Round 4 Qualfier: Armagh v Meath

Started by armaghniac, July 20, 2014, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: illdecide on July 29, 2014, 08:42:48 PM
Tell me this...Do Armagh/Meath play on  the Sat 9th Aug? Has the draw and date already been made? I know we can't have Dubin v Meath again nor Monaghan v Donegal but has the dates been confirmed and Croke Park the venue?

Meath/Armagh v. Donegal, 4:00 Saturday 9th August, Croke Park.
http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/national-fixtures/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship/

Dubhaltach

Unless both Armagh and Kildare win, then Armagh could potentially play Dublin as there will be a draw. That possibility was there for the other quarter finals anyway. http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/2107141421-football-championship-fixture-details-confirmed/

armaghniac

Quote from: Dubhaltach on July 29, 2014, 10:17:39 PM
Unless both Armagh and Kildare win, then Armagh could potentially play Dublin as there will be a draw. That possibility was there for the other quarter finals anyway. http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/2107141421-football-championship-fixture-details-confirmed/

You have it the wrong way around. Unless both Armagh and Kildare both win there will no draw. Armagh are slight favourites, but I wouldn't expect Kildare to beat Monaghan (fortunately).
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

There's rain forecast for Saturday.
That'll suit Armagh.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

del_carroll

*If either/both Meath or Monaghan win their Rd 4b games, there will not require to be a quarter final draw as Donegal cannot meet Monaghan again at this stage and Dublin cannot meet Meath. If neither win, there will be a draw to determine which of the Rd 4b winners (Armagh, Kildare) play which of the Provincial Champions in the All Ireland Quarter Finals..... From gah website.

Lillies to cheer for mcgeeneys Armagh then...revenge on the donegalmen for 2010...

Syferus

Quote from: del_carroll on July 30, 2014, 12:28:35 AM
*If either/both Meath or Monaghan win their Rd 4b games, there will not require to be a quarter final draw as Donegal cannot meet Monaghan again at this stage and Dublin cannot meet Meath. If neither win, there will be a draw to determine which of the Rd 4b winners (Armagh, Kildare) play which of the Provincial Champions in the All Ireland Quarter Finals..... From gah website.

Lillies to cheer for mcgeeneys Armagh then...revenge on the donegalmen for 2010...

Armaghgeddon

Seeing quite a lot of news stories with Grimley mentioned - wonder if the media are spouting shite again

Moortown Spuds

Jinxy

Quote from: illdecide on July 29, 2014, 11:40:08 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 29, 2014, 11:13:15 PM
That'll suit Armagh.

why?

Hard to play free-flowing football on a wet day.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on July 30, 2014, 11:56:25 AM
That'll suit Armagh.

why?

especially with a soggy blanket

illdecide

That'll suit Armagh.

why?

That explains your heavy defeat to Dublin then as it was warm and sunny that day...you lot needed the rain too ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on July 30, 2014, 03:49:04 PM
That'll suit Armagh.

why?

That explains your heavy defeat to Dublin then as it was warm and sunny that day...you lot needed the rain too ;)

I don't know, Meath's performance that day was pretty wet.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

First Kevin Reilly having a dig at Grimley and now Anthony Moyles. It appears that the Meath men have no great love for Grimley from his time as assistant manager in Meath.

Jinxy

Moyles wasn't having a dig, he was just saying that Grimley would be one for instilling a siege mentality in his players.
That works with some lads, it doesn't work with others.