Corcaigh v Ciarraí - Munster Final 06.07.14 - Parc des Franque

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, July 02, 2014, 01:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Nowt to trouble Kerry so, not with Mayo and Galway championship history with The Kingdom.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on July 06, 2014, 09:38:02 PM

Nowt to trouble Kerry so, not with Mayo and Galway championship history with The Kingdom.

Stuff O'Donague and that Kerry team will look very, very average. Ye might have to exorcise the Kerry demons this year.

orangeman

Tipp who showed Longford yesterday that they're a good side could and probably should have beaten Cork in the semi final. Dublin hammered them in the league semi. Kerry hit one of those days today when everything they touched turned to gold.

Kerry aren't 12 points better than Cork in my view. Cork aren't as bad as they showed today.

Not many will want them in the qualifiers after the rollicking they'll get.

J OGorman

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2014, 10:00:07 PM

Stuff O'Donague and that Kerry team will look very, very average. Ye might have to exorcise the Kerry demons this year.

O'Se and Galvin retire = an average Kerry
Gooch out = an average Kerry
Take O'Donoghue out and Kerry will be very very average.

A masterclass in fielding,  winning breaking ball, foot passing and vision. Hard not to enjoy that performance.

Zulu

Although Syferus has been incorrectly writing off Kerry for a few years it's hard to argue they are genuine All Ireland contenders based on today.

blanketattack

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2014, 02:56:04 PM
Kerry will mass the defence and will be interesting to see how their cyncial game has evolved from last year, expect plenty of fouling from Kerry in this half, oblivious to RTE.

Nice prediction

orangeman

Quote from: J OGorman on July 06, 2014, 10:27:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2014, 10:00:07 PM

O'Se and Galvin retire = an average Kerry
Gooch out = an average Kerry
Take O'Donoghue out and Kerry will be very very average.

A masterclass in fielding,  winning breaking ball, foot passing and vision. Hard not to enjoy that performance.

Kerry still go out to play football and thank God for teams like them. They play with the head up most of the time. The passing was a delight to watch.

Cork just lay down today and made it easy for them do it's hard to gauge how good they are.  Don't forget Cork were short priced favourites to beat Kerry today in the Pairc.

J OGorman

Quote from: Zulu on July 06, 2014, 10:29:30 PM
Although Syferus has been incorrectly writing off Kerry for a few years it's hard to argue they are genuine All Ireland contenders based on today.

They are surely Zulu. Its great to see. No offence, but the more teams that can genuinely give Dublin a good rattle at Croke Pk the better. Dublin are at some level , but a few teams could click and really put it up to them. Makes it all the more exciting for neutral

Syferus

I stand corrected. They've been great the past two years.

They are a top four team, maybe. That has more to do with where the likes of Cork, Tyrone, Down and Kildare/Meath are at than it does about Kerry. They wouldn't beat Dublin and would probably need a Mayo meltdown to beat Mayo without Gooch.

The count of genuine AI contenders remains at one.

larryin89

Reality check . Kerry are in an all Ireland quater final .

Maybe v Galway or qualifier winner , easy peasy for the kingdom.

Semi final v Mayo maybe, very winnable game for the kingdom.

Final v Dublin ( according to the bookies) , a team they were beating with only minutes to go in last years semi final.

They are improving too.

Genuine contenders, hell yes they are.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Gooch, Galvin and O'Se all gone. Star performers in that game last year and even then Dublin's bench finished them off.

The reason Mayo and Donegal (and Monaghan are if they beat Donegal) are ahead of Kerry is because their defensive, physical styles are exactly what has derailed Kerry with regularity over the last decade. I also think that style is probably the only way someone could actually beat Dublin.

I don't think it's a given Mayo or Donegal would beat Kerry but based on the above and the fact they match up with Dublin's globetrotters best it only makes sense that they are ahead of Kerry.

Zulu

Quote from: J OGorman on July 06, 2014, 10:34:07 PM

They are surely Zulu. Its great to see. No offence, but the more teams that can genuinely give Dublin a good rattle at Croke Pk the better. Dublin are at some level , but a few teams could click and really put it up to them. Makes it all the more exciting for neutral

I'd have Monaghan, Donegal and Mayo ahead of Kerry at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerry beat any of those teams should they meet but none of them would offer up Kerry such a listless, weak challenge as did Cork.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on July 06, 2014, 11:10:14 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on July 06, 2014, 10:34:07 PM

I'd have Monaghan, Donegal and Mayo ahead of Kerry at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerry beat any of those teams should they meet but none of them would offer up Kerry such a listless, weak challenge as did Cork.

Monaghan ahead of Kerry ? Not in my view -  the Ulster final will tell us more where Monaghan are at. If they repeat the heroics of last year's final than I'll have to reconsider.

Zulu

It's a tight call alright but I'd say man for man Monaghan are just as good, probably better, than Kerry but they wouldn't have Kerry's innate self belief which would give Kerry the edge. Kerry are not as good as they appeared today in my opinion.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2014, 10:34:43 PM

I stand corrected. They've been great the past two years.

They are a top four team, maybe. That has more to do with where the likes of Cork, Tyrone, Down and Kildare/Meath are at than it does about Kerry. They wouldn't beat Dublin and would probably need a Mayo meltdown to beat Mayo without Gooch.

The count of genuine AI contenders remains at one.

Why are we in there?
If you were any use you'd be playing.