Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2014, 05:06:23 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 05:03:53 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2014, 04:58:14 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 04:49:07 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 30, 2014, 10:49:36 AM
Quote from: Canalman on July 30, 2014, 09:12:48 AM
All those players from the U21 winning teams do not just disappear. Galway as I keep saying are imo anyway the one county everyone should fear due to the surgical way they can strike when least expected.

I liked what I saw from Galway on Saturday and I agree with CM their forwards were very clinical. Yet to be convinced by Kerry, listened to their game against Clare on the radio and it was a very disjointed performance, while they dismantled Cork, Cork were absolutely awful. To me Galway have a better set of forwards and only O'Donoghue would be nailed on to start, Declan O'Sullivan while excellent against Cork played a withdrawn role and was given far much time on the ball by a lifeless Cork. Their middle 8 worked very hard and won a lot of ball, Maher and Buckley are a good partnership and I like Buckley but he tends to fade in and out of games. If Galway can get parity here and get an early lead and draw Kerry's blanket defence out and turn the game into a shoot-out and man on man ala Dublin with Galway's and a serious goal threat you'd never know. Kerry do have the experience and as a friend of mine says "Tradition never graduates" but Galway to me are very much the coming team and sometimes a coming team are just awaiting the right moment to announce themselves, Sunday could be that day.

Some man to judge a game based on a radio commentary!

Judging them on their team sheet doesn't look much better to be fair.

Who is judging anyone based on a teamsheet? Your rapid response to some of my posts is getting a bit creepy aswell..try giving it 5 mins or so to soak in next time.

Someone's a little tetchy today.

It's not just today..I'm always harsh when dealing with idiocy.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

seafoid

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 05:15:37 PM
All those players from the U21 winning teams do not just disappear. Galway as I keep saying are imo anyway the one county everyone should fear due to the surgical way they can strike when least expected.

I liked what I saw from Galway on Saturday and I agree with CM their forwards were very clinical. Yet to be convinced by Kerry, listened to their game against Clare on the radio and it was a very disjointed performance, while they dismantled Cork, Cork were absolutely awful. To me Galway have a better set of forwards and only O'Donoghue would be nailed on to start, Declan O'Sullivan while excellent against Cork played a withdrawn role and was given far much time on the ball by a lifeless Cork. Their middle 8 worked very hard and won a lot of ball, Maher and Buckley are a good partnership and I like Buckley but he tends to fade in and out of games. If Galway can get parity here and get an early lead and draw Kerry's blanket defence out and turn the game into a shoot-out and man on man ala Dublin with Galway's and a serious goal threat you'd never know. Kerry do have the experience and as a friend of mine says "Tradition never graduates" but Galway to me are very much the coming team and sometimes a coming team are just awaiting the right moment to announce themselves, Sunday could be that day.

Who is judging anyone based on a teamsheet? Your rapid response to some of my posts is getting a bit creepy aswell..try giving it 5 mins or so to soak in next time.

Na bac leis. Bhi timpiste aige leis an mbus.

Syferus

You must be tough on yourself.

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on July 30, 2014, 05:22:18 PM

;D ;D ;D Árd phlaic atá i Saifearusín.

Ceapaimse go mbeidh an bua ag na "cúthúirí" gan dabht ar bith.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Ye lads do know Google Translate is automatically translating everything you say into a living language, right?

The broken English it produces is actually better than yer usual attempts at grammar.

armaghniac

Don't be a complete pain, Syferus, and contribute something other than Shoneenism.

I doubt Galway have reached Kerry's standard yet, even Kerry are diminished.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2014, 07:15:52 PM
Don't be a complete pain, Syferus, and contribute something other than Shoneenism.

I doubt Galway have reached Kerry's standard yet, even Kerry are diminished.

I was the one giving my thoughts on the match before CT went all Paul Galvin on me.

Dinny Breen

I did watch the highlights as well, so was it not a disjointed performance?
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2014, 07:29:57 PM
I was the one giving my thoughts on the match before CT went all Paul Galvin on me.

Paul Galvin? Does CT wear a cravat?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2014, 08:23:46 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2014, 07:29:57 PM

Paul Galvin? Does CT wear a cravat?

That's so last season. Double blazers are in: http://thisispaulgalvin.com/two-blazers-the-new-thing-check-this-look-out/

I miss Galvin, and Kerry will probably miss him too before the year is out.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: seafoid on July 30, 2014, 05:22:18 PM

;D Maith an fear!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Back in the real world, have Galway named a team yet lads no? Expecting any changes?

DJGaliv

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 09:18:03 PM
Back in the real world, have Galway named a team yet lads no? Expecting any changes?

I think Galway will be naming the team tonight.

I'm not sure what lads thought of our change of keeper. After conceding 4 goals will Manus come back in? It'd be quite harsh to blame Healy for any of the goals.

Armstrong surely has to start at this stage, although Cummins did get 1-1. I wonder will we see a change at centre back with Burke starting?

If it's a shoot out Kerry will win, if it's a dirty game Kerry will more than likely still win. I predict a 6 point defeat unfortunately.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: DJGaliv on July 31, 2014, 12:57:00 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 09:18:03 PM

I think Galway will be naming the team tonight.

I'm not sure what lads thought of our change of keeper. After conceding 4 goals will Manus come back in? It'd be quite harsh to blame Healy for any of the goals.

Armstrong surely has to start at this stage, although Cummins did get 1-1. I wonder will we see a change at centre back with Burke starting?

If it's a shoot out Kerry will win, if it's a dirty game Kerry will more than likely still win. I predict a 6 point defeat unfortunately.

Can't see them changing the keeper, kickouts were a big improvement on the Mayo game.
Keep Armstrong where he is, he's played well coming of the bench for both games, wouldn't be able to tell you the last time he put back to back performances like that when he started. Cummins has to start, he played well against Tipp and his pace will be important.

There was 5 points in it the last time we met, this Kerry team on paper are not a patch on the 2008 team who had 3 O'se's, the Gooch, Tommy Walsh, O'Mahony, Donaghy & Declan O'Sullivan in their prime. O'Mahony & Marc O'Se are 33 now. Due to the performance against Cork and our inability to keep the goals out nobody is really given us a chance and rightly so but on paper this isn't a Kerry team to be scared off although as I've mentioned previously these are the games where reputations are made.