Maigh Eo v Corcaigh, 1600, 3ú Lúnasa, Páirc an Crocaigh

Started by macdanger2, July 27, 2014, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

thewobbler

Varley and Freeman just don't fit into that Mayo team. It's like the team's confidence and drive nosedives when they get onto the field.

moysider

Quote from: Hardy on August 03, 2014, 05:35:25 PM
More wacky stuff with referee timekeeping. It looks as if he told Cork there was more time and then blew it up.

Same as us last years AI final when Cillian took the point.

moysider

Jaysus, Brolly is giving Whelo some bullying. It s not right.

beer baron

Be good fun to see Whelan lamp him  ;D Would he be such a patronising little shit then

stibhan

If Tyrone had have committed that many fouls against Cork forwards there would be a massive GAA enquiry headed up by Brolly et al.

The referee was as bad as I've seen, and Mayo were as cynical as I've seen. The Cork Selector's comment about forward line fouls, although also (it has to be said) backed up by the occasional good tackle, is absolutely on the money.

Bud Wiser

Joe Brolly is an arrogant, ignorant asshole of the very highest order.  I have heard of players being criticized if children are watching but if they were watching this ignorant f**k in action it is worse.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

moysider

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on August 03, 2014, 05:36:41 PM
What a win! Perfect way to win really but problems remain obviously.

Whatever about starting with passengers we certainly finished with one! We went to seed after the Andy substitution. Horan will be relieved to get away with that.

Yeah, strange substitution! Could not believe it! Player brought on not up to it!

lynchbhoy

Cork self destructed a few times during the game today and mayo at least had the ability to take advantage whereas years ago they wouldn't have.

Freeman has lost all confidence, how Dillon started and stayed on is beyond me.
Varley just too small.

Hard to judge cork as they have huge talent but don't play as a team.

Thought a few players on both sides deserved yellows and more black cards for pulling , body checking and persistent fouling.

Cork still too stupid a side to deserve to win and mayo had that little bit more ruthlessness in attack which earned them a deserved victory IMO

Cork mad at the end but I expected the ref to do that - they all do that!

From the Bunker

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 03, 2014, 05:47:52 PM
Cork self destructed a few times during the game today and mayo at least had the ability to take advantage whereas years ago they wouldn't have.

Varley just too small.

Thought a few players on both sides deserved yellows and more black cards for pulling , body checking and persistent fouling.

Cork still too stupid a side to deserve to win and mayo had that little bit more ruthlessness in attack which earned them a deserved victory IMO

Dilon scored 4 points from play! Are you still watching re-runs of the AI Final?

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 03, 2014, 05:45:32 PM

Whatever about starting with passengers we certainly finished with one! We went to seed after the Andy substitution. Horan will be relieved to get away with that.

Yeah, strange substitution! Could not believe it! Player brought on not up to it!

Will lessons be learned?

Now what to do with O Donoghue. Brolly is right about this. Caff or Chris won t cope one on one. Keith and Tom wouldn t fare much better imo. Saying that O Neill and Hurley a handful for anybody.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 03, 2014, 05:51:16 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 03, 2014, 05:47:52 PM

Varley just too small.

Dilon scored 4 points from play! Are you still watching re-runs of the AI Final?
Disagree. Hurley and O Neill hugely talented but how many others. Kerrigan disappeared again today but putting Keegan on him effectively lessened Keegan's effectiveness as well. Thought Cork played very well as a team today. Moved the ball from back to forwards very well under a lot of pressure and found their scoring forwards very well.

Captain Obvious

Mayo only winning by one point against a side that were hammered by both Dublin,Kerry has to be a cause for concern. For the second game in a row Mayos usually solid defence is looking very shaky.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on August 03, 2014, 05:52:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 03, 2014, 05:45:32 PM

Will lessons be learned?

Now what to do with O Donoghue. Brolly is right about this. Caff or Chris won t cope one on one. Keith and Tom wouldn t fare much better imo. Saying that O Neill and Hurley a handful for anybody.

Probably not! Great result today. Never took Cork for granted before game for good reason. Great character, that is two games coming to the end where questions were asked and we answered them!