USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

Seemingly clones in doubt too. Venue announcement made prematurely at the game yesterday. Venue and time tbc tomorrow

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on June 29, 2014, 05:13:15 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 29, 2014, 02:42:17 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2014, 02:04:41 PM
I was standing on the Hill just under the TV cameras and there were 3 Monaghan men I'd say well into their sixties and every time the young lad no5 for their minor team got the ball they were coming out with the most racist and vile stuff I've heard and tbh I don't even think they knew they were being racist they were that ignorant and every other young lad that made a mistake they're saying useless c**t or should have stayed at home to f**k. Then a few Armagh guys stands next to me too for senior game and the shite they came out with to the Ref was unbelievable and cringe worthy stuff (u free state bastid etc)...so I had a rough 3 hours tbh.

As for the game I thought it was exciting but not the best quality, Armagh scoring from play was much better whilst Monaghan relied on Began's free taking (which was brilliant BTW) for Armagh I thought Clarke, Campbell, T Kernan, Days and McKeever were best. With the 3 suspended lads to come back next week and of Course Monaghan believing they can play much better it should be another close hard game...could we get another draw next week;-)
I can't imagine the Monaghan lads were in a generous mood, queueing up to buy you pints after that.
Overall I thought Armagh were hard done by with some good chances missed and should have won. Monaghan were fortunate to get another chance.

Where/when on the replay?
I just downloaded the game today from sharing irish torrents.

Any chance you could send me on a link for that?
This is the link for the torrent file. I don't know if it's open for every tom dick and harry to download.
https://www.sharingirish.com/download.php?torrent=4717

if you need an invite, let me know, but be warned, i  sent one invite to one board member and he died shortly afterwards.

I suspect the next game will make for happier viewing.
I just didn't have a good feeling while watching that game and when we were fannying about with the ball in midfield after going 3 points up, then someone sent a hail mary pass  to K Hughes instead taking the more obvious option out wide on the right, I thought our goose was cooked.

A couple of years ago we had nobody who could convert a 45,  now we have someone who can pop them over with a mere tap. We are starting games with a 3 or 4 point advantage over those monaghan teams pre-Beggan.

Rossfan

Quote from: donelli on June 29, 2014, 07:54:10 PM
Seemingly clones in doubt too. Venue announcement made prematurely at the game yesterday. Venue and time tbc tomorrow
Perhaps the Ulster Council may decide not to inflict another dose of these two on  people and simply declare Donegal the champions? :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Schkite

Quote from: Main Street on June 29, 2014, 09:06:15 PM
Quote from: Schkite on June 29, 2014, 05:13:15 PM
I was standing on the Hill just under the TV cameras and there were 3 Monaghan men I'd say well into their sixties and every time the young lad no5 for their minor team got the ball they were coming out with the most racist and vile stuff I've heard and tbh I don't even think they knew they were being racist they were that ignorant and every other young lad that made a mistake they're saying useless c**t or should have stayed at home to f**k. Then a few Armagh guys stands next to me too for senior game and the shite they came out with to the Ref was unbelievable and cringe worthy stuff (u free state bastid etc)...so I had a rough 3 hours tbh.

As for the game I thought it was exciting but not the best quality, Armagh scoring from play was much better whilst Monaghan relied on Began's free taking (which was brilliant BTW) for Armagh I thought Clarke, Campbell, T Kernan, Days and McKeever were best. With the 3 suspended lads to come back next week and of Course Monaghan believing they can play much better it should be another close hard game...could we get another draw next week;-)
I can't imagine the Monaghan lads were in a generous mood, queueing up to buy you pints after that.
Overall I thought Armagh were hard done by with some good chances missed and should have won. Monaghan were fortunate to get another chance.

Any chance you could send me on a link for that?
This is the link for the torrent file. I don't know if it's open for every tom dick and harry to download.
https://www.sharingirish.com/download.php?torrent=4717

if you need an invite, let me know, but be warned, i  sent one invite to one board member and he died shortly afterwards.

