Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: brianboru00 on August 24, 2014, 04:06:31 PM
About time Keegan got sent off - hes been getting away with that kind of shite for way too long.

Will you go away you clown.

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:05:47 PM
What a clown of a ref >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Correct decision in his interpretation. Still harsh but you can't do that anymore.

Captain Obvious

Never a sending off yellow card max and Mayo should have got a penalty when O Connor was through however Kerry the better side and deserve their lead.

Wildweasel74

That was just a yellow card stupid to do, i doubt the rules makers are going to have a look at what a kick is, try Tommy Carr on Brian Murray 20yr ago, now that a kick!! half these fairies would be half killed with the way fball was played in the 90`s

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:04:20 PM
Agree, Mayo need Andy Moran now. Mayo forwards are again showing why Mayo haven't won all Ireland.

This. Silly me, I gave the mayo forwards more credit than it looks like they deserve. And David Moran is the best midfielder from open play on view.

Silly red card, but mayo are up against it now. If they come through it will finally put to bed all this talk of mental weakness etc.

If they don't, it will be mentioned again, as will their weaknesses up front.

Zulu

Quote from: Itchy on August 24, 2014, 04:09:22 PM
Rules very clear, kick = red card. Stupid stuff from Mayo, no way back now.

Ps. How does Tommy Carr get these gigs despite not even knowing the rules of the game?

The rules are the same for hurling and there is no way in hell a hurler would have got sent off for that. The rule is there for a reason but you can't end a man's game or reduce a team to 14 for a flick of a leg, this isn't shagging soccer.

Syferus

Looking bleak now. Keegan is a huge loss. The deficit wasn't anything worthwhile until the sending off. Now four points looks like a bit of a mountain.

dublin7

Quote from: brianboru00 on August 24, 2014, 04:06:31 PM
About time Keegan got sent off - hes been getting away with that kind of shite for way too long.

Agreed. He new what he was doing. Can't kick out like that.

Vaughan lucky not to get a yellow/black card for his sliding tackle on James O'Donoghue. Mayo really laying into him any chance they get. Be amazed if he lasts the full 70 minutes.  No leadership in the Mayo forward line. Only O'Connor willing to have a shot and apart from 1st 10 minutes has offered nothing except miss a few frees

Sidney

Harsh red within the spirit of the game but under the rules it was correct. The kick was very much at the low end of the spectrum (reminded me of Beckham's on Diego Simeone) but Keegan gave Coldrick the excuse to show red, and it's hard to argue with it really given the letter of the law.

Mayo are doing some very stupid things. Kerry killing them around the middle. O'Connor goal chance a key moment.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA link=topic=24909.msg1391478ee. #msg1391478 date=1408893022
Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:05:47 PM
What a clown of a ref >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Correct decision in his interpretation. Still harsh but you can't do that anymore.

I agree. When it happened I said to herself, this could be red. If it's a kick or attempted kick it's a red. Very silly thing to do. That said, I've seen that 'interpreted' as a dunt and a yellow card.

Rudi

Don Walsh got Keggan sent off with his girly antics. Poor decision by Ref. Kerry have a fair old blanket set up.

Hardy

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:12:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 24, 2014, 04:09:22 PM
Rules very clear, kick = red card. Stupid stuff from Mayo, no way back now.

Ps. How does Tommy Carr get these gigs despite not even knowing the rules of the game?

The rules are the same for hurling and there is no way in hell a hurler would have got sent off for that. The rule is there for a reason but you can't end a man's game or reduce a team to 14 for a flick of a leg, this isn't shagging soccer.

All respect Zulu let hurling look after itself.

Thats a red card he just didn't connect like Mayo in general in the first 35 minutes

SouthDublinBro

Kerry are the better team by far. Mayo choking as usual.