The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Cruz is just as big a tool as Trump....I fvckin give up at this point

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2015, 07:32:48 PM

Apparently he is despised by his colleagues. And I'm not talking about  Democrats.

seafoid

what about Rubio?

Eamonnca1

There are two possibilities.

1 - Trump is a false flag operation engineered by the Clintons to damage the GOP brand.

2 - Trump is a false flag operation engineered by republicans to make their own candidates look moderate by comparison. This would be invalidated if he runs as an independent and hands the White House to Clinton.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 14, 2015, 12:03:29 AM

1 - Trump is a false flag operation engineered by the Clintons to damage the GOP brand.

2 - Trump is a false flag operation engineered by republicans to make their own candidates look moderate by comparison. This would be invalidated if he runs as an independent and hands the White House to Clinton.
Why would he be a false flag ? The GOP is in disarray and has been since Romney lost.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on December 13, 2015, 11:41:06 PM
what about Rubio?

Rubio has made some pretty stupid statements re abortion, so the War on Women machine would go into full swing

Christie would be my choice.....a red governor in a blue state.....well used to compromising and reaching a cross the aisle to make deals.

Unfortunately since W got elected, neither side is willing to give an inch.

As unpopular as they were to many (on the opposite side) both Regan and Clinton spent a large chunk of their presidencies without an majority in either the House or Senate....Regan had to work it out with Tip O Neill and Clinton had to work it out with Newt

omaghjoe

I was thinking Rubio is the only one that has a hope of giving the presidential bid a rattle, dont know that much about him but he could cut a massive swathe of the electorate on ethnicity alone, for example he could be in with a shout of taking California and New Mexico, plus he seems fairly sensible.

But then, the last 4 elections have been won, not by compromising but by retoric and issuing rallying calls. No better exemplified by Obama taking places like North Carolina where he got the (massive) black vote out, which normally wouldn't vote at all in large numbers. So if this pattern where to continue both Hillary and Rubio would struggle. And scary as it seems (to alot of you), if it where to continue Trump would actually have a real shout, which I would actually personally find hilarious.

heganboy

Quote from: seafoid on December 13, 2015, 08:59:20 AM
Hill is bought by Wall St. The US needs a new economic model where the national wealth doesn't trickle up to the 0.01% incessantly. The status quo is ultra dangerous.
Someone like Ike is required.

Are you saying Capitol Hill? Or Hilary Clinton?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on December 14, 2015, 05:12:35 AM
Quote from: seafoid on December 13, 2015, 08:59:20 AM
Hill is bought by Wall St. The US needs a new economic model where the national wealth doesn't trickle up to the 0.01% incessantly. The status quo is ultra dangerous.
Someone like Ike is required.

Are you saying Capitol Hill? Or Hilary Clinton?
It's both but Hill Is bought and won't change anything So she Will Be a waste of 4 years

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 14, 2015, 12:03:29 AM

There have been meetings by the GOP top brass to stop Trump from getting the nomination, I have no gra for the f**ker but he deserves to be treated fairly even if he is a plant, which I think he may well be.

Unless the FBI arrest the hoor she is the next President and I hope you are all happy when she fucks this country up more than Obamination ever did.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 14, 2015, 05:09:40 AM
I was thinking Rubio is the only one that has a hope of giving the presidential bid a rattle, dont know that much about him but he could cut a massive swathe of the electorate on ethnicity alone, for example he could be in with a shout of taking California and New Mexico, plus he seems fairly sensible.

But then, the last 4 elections have been won, not by compromising but by retoric and issuing rallying calls. No better exemplified by Obama taking places like North Carolina where he got the (massive) black vote out, which normally wouldn't vote at all in large numbers. So if this pattern where to continue both Hillary and Rubio would struggle. And scary as it seems (to alot of you), if it where to continue Trump would actually have a real shout, which I would actually personally find hilarious.

Hilarious eh, will it be funny when he drops the bomb on the middle east, the man is a disaster.

screenexile

Looks like the Trump thing is starting to wobble. . . not sure it's a good thing as Cruz looks every but as right wing but has a better/gentler way of saying it!!!

He would definitely be more politically savvy than Trump come the General Election that's for sure!

seafoid

Trump doesn't have a hope. The more extremist his statements the smaller his GOP base. Being conservative doesn't mean being a bigot or a racist or worse. The GOP need to reach out to women and Hispanics in 2016 and Trump can't do it.

stew

A lying poll on politicians lying, nothing to see here.