Maigh Eo v Corcaigh, 1600, 3ú Lúnasa, Páirc an Crocaigh

Started by macdanger2, July 27, 2014, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: stibhan on August 03, 2014, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 03, 2014, 08:35:46 PM
Quote from: maigheo on August 03, 2014, 08:12:28 PM
Strong words from Horan about the Cork managments comments about the Mayo team.Saying it was an absolute disgrace that they named players and that it made the win sweeter

Yeah, it's sweet when you win in such circumstances. Cork tried the tactics of the League final 2012. That day they bullied us out of it. Vaughan got special attention. We are a different animal now!

Comments were, on the evidence of today's game, totally justified.

And the durty bollixs went to pot when they took off the Roscommon man too :-\

squire_in_navy_slacks

Strong words from Horan about the Cork managments comments about the Mayo team.Saying it was an absolute disgrace that they named players and that it made the win sweeter

Id agree with Horan however he needs to thread carefully, not too long ago bemoaning Dublin and soft frees to the media, hes a cute tubby man

macdanger2

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2014, 10:41:59 PM
A long shot but does anyone know a pub in granada, Spain showing the games? Have tried emailing the Irish pubs but no reply

No is the answer, two irish pubs closed for holidays and a third not open til 1900  >:(

Good to win a tight game. One can only hope we're timing our run for late August / September rather than surviving on fumes.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2014, 09:19:28 PM

Yeah, it's sweet when you win in such circumstances. Cork tried the tactics of the League final 2012. That day they bullied us out of it. Vaughan got special attention. We are a different animal now!

Was talking to a man last night who says he told Moran to his face that if he ever celebrates a win over Ros again like last 8th June he'll bursht the bolx.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 03, 2014, 11:09:51 PM

Was talking to a man last night who says he told Moran to his face that if he ever celebrates a win over Ros again like last 8th June he'll bursht the bolx.

Probably was his dah ;D

Andy does seem to only get the dander up for the big games these days, against Ros and crunch games in Croker. The Galways and the Tyrones of the world just don't cut it anymore.

macdanger2

Didn't see the match yesterday and won't see the recording until the middle of next week. How did the changes work out yesterday? How did aos get on at chf??

Mayo4Sam

I thought the ref rode us yesterday. Everytime we won a kick out we were fouled, systematic.
And the amount if frees given away in our half forward line for nothing!
Thought DOC was outstanding for the first hour, kinda died then

I feel sorry for Caff, he gets isolated a lot

Varley, WTF??
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

dublin7

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 04, 2014, 10:38:18 AM
I thought the ref rode us yesterday. Everytime we won a kick out we were fouled, systematic.

Varley, WTF??

I'm soory i'm confused by your username.  You claim the ref screwd you, yet you have a cork username.  Systematic fouling was done by the mayo forwards throughout the game.  Mayo made some bizarre substitutions during the game.  Taking off Cillian O'Connor was a crazy decison.  He is the only mayo forward who offers a consistent scoring threat.  No forward presence when he went off yesterday.  Mayo have a good first fifteen, but very little on the bench.  Mikey Conroy is not even a distant relation of the standard required an inter county forward

Syferus

Quote from: dublin7 on August 04, 2014, 11:53:03 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 04, 2014, 10:38:18 AM

Varley, WTF??

I'm soory i'm confused by your username.  You claim the ref screwd you, yet you have a cork username.  Systematic fouling was done by the mayo forwards throughout the game.  Mayo made some bizarre substitutions during the game.  Taking off Cillian O'Connor was a crazy decison.  He is the only mayo forward who offers a consistent scoring threat. No forward presence when he went off yesterday.  Mayo have a good first fifteen, but very little on the bench.  Mikey Conroy is not even a distant relation of the standard required an inter county forward

COC for Freeman wasn't the game turning substitution. COC was cramping up also.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Rossfan on August 03, 2014, 11:09:51 PM

Get that man to do the same to Horan  ;)

muppet

The only positves are, we won, and beat the biggest shower of w*nkers we are likely to meet this year.

If it looked on tv that the officials favoured Cork, that could only have been becuase the camera didn't pick up their off ball activity. Even we we fall to Kerry, I am just delighted that we picked ourselves up  and outplayed Cadogen and co, and consigned him to many months of no football, although he probably won't notice.

It is also worth mentioning, we will not win an All-Ireland with our current eccentric sideline.

But credit where it is due, the lads dug very deep. and pulled another tight game out of the bag.
MWWSI 2017

Comeontheturks

Watching the match yesterday, reading today's papers and following threads on these boards. Paints a very clear picture of 2 contrasting counties.
What are Mayo good at?  Whinging, unsporting behaviour (refusing handshake), beating second rate teams, getting high on beating second rate teams.
What are Kerry good at? Winning All Ireland's

sans pessimism

Quote from: Comeontheturks on August 04, 2014, 02:54:13 PM
Watching the match yesterday, reading today's papers and following threads on these boards. Paints a very clear picture of 2 contrasting counties.
What are Mayo good at?  Whinging, unsporting behaviour (refusing handshake), beating second rate teams, getting high on beating second rate teams.
What r u good at.....Majored in talkin shite I'd say
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

macdanger2

Quote from: Comeontheturks on August 04, 2014, 02:54:13 PM

So you signed up to gaaboard to run down your own county? As good a thing as any to do on Monday afternoon I suppose  :D

Mayo4Sam

Also very disappointed in the every cork lad going down holding their face/head after the slightest challenge, although they were well able to go in late themselves.
KMcL yellow was one explain, a fair shoulder and Gould (I think) rolling round on the ground
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me