Started by Redhand Santa, July 11, 2014, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 10:37:57 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 10:12:00 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 10:03:09 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 09:20:55 PM
What a crock of shite.  So every game / sport invented in the UK is a british imperial sport?
No

I was referring to rugby...so in this case yes.

Rugby football is a style of football that developed at Rugby School. I note that it isn't called Mullingar Union or Ballyjamesduff Union.
What what old chap...tally ho.

Seems like theres a few out there in denial that it's a british sport.
Nobody is denying that it's a British sport.  Was merely enquring as to how it was an imperial sport? 

Because they took it to their colonies. Read a little history why don't you.
Next you'll be saying India and the West indies accidentally started playing cricket for no reason!

anyway, just to reiterate. Rugby = Imperial sport.
Surely they took all the other games / sports they invented to their colonies too?  As such, are they not all imperial sports too?

I don't care - we were talking about rugby. Not sitting well with you eh?

michaelg / myles na g - related by any chance?? ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

michaelg

Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 10:40:52 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 10:37:57 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 10:12:00 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 10:03:09 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 09:20:55 PM
What a crock of shite.  So every game / sport invented in the UK is a british imperial sport?
No

I was referring to rugby...so in this case yes.

Rugby football is a style of football that developed at Rugby School. I note that it isn't called Mullingar Union or Ballyjamesduff Union.
What what old chap...tally ho.

Seems like theres a few out there in denial that it's a british sport.
Nobody is denying that it's a British sport.  Was merely enquring as to how it was an imperial sport? 

Because they took it to their colonies. Read a little history why don't you.
Next you'll be saying India and the West indies accidentally started playing cricket for no reason!

anyway, just to reiterate. Rugby = Imperial sport.
Surely they took all the other games / sports they invented to their colonies too?  As such, are they not all imperial sports too?

I don't care - we were talking about rugby. Not sitting well with you eh?

michaelg / myles na g - related by any chance?? ;)
We were talking about rugby, however, I also asked you on a couple of occasions about your views on other sports / games invented in Britain which you chose not to respond to.  GAA the only sports you follow? 

foxcommander

Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 10:47:43 PM
We were talking about rugby, however, I also asked you on a couple of occasions about your views on other sports / games invented in Britain which you chose not to respond to.  GAA the only sports you follow?

We are talking about rugby. You're just trying to change the subject because you don't like it being linked with britishness.

michaelg

Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 11:01:56 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 10:47:43 PM

We are talking about rugby. You're just trying to change the subject because you don't like it being linked with britishness.
Why would I not like it being linked with Britishness? The game was invented in Britain ffs.

foxcommander

Quote from: michaelg on July 13, 2014, 11:04:19 PM
Why would I not like it being linked with Britishness? The game was invented in Britain ffs.

So you are agreeing it's an imperial sport. And there's you defending it. keep squirming  :-*

Myles Na G.

Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 13, 2014, 06:46:49 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on July 13, 2014, 06:39:25 PM
When you see the likes of Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Samoa on the top ten of any sporting list you have to know that it's a diddy of a sport.

Hahahaha you said global. I could probably get a game with any team under the top 20 of the list and I don't even know how to play.
I'd say that a diddy of a sport is one that hasn't been able to catch on outside its own backyard, despite the fact that Irish people are to be found in numbers all over the globe.

Where did I ever boast that Gaa was a global sport. You said that about rugger and shown up that your facts are bullsh*t. Fiji, Samoa and Ireland indeed.

Again begs the question why you are on a Gaelic Website if you hate GAA so much. I trust you had fun yesterday at Orangefest 2014?
So the fact that rugby is played in Fiji and Samoa and Ireland means that rugby isn't isn't a global sport??

I don't hate GAA at all, it's just not my favourite sport. And I'm posting on the non GAA discussion part of the message board, in case you hadn't noticed.  ;)

foxcommander

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 14, 2014, 12:06:48 AM
So the fact that rugby is played in Fiji and Samoa and Ireland means that rugby isn't isn't a global sport??

I don't hate GAA at all, it's just not my favourite sport. And I'm posting on the non GAA discussion part of the message board, in case you hadn't noticed.  ;)

It's fairly dishonest to call it global if they are top teams in a particular sport. Just shows that it's not really been taken up worldwide seriously.

Of course GAA is not your favourite sport. And for someone who doesn't like GAA you spend a lot of time here. I can't guess why. Hope you had a nice day yesterday with your tea and sermons in the field. Youse didn't cause as much hassle this year.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: foxcommander on July 14, 2014, 02:09:37 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 14, 2014, 12:06:48 AM

It's fairly dishonest to call it global if they are top teams in a particular sport. Just shows that it's not really been taken up worldwide seriously.

Of course GAA is not your favourite sport. And for someone who doesn't like GAA you spend a lot of time here. I can't guess why. Hope you had a nice day yesterday with your tea and sermons in the field. Youse didn't cause as much hassle this year.
I'm still waiting for you to post the GAA world rankings list. And if the fact that Ireland is one of the top sides in world rugby means, in your view, that rugby can't be a global sport, what the fcuk does that make GAA??