2014/2015 Premier League.

Started by EC Unique, June 27, 2014, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

@JimWhite Just heard that striker Shane Long is on the move again. £12m fee agreed to take him from Hull City to Southampton

They are doing some good business 4/5  very good signings, to replace Lallana and co

Farrandeelin

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City

Battle between Liverpool/Utd/Everton and Spurs for 4th.

18. Aston Villa
19. WBA
20. Burnley
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on August 07, 2014, 11:55:51 AM
1 Chelsea
2 City
3 Arsenal
4 Utd
5 Everton
6 Liverpool

7 Spurs

dont be at this WUM craic in a thread you started.

1. Man City (hope to buck they dont)
2. Chelsea (hope to buck they dont. They needed a finisher, and Costa isnt that man I reckon)
3. Arsenal (just a midfield enforcer short of winning it. I look at Arteta on the team sheet and think, naw)
4. Liverpool (be very interesting to see how Aug / Sep works out. Sturridge to have a blistering start and Henderson to become Englands new great new hope. Though, could click and the storm the ba5tardin thing!)
5. Everton (Solid side and top manager. Outside Liverpool, would be the team Id like to see win it. Wont happen though with moneybags City and the Chelsea аренду мальчиков)
6. Spurs (much like Liverpool, Spurs need a bright start to be in with any chance of staying the distance and maybe, just maybe pipping a few to the 4th spot)
7. Man Utd (much the same as last year. Def midfield and defence, and heart in general is a bit of a shambles. Was easy to make Moyse the scape goat, but the players are not good enough)

deiseach

Quote from: J OGorman on August 13, 2014, 10:04:36 AM
5. Everton (Solid side and top manager. Outside Liverpool, would be the team Id like to see win it. Wont happen though with moneybags City and the Chelsea аренду мальчиков)

Hope the feckers get relegated.

rodney trotter

7. Man Utd (much the same as last year. Def midfield and defence, and heart in general is a bit of a shambles. Was easy to make Moyse the scape goat, but the players are not good enough)

The deadline is still open so I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss United. Van Gaal will bring in some quality before the end of the month. Also, no European football this year which will help in the run for top 4 and whatever else.

magpie seanie

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 12, 2014, 09:36:37 PM
@JimWhite Just heard that striker Shane Long is on the move again. £12m fee agreed to take him from Hull City to Southampton

They are doing some good business 4/5  very good signings, to replace Lallana and co

I think they are going to be fine. They've added some good players and if they can get off to a good start could well end up near where they did last season. They sold a lot of guys at the top of their value which for a club like them is smart. In the medium to long term it could bear fruit.

magpie seanie

I think Chelsea will win it, due to Fabregas alone. Costa will be better than their options last year also. Really expect Arsenal to make a serious drive for it this year. A lot hinges on Ramsey's fitness though - they're a different team without him. Like a lot of people I don't know what to expect with citeh. Could be anywhere in the top 4 unless there's a massive amount of small birthday cakes handed out!

I'm bullish about United. I think it more than possible that they will pick up 12-18 points more at home against the weaker team and be far more competitive against the top 4/5 that United were abject against last season. 4th or better is realistic based on that points total. If a few more players are added (like last year I'm convinced this will happen but last year it didn't) and the good start materialises then who knows? Liverpool's midfield and backs from last year are not better than United's but they got the best out of them and scored enough goals to cover it over.

Spurs will be interesting. Lots of good players but a right good manager now I think. Everton will be good again but have they enough depth?

general

united will have a maximum of 52 games this season, after cups and possible replays, and thats the max. teams in europe will have much much more!! i can see united sitting in the top four, once they sign a quality CB & CM

Gabriel_Hurl

Tony Baloney

Chelsea
Man City
Man United
Arsenal
Liverpool
Who cares about the rest...

dec

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 13, 2014, 10:27:43 AM
I'm bullish about United. I think it more than possible that they will pick up 12-18 points more at home against the weaker team and be far more competitive against the top 4/5 that United were abject against last season.

United were good against the weaker teams last year. Here is a table VS the bottom half
http://stats.football365.com/2014/ENG/PR/vbothalf.html
Utd were second overall.
Against the top half they were 10th
http://stats.football365.com/2014/ENG/PR/vtophalf.html

magpie seanie

Quote from: dec on August 13, 2014, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 13, 2014, 10:27:43 AM
I'm bullish about United. I think it more than possible that they will pick up 12-18 points more at home against the weaker team and be far more competitive against the top 4/5 that United were abject against last season.

United were good against the weaker teams last year. Here is a table VS the bottom half
http://stats.football365.com/2014/ENG/PR/vbothalf.html
Utd were second overall.
Against the top half they were 10th
http://stats.football365.com/2014/ENG/PR/vtophalf.html

From the home games against WBA, Newcastle, Fulham and Sunderland last season United amassed a grand total of 1 point. Southampton drew and Everton and Spurs also won at Old Trafford. I think it is realistic to hope for 12-18 points more at home this season.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2014, 10:19:05 AM

The deadline is still open so I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss United. Van Gaal will bring in some quality before the end of the month. Also, no European football this year which will help in the run for top 4 and whatever else.

Going to take more than a few signings to fix the damage caused by appointing David Moyes as manager. I don't believe in the theory that the players were not good enough, eighty nine points Manchester United got in the two seasons before Moyes arrived and with any decent manager Manchester United would have finished in the top four last season.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: general on August 13, 2014, 01:36:36 PM
united will have a maximum of 52 games this season, after cups and possible replays, and thats the max. teams in europe will have much much more!! i can see united sitting in the top four, once if they sign a quality CB & CM
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Joe Blob

I think a lot of people predicting a major fall from grace for Liverpool this season will be feeling a bit sheepish in a couple of months. 

Yes, they have lost their best player from last season but with Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge they have a front 3 that will still tear up defences.  The defensive frailties have somewhat been amended with solid signings and there is a lot more strength in depth to cope with European football.