I suspect the next game will make for happier viewing.
I just didn't have a good feeling while watching that game and when we were fannying about with the ball in midfield after going 3 points up, then someone sent a hail mary pass  to K Hughes instead taking the more obvious option out wide on the right, I thought our goose was cooked.

A couple of years ago we had nobody who could convert a 45,  now we have someone who can pop them over with a mere tap. We are starting games with a 3 or 4 point advantage over those monaghan teams pre-Beggan.

Aye I could do with an invite cheers!

Agent Orange

We left that behind us yesterday, but I would be confident that we can beat Monaghan the next day. Common sense says we should play it in the Athletic Grounds, especially if there is a doubt over clones. We'll probably end up in Cavan knowing the eejits in the Ulster council.

Main Street

Quote from: Agent Orange on June 29, 2014, 09:57:33 PM
We left that behind us yesterday, but I would be confident that we can beat Monaghan the next day. Common sense says we should play it in the Athletic Grounds, especially if there is a doubt over clones. We'll probably end up in Cavan knowing the eejits in the Ulster council.
You left it behind yesterday, but it was a once only offer.

naka

Quote from: Main Street on June 29, 2014, 11:01:55 PM
Quote from: Agent Orange on June 29, 2014, 09:57:33 PM
You left it behind yesterday, but it was a once only offer.
Don't think so
Orangeman are on the march again

cluaineois

As far as i know Armagh were offered Clones or Omagh and opted for Clones.
once your a clone your never alone

Throw ball

Quote from: cluaineois on June 29, 2014, 11:52:33 PM
As far as i know Armagh were offered Clones or Omagh and opted for Clones.

Cannot see why Armagh would object to Clones. Omagh would not be big enough and a nightmare for traffic. Ladies finals there too next week.

Bingo

Monaghan have an awful lot to improve on the next day. They lacked the pace to their game that they normally bring and this was partly down to Armagh getting their defence very well organised and Monaghan's foot passing been way off on the day and lacking runners to break lines.

Dessie and Vinny Corey didn't have good games in this regard while I think McManus and Hughes aren't 100% fit at all. Darren Hughes tried to be the ball carrier but he normally ran into a brick wall at times. Donaghy and Kellys decision making was very poor. Monaghan also surrended their half forward line which allowed McKeever and Kernan the freedom of the park and when Armagh found them running at pace Monaghan got exposed.

Walsh also struggled on Clarke in that when he got decent ball in he won them. Monaghans best option was to restrict ball going in and force Clarke out to look for the ball in crowded areas. Dyas in the second half was also a handful that Monaghan struggled to cope with.

Monaghan have it all to do and I fear that they are carrying a few injuries in key positions that are limiting their high intensity running game. Hopefully Doogan is close to getting a game as we need some someone in half forward line.

Niall8100

Any chance I could get an invite?

Main Street

Quote from: Niall8100 on June 30, 2014, 11:43:35 AM

Any chance I could get an invite?
Invites don't grow on trees and  the first rule of giving out  an SI invite is
Remember you are responsible for who you invite. Inviting traders, cheaters or any other unwelcome type will result in a minimum of disabled invite privilages

The 'other unwelcome type' is a broad church. You might be a troll or from lurgan or god forbid from tyrone. If so, the chances are high that you would cast some stain on my good reputation, somethings just can't be repaired.

Niall8100

Sleater

I was worried monaghan might be flat after the euphoria of beating tyrone and so that panned out that way. Armagh were the better team on the day. The suspensions they had created a siege mentality of them against us and they were fired up for it. From a Monaghan perspective, it's a mediocre performance and they are still in the ulster championship. It's a necessary kick up the hole they needed. Armagh will believe with the suspended players back they will be capable of winning, but Monaghan should be able to raise their game to a higher level. O'Rourke should get his selection right this time. Gollogly should start. I can see Finlay starting as the foot passing to the inside forwards was very poor. Donaghy is a scavenger but offers very little scoring threat. McCarron is super talented player but he's lost in the half forward line - I seen him play there during the league and games passed him by there. He's much more effective inside. Lennon is a miss as his physical presence was sorely lacking in midfield.