The Mayo "firm"

Started by dubnut, April 14, 2007, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJGaliv

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2007, 03:00:03 PM
QuoteDon't bother answering, couldn't be arsed defending Mayo fans to be honest.
Clear sign of someone who knows they're talking shite.

What's wrong with a bit of rivalry?
Should we all just sit down and be quiet, for fear of offending anyone, and getting a good kicking from the likes of yourself?
Did I say there was anything wrong with rivalry? HOwever, you want the right kind of rivalry, the type we already have in the gaa.  I don't want the type of rivalry that these tubes are trying to introduce. 

Christ you really are frustrating. Full of sweeping generalisations, it's great to see.
Just because I don't hold the same viewpoint as you as regards thinking that a few young lads who are meeting up at a match to sing a few songs are not wanted in the GAA, you think that I am as stupid as these guys, talking shite etc. In reality, you haven't seen these guys, you just presume that because they have written "wear a jersey in case there's trouble you can't be spotted", that they are the new Chelsea headhunters.

pintsofguinness

I note that you decide to attack me rather than defend your position.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DJGaliv

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 14, 2007, 03:14:24 PM
I note that you decide to attack me rather than defend your position.

Well if that's the entirety of your retort, it looks like I have won this argument.
I am not entirely for or against these guys. I just find it silly that people were jumping over themselves, presuming that these young lads are up to no good and not wanted at GAA games, based on one inoffensive quote. That is my position.
Good day, sir.

MaroonAndWhite

Yeah, they sound real hardcore.........recruiting on Bebo!  :o :o Anyone on Bebo to start with would want shooting with their own ball of shite!

Tubberman

Lads, ye are really over-reacting to this!
It's a bunch of kids acting the hard men, nothing more  ::)
There has never been trouble at a Mayo game, and I don't see it starting now. It's just kids for god's sake.

And I have to laugh when I see people wanting to get rid of the "thug" element by giving them "a good kicking"  :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

pintsofguinness

QuoteAnd I have to laugh when I see people wanting to get rid of the "thug" element by giving them "a good kicking"
Who said that?

Sure what harm is there in 16/17 year olds going around acting like hardmen. Who would think it could possibly lead to trouble.   ::)
Would you like sitting beside them?

spectator

These might be the bunch of foul mouthed lads, who got a ferocious telling off from an auld buck at the Mayo - Ros FBD game in Ballyhaunis earlier this year?

They didn't spare either The Rossies or their own players initially, but slagged the aul fella - a Mayo supporter - after he told them off in no uncertain terms for their unsporting and derogatory comments. Ordinary fans weren't very happy about them turning on the aul buck and let them know it, which quietened them a little.

They were loud and trash-talking to be sure, but it must be said there was no hint of intimidation or violence there.

It's something you don't see very often in GAA though, which is just how the vast majority would like it to stay.

Tubberman

Armagh4SamAgain:
QuoteWe should all read where there goin to meet an then turn up and kick the shit outa them. Im up for it.

pintsofguinness(!):
QuoteYeah I do think a good kicking would do them the world of good, if they are all talk or not.

No, I wouldn't like to be sitting beside them, and I'd probably do the same as the ould fella at the FBD game and tell them to shut the fck up, which would quiten them probably.
And as spectator said, there was no intimidation or violence, just loud kids acting like..........rude loud kids.

pintsofguinness

QuoteAnd as spectator said, there was no intimidation or violence, just loud kids acting like..........rude loud kids.
And I happen to think rude loud 16/17 year olds need a kick.

And I have to laugh when I see people wanting to get rid of the "thug" element by giving them "a good kicking"
You still never told me who said that.  I never said anything about a thug element, the person who did mention a thug element never said anything about kicking them. 

Tubberman

Right, you have your little crusade for yourself. Not a big enough deal to keep me interested....

muppet

Dubnut it is customary to post a link to your sources.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Jaysus lads sometimes you do lose the run of yourselves!   Let's look at the source, Bebo.  Let's look at the supposed hard men, a crowd of "hard men" from Mayo.

Bebo is for teenies with more hormones than sense and a good ride will get rid of their frustrations.

Secondly, we all know that no one in Mayo is fit to be a hard man so why is anyone bothered ;)

Farrandeelin

There wasn't much of them buckos behind the Albany end goal at the Limerick game. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fishead_Sam

A friend from Cork texted about the above on friday that he read it on foot.ie a Soccer site, I went onto the site and could not find anything about this firm or posts. I really do believe its either someone from another county trying to blacken our name or a dozen idiots whose only non Championship match ever was the Dub league match, I travel to all the away games league and Championship & home of course, have yet to come across them.

stephenite

I think there is a bit of an over reaction,but these kids are not the type that should be tolerated in the GAA. I particularly despise the attampts to bring a soccer-type atmosphere,offensive chants etc.

But are they anymore offensive than say, a  shower of lads who made complete asses of themselves on Gardiner St prior to the All Ireland final of '02, ranging in age from early 20's to middle aged men lurching along after disembarking from a bus, at least four proceeded to puke thier rings up, most of the rest were pissing along the pavement, couple more were goading supporters from an opposing county and generally making nusicances of themselves and providing a pretty threatening and menacing atmosphere, which inlcuded one hero smashing his emprty bottle all over the footpath rihgt beside a family with young cildren attempting to make thier way to Croker

Whilst not attempting to take away from these shower of f**king clowns that make me feel embarrassed to be from Mayo,I'll use the standard line in such instances;

Every County has complete f**king dickheads that support their team