Riot at Tyrone club match

Started by Sky Blue, April 16, 2007, 05:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

So you think casual racism is acceptable then?

bennydorano

Tyrone club football has always had a nasty element to it, I'm suprised at the county's success sometimes as there's that many interclub feuds going on.

A bit " wont someone think of the children" Skyblue, but it does seem to be on the increase, although things tend to get blown out of porportion.

pintsofguinness

I wasnt suggesting the story was a wind up skyblue but I thought your reaction was, do you think this type of thing has never happened before?  Of course that doesn't make  it right and both clubs should receive heavy punishment though if tyrone county board are anything like armagh county board there will be f**k all done about it.

Gab, would you ignore that p***k, I've reported his racist post so hopefully he wont be around much longer.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gabriel_Hurl

As regards to the point of the fight – I'm a bit biased since my club is involved – and mind you we are no angels – it does take 2 clubs to get involved in these things – and the other clubs reputation isn't exactly spotless either.

And I've heard from a few people that were at the that the whole thing was overblown

My only fear is the pitch will be closed – and it was our first league game at home in 3 years – due to pitch redevelopment

5 Sams

Guess what was 2nd item on the BBC lunchtime news? First item was a brief mention of the Donegal victory..then they launched into a full scale rundown on the row at the Ardboe/Dromore match....mountains out of molehills as usual.......if it was Ice Hockey it would be great crack altogether

For f**k sake lads its football....we've been bating the shite out of one and other for decades...its part of the game...hands up anyone on here who hasnt been involved in a full scale row...subs and supporters and all...if you havent then you're tellin porkies...
The Aristocrat Years

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Sky Blue on April 16, 2007, 09:52:30 PM
Is nobody bothered by this? Pints of Guiness I'm not winding anybody up. This was on Hoganstand.

If you wanted a proper adult discussion about this, why didn't you post a mature thread? You should have stayed on the Hoganstand, it's about your level. Pr*ck!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

William_Ulsterman

I must get myself to a match a.s.a.p. I'd love to see all those big burly strapping lads batin lumps outta each other! ;D
"The people of Ulster"

ziggysego

Quote from: William_Ulsterman on April 16, 2007, 11:20:30 PM
I must get myself to a match a.s.a.p. I'd love to see all those big burly strapping lads batin lumps outta each other! ;D

Datsun?
Testing Accessibility

William_Ulsterman

"The people of Ulster"

BallyhaiseMan

Within the week lads.
We will have Ian Paisley Junior demanding PSNI involvement over the punch up,and criticising the GAA over the violence of our sports  ;D

For me as long as there are no serious injuries(broken teeth,Noses,Jaws etc)I quite enjoy the odd aul flare-up,and i know im not alone on here when i say that  ;)

Maximus Marillius

Haise man there had to be something ye were good at...cause looking at yer club results football isn't it  :D :D :-* :-*

Over the Bar

Such melees happen at club rugby games all the time...  funny they dont get mentioned in the media.

Michael Hughes was referee?  He was the ref the day of the notororious Errigal v Carmen scrap.  I see a pattern emerging........  :P

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 16, 2007, 11:41:35 PM
Such melees happen at club rugby games all the time...  funny they dont get mentioned in the media.

Michael Hughes was referee?  He was the ref the day of the notororious Errigal v Carmen scrap.  I see a pattern emerging........  :P

funny that was the first thing I noticed!! Hughes always involved!!! :o

Tubberman

Disappointing, but not very surprising, that people are trying to play this down.
Fights involving players and supporters that leads to a game being abandoned IS NOT acceptable, and is not 'part of the game' - what a ridiculous statement.
And bringing the ref into it, as if he is somehow responsible for players and 'supporters' batin' the heads of each other is just another sad attempt at justifying this.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

magpie seanie

QuoteMichael Hughes was referee?  He was the ref the day of the notororious Errigal v Carmen scrap

He is a shite referee. He was lucky he didn't get a few clips the last time I saw him.

Not condoning the melee though.