2014/2015 Premier League.

Started by EC Unique, June 27, 2014, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 13, 2014, 04:10:39 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2014, 10:19:05 AM
7. Man Utd (much the same as last year. Def midfield and defence, and heart in general is a bit of a shambles. Was easy to make Moyse the scape goat, but the players are not good enough)

The deadline is still open so I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss United. Van Gaal will bring in some quality before the end of the month. Also, no European football this year which will help in the run for top 4 and whatever else.

Going to take more than a few signings to fix the damage caused by appointing David Moyes as manager. I don't believe in the theory that the players were not good enough, eighty nine points Manchester United got in the two seasons before Moyes arrived and with any decent manager Manchester United would have finished in the top four last season.

You should move on from talking about David Moyes he is no longer manager. United have started this season well winning 6 games in Pre seasom, a fully fit RVP this season will make a difference - missed a good chunk of last seaosn.

The United team that got 89 points in 2012 was  a team in decline in 2014, Carrick, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra.

ONeill

Utd could win their opening 8 fixtures.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thebigfella

Quote from: ONeill on August 13, 2014, 07:01:51 PM

And Liverpool could potentially lose the first 6 too; you would expect them to win the opening game and Villa but nothing is a given.

Utd have been blessed with that draw. Has Howard Webb been put in charge of fixtures since he retired  ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: thebigfella on August 13, 2014, 07:12:21 PM

And Liverpool could potentially lose the first 6 too; you would expect them to win the opening game and Villa but nothing is a given.

Utd have been blessed with that draw. Has Howard Webb been put in charge of fixtures since he retired  ;)

Nope, Ferguson got that job...did you not read the story?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27184083

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on August 13, 2014, 07:41:35 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on August 13, 2014, 07:12:21 PM

Nope, Ferguson got that job...did you not read the story?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27184083

Did you get your link wrong?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26502631
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2014, 06:13:12 PM
7. Man Utd (much the same as last year. Def midfield and defence, and heart in general is a bit of a shambles. Was easy to make Moyse the scape goat, but the players are not good enough)

The deadline is still open so I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss United. Van Gaal will bring in some quality before the end of the month. Also, no European football this year which will help in the run for top 4 and whatever else.

Going to take more than a few signings to fix the damage caused by appointing David Moyes as manager. I don't believe in the theory that the players were not good enough, eighty nine points Manchester United got in the two seasons before Moyes arrived and with any decent manager Manchester United would have finished in the top four last season.

You should move on from talking about David Moyes he is no longer manager. United have started this season well winning 6 games in Pre seasom, a fully fit RVP this season will make a difference - missed a good chunk of last seaosn.

The United team that got 89 points in 2012 was  a team in decline in 2014, Carrick, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra.

Manchester United won't be able to move on until they are title contenders again which is unlikely to happen this season. Pre season means little the real season starts this weekend.

United also got that total of points in 2013 and even a team in decline should be able to finish in the top four after winning the league well the previous season. Van Persie is now thirty one and injury prone he must be close to that decline category?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 13, 2014, 08:59:16 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2014, 06:13:12 PM

Manchester United won't be able to move on until they are title contenders again which is unlikely to happen this season. Pre season means little the real season starts this weekend.

United also got that total of points in 2013 and even a team in decline should be able to finish in the top four after winning the league well the previous season. Van Persie is now thirty one and injury prone he must be close to that decline category?

Pre season means something - United had a poor pre season last year - this year they are playing with confidence, as for they are unlikely to win the League this year - thats just your opinion.
The 2013 season Man City were not near the team of 2012 , United won the League pulling up - they had disputes with players and managers, Balotelli, Tevez - Mancini.  They werent a united bunch that season. It wasnt down to United being brilliant that season - it was a poor quality League that season.

Van Persie had a decent WC i wouldn't say he showed signs of decline after an injury ravaged season. He should be fresher this year after an extended break.

Tabloid Tim

Winners: Chelsea
Golden Boot: Wayne Rooney
Bottom: Burnley
Best Signing: Bojan (Stoke)
Surprise Package: Stoke

rodney trotter

AZOffaly

Row over transfers apparently.

Just saw Arry followed by big Sam one after the other on sky news. I can't stomach either of them.

Walter Cronc

There was a row of the bonus' from last year I think.

Pulls tends to be very loyal to his players. Maybe walked over that.

Jordan the owner seems a bit of a tit from the outside!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 14, 2014, 10:01:12 PM
Row over transfers apparently.

Just saw Arry followed by big Sam one after the other on sky news. I can't stomach either of them.
Peas in a pod.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 14, 2014, 10:05:43 PM
There was a row of the bonus' from last year I think.

Pulls tends to be very loyal to his players. Maybe walked over that.

Jordan the owner seems a bit of a tit from the outside!

Hasn't been involved in the club in a number of years.

Carmen Stateside

1/ United
2/ City
3/ Chelsea
4/ Liverpool
5/ Arsenal
6/ Everton

Gabriel_Hurl