics went out the window and passion, commitment and pride took over in the last 15 minutes.

Fair play to both teams on a brilliant second half- fair play to mayo on overcoming a 4 point deficit at half time to lead by 5 with 4 minutes to go and fair play to Kerry for clawing their way back and almost winning.  The glass is half full, let's keep it that way and congratulate both teams on bringing the passion and excitement to a season that was pretty dull up to now to be honest.  It should be a cracker in Limerick next week and I don't give a Shute how far it is from anywhere, it will be a full house with a great atmosphere and this is what the championship desperately needed.

Well done to both teams today and congrats to New York ladies on qualifying for the junior final after a convincing win over Derry today
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ballinaman

Gaelic grounds pitch didn't look hectic on the Sunday game highlights of the camoige.....

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

INDIANA

Mayo are a better team then Kerry. Venue shouldn't matter.

Epic game from both sides today. Huge respect for Mayo's second half comeback. Bottle isn't an issue with this crew.

Kerry getting everything out of themselves and the late subs pegged Mayo back.

Intriguing replay to see who starts for both sides.

Any idea that Gaelic Football isn't anything other then a squad effort went out the window today.