Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Teams from league match in Castlebar. Mayo 2-15 Kerry 1-13. Kerry were a good bit off in the physicality stakes I remember.

Mayo: R Hennelly; B Harrison, G Cafferkey, K Higgins; L Keegan (0-01), S McHale, C Boyle; A O'Shea, J Gibbons; K McLoughlin (0-4, 3fs), A Moran, J Doherty (1-01); A Gallagher (0-02, 2fs), A Freeman (1-05, 3fs), M Conroy (0-01).

Subs: E Varley (0-01) for Gallagher (43 mins), D Vaughan for McHale (52 mins), S O'Shea for Gibbons (59 mins), C Carolan for Conroy (65 mins), D O'Connor for Moran (70 mins).

Kerry: B Kealy; P Murphy, M Griffin, S Enright; P Crowley, A O'Mahony, M O'Sé; A Maher, D Moran (0-01); S O'Brien (1-02), D Casey, D Walsh (0-01); BJ Keane (0-02), C Cox (0-04, 3fs), J O'Donoghue (0-03, 1f).

Subs: F Fitzgerald for O'Mahony (36 mins), P Kilkenny for Enright (42 mins, black card), M Geaney for Casey (55 mins), J Sherwood for O'Sé (56 mins), J Buckley for Walsh (59 mins), B McGuire for Crowley 64 mins).

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 08, 2014, 09:38:03 PM
Our defence is shambolic all year. Our forwards (however they manage to do it, because it's not coming from the sideline) somehow manage to score more than we concede. I said earlier on in the year that it would be a quarter final at best for Mayo. I think this game will be our last this year, unless Horan has some plan, and if he has I think he may need to use a few different substitutions the next day.

We conceded 2-10 against probably the worst Galway side to play in Croke park ever. We have one forward and he is only a one-trick pony. Our midfielders couldn't hit a barn door with a pass if the barn door were the width of Croke park.

This is a transition year for us and we are just delighted to be making another trip up to the big smoke. We hold out very little hope against a battle hardened, streetwise outfit.

I think it will definitely be green and red above green and gold this time, and good luck to ye in the final.

larryin89

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2014, 11:11:03 PM
Our defence is shambolic all year. Our forwards (however they manage to do it, because it's not coming from the sideline) somehow manage to score more than we concede. I said earlier on in the year that it would be a quarter final at best for Mayo. I think this game will be our last this year, unless Horan has some plan, and if he has I think he may need to use a few different substitutions the next day.

We conceded 2-10 against probably the worst Galway side to play in Croke park ever. We have one forward and he is only a one-trick pony. Our midfielders couldn't hit a barn door with a pass if the barn door were the width of Croke park.

This is a transition year for us and we are just delighted to be making another trip up to the big smoke. We hold out very little hope against a battle hardened, streetwise outfit.

I think it will definitely be green and red above green and gold this time, and good luck to ye in the final.

Funny but obvious .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sans pessimism

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 08, 2014, 11:11:03 PM

yerra yerra
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

After watching Dubs win a 1/4 there with a 3 minute spurt before ht should Mayo really be better off leaving Kerry take the beating in the final? While losing 3 in a row would be a remarkably achievement in itself a semi loss might be less damaging - for all of us.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 09, 2014, 07:33:29 PM
After watching Dubs win a 1/4 there with a 3 minute spurt before ht should Mayo really be better off leaving Kerry take the beating in the final? While losing 3 in a row would be a remarkably achievement in itself a semi loss might be less damaging - for all of us.

Arrah chin up Moy. Do it for the Wesht if ye can't do it for yourselves.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2014, 07:35:13 PM

Do what for the Wesht? Lose another one?

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 09, 2014, 07:47:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2014, 07:35:13 PM

Do what for the Wesht? Lose another one?

At least they'll know us for something ;)

Mayo the only team to hold Dublin to within five points under Gavin - it's not like there's many with better shots at it.

Farrandeelin

I was thinking along similar lines myself moy, I didn't see the game, but listened to it on the radio, it seems Dublin have two hands on the cup and nobody is able to prize them off it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 09, 2014, 07:52:11 PM

I was thinking along similar lines myself moy, I didn't see the game, but listened to it on the radio, it seems Dublin have two hands on the cup and nobody is able to prize them off it.

The Donegal game will be fascinating. I predict Cluxton will top score in a game with less than 10 scores. Dublin's forwards will need to be flown out, on their private jet, for counselling in the Mayo Clinic afterwards.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2014, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 09, 2014, 07:52:11 PM

The Donegal game will be fascinating. I predict Cluxton will top score in a game with less than 10 scores. Dublin's forwards will need to be flown out, on their private jet, for counselling in the Mayo Clinic afterwards.

Donegal v Dublin decider imo. Donegal only one with a realistic chance of beating the Dubs. There s an outside chance they might choke them and winkle out a goal or 2 to win it. If we do get past Kerry it probably won't matter to much who we meet. Tbh we d be as well off meeting the dubs after the motivation Donegal would be bringing from last year + the confidence and form from beating the Dubs.

larryin89

Donegal???????????????? Omsf are you serious, please let me know who ye are and i will give you an 8 point start for evens, im not bullshittin i will put the cash up.

larryin89

Anyone that will back Donegal against that machine , a machine the GAA world has never seen before,this isnt sensationalism this is realism, they are the greatest ever.The race for Sam is going to become a race to see who comes second , this machine in Dublin will dominate like no other ever seen. They will make Mickos Kerry look like pretenders.