Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

I see O'Neill has got another login.

Before this thread gets closed, hopefully sooner rather than later, but before it does, one thing has been bothering me from early on.

What the feck is the references to "wee buns" about????  :-\

imtommygunn

Quote from: weejim on June 20, 2014, 11:01:30 AM
?did u see the game, ? u don't believe these incidents actually all happened.  ?does the fact that nobody is disputing any of them tell u anything?

Does it not tell you that a ludicrously one sided analysis of the game was done and no one took it particularly seriously...

take_yer_points

Quote from: Bingo on June 20, 2014, 11:11:18 AM

Before this thread gets closed, hopefully sooner rather than later, but before it does, one thing has been bothering me from early on.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wee%20buns

babarino

Quote from: Bingo on June 20, 2014, 11:11:18 AM

In the run up to the game, FOSB twice posted this was going to be an easy win for Tyrone, using Belfast idiom 'wee buns'; they'd say 'piece of piss' or 'easy peasy' elsewhere. Perhaps he was in wind up mode, so we'll let it go.

tonto1888

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 19, 2014, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 19, 2014, 02:21:49 PM
So it's not possible for someone who watched the game on BBC and saw absolutely no RTE coverage of the game to draw the conclusion that they think Cavanagh dived a lot? Is that what you're saying? Every conclusion that Cavanagh dived a lot must have been influenced by Joe Brolly?

You're giving Joe Brolly a lot of credibilitiy there.  As well as various other flaws in your argument...

Is there an 11th commandment with some of you Tyrone posters sometimes "Thou shalt not question Tyrone"?

So it's just a coincidence that the widespread "Cavanagh's a diver" thing only started two Tyrone games ago, when Joe first went on a rant about it? Odd too that the general public aren't hounding Dessie Mone for his diving on Sunday too then, you know, saying as people aren't just being led by Brolly like?

Cavanagh is a diver only started 2 Tyrone games ago? What?

sheamy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 20, 2014, 12:12:22 AM
Quote from: muppet on June 19, 2014, 11:55:36 PM
There seems to be a lot of focus on dick here.

Give a Dick a Mone.

It's catching. Must be all the Mickey bashing on the Tyrone thread.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: sheamy on June 20, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

Give a Dick a Mone.

Let's not start on 'Mickey bashing' in the context of Tyrone footballers, please.

Bingo

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: screenexile on June 19, 2014, 12:31:56 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 18, 2014, 08:45:12 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2014, 03:02:08 PM
Maybe so. I'm just having a go at Parkinson.
Wooly is a breath of fresh air.

Parkinson's article has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read... why is this guy even near it? I think he won a Leinster once and called the greatest GAA manager of all time a bluffer but other than that?

Pulling a mans arm in under you and falling is conning the ref! It gets him thinking the man is pulling you or holding you back when he actually can't get his arm away.

Bottom line is I don't doubt Hughes committed a foul but Cavanagh should have received a black card for pulling him on top of himself. Cavanagh is asking "Why always me?" because he feels like Mario Ballotelli... the 2 lads will find the answer in the mirror.

Hi leave Ballotelli alone.......he has done nothing wrong here.........

LeoMc

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 20, 2014, 12:33:27 PM
Quote from: sheamy on June 20, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

Give a Dick a Mone.

Let's not start on 'Mickey bashing' in the context of Tyrone footballers, please.
;D ;D

Fuzzman

Haven't been on here since Tue I think and can't believe we're at page 47 going back over a lot of the same stuff.
However, some good points are made and for me I am amazed at how many people see Sean as being more the villain in that Hughes Black card that Hughes.
Of course some of ye are beyond hope of persuading otherwise but for most it is obvious Hughes approached that tackle with the intent of stopping Sean by grabbing him around the waist but NOT going to ground. It looked like a tactic that has been discussed before the game. So much so that Sean knew it was coming so his pre-mediated reaction was to make sure the instigator of the FOUL would get punished by dragging him down with him.
So to me Hughes DEFINITELY meant to rugby tackle Sean but stay on his feet and Sean DEFINITELY looked like he intended to drag him down to highlight to the ref what was happening. To suggest this is a black card but Hughes rugby tackle was not is either very naive or tongue in cheek.

The rules need to be fine tuned I think to cater for this slight variation in the tackle. We even saw it in last years AI final where in the final 10 mins the purists of football Dublin were jumping on men's back but not dragging them to the ground, even though there was no black card. It looks less cynical but it's not really.

I'm glad to see the Monaghan boyz are enjoying their week "in the sun" and despite their lack of honesty and class I will still be supporting ye to win Ulster and hopefully get McManus back into good shape

As for Brolly and RTE I really have been put off for life now. They can say what they want and there's no consequences.
With the widespread use now of Twitter, FB, RTE coverage online etc more and more people tune in to hear what the "experts" have to say

After the game on Sunday a pal of mine asked a man in his late 70s what did he make of the game and he starts quoting what they said on the Radio. Too many of us don't think for ourselves any more during a game or afterwards. I do it myself.
Maybe now I can go to a few games in the back door and watch Tyrone without listening to the totally biased comments of this gobshite and how he tells others to HOWL ON HOWL ON and talk over his colleagues.

Lyster is a nice man and like the others there can't control Brolly at all.
They laugh it off the odd time but he still gets his propaganda out there.
The lads in the soccer studio aren't much better.

anfheardubh

Good man the FUZZ

PAGE 47  and some common sense

Joe Brolly is just a sarcastic witty and arrogant fella, his analysis is sometimes misinterpreted and should be taken as tongue in cheek

He is only generating interest and hoping to add more viewers to RTE as people love to hear his over the top Preaching

Take it as a pinch of salt and have a laugh at him and with him
For many are called, but few are chosen.

dlgael

I wouldn't be one for hanging on the word of Brolly, Spillane or O' Rourke but he at least recognises there's more to Gaelic football these days than hoof it long and hope for the best as the other two would have you believe.
Re Cavanagh, I second the opinion that Sean flaps around like a salmon going upstream in the scoring zone with great frequency. He's infuriating to watch. It's cheating. Simples.

Maguire01

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 20, 2014, 04:18:08 PM
Haven't been on here since Tue I think and can't believe we're at page 47 going back over a lot of the same stuff.
However, some good points are made and for me I am amazed at how many people see Sean as being more the villain in that Hughes Black card that Hughes.
Of course some of ye are beyond hope of persuading otherwise but for most it is obvious Hughes approached that tackle with the intent of stopping Sean by grabbing him around the waist but NOT going to ground. It looked like a tactic that has been discussed before the game. So much so that Sean knew it was coming so his pre-mediated reaction was to make sure the instigator of the FOUL would get punished by dragging him down with him.
So to me Hughes DEFINITELY meant to rugby tackle Sean but stay on his feet and Sean DEFINITELY looked like he intended to drag him down to highlight to the ref what was happening. To suggest this is a black card but Hughes rugby tackle was not is either very naive or tongue in cheek.

The rules need to be fine tuned I think to cater for this slight variation in the tackle. We even saw it in last years AI final where in the final 10 mins the purists of football Dublin were jumping on men's back but not dragging them to the ground, even though there was no black card. It looks less cynical but it's not really.
And therein lies your problem. You don't understand the black card rule - even by your own reading of the incident.

There are specific offences for the black card rule:
Cynical Behaviour Fouls
1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

http://www.gaa.ie/about-the-gaa/rules-and-regulations/

You said that "Sean DEFINITELY looked like he intended to drag him down". That's a black card offence - see 1 above.
You said that "Hughes DEFINITELY meant to rugby tackle Sean but stay on his feet". That's not a black card under any of the fouls above. It's likely a free, and maybe a yellow. But not a black.

GrandMasterFlash

It is now time to draw a line under this.. Let me take this opportunity to refresh the forum with some early quotes from our Red Hand friends:

Quote from: ONeill on May 25, 2014, 10:39:12 PM
Monaghan don't beat Tyrone.

Kiss our rings.

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 26, 2014, 07:57:57 AM
Wee buns, wee fecking buns!

Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2014, 09:37:09 AM
Monaghan have lost their element of surprise. There will be no shock in this game. Tyrone will beat Monaghan as they always do.

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2014, 09:44:32 AM
I don't see what Monaghan have done to be seen as some big threat all of a sudden.  The only two teams that I have believed to be in the running for Ulster this year are Donegal and Tyrone.

Quote from: WT4E on May 27, 2014, 01:54:29 PM
I have a feeling Tyrone will handle the next two matches setting up an interesting Ulster final with the Anti Christs of football!!!

Quote from: ONeill on May 27, 2014, 10:51:38 PM
Some pressure on Monaghan.

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 03, 2014, 05:08:21 PM
Cocky Monaghan b**tards.  Wee buns, wee fecking buns!

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2014, 10:53:09 PM
The Red Hand seems to wobble those boys.

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 05, 2014, 02:18:53 PM
Monaghan these days remind me of... Monaghan.  Wee buns, wee fecking buns!

Sin é.