Started by Feckitt, May 21, 2014, 09:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

It's on today!

Text your sister to remind her to vote.
Call round to your mother to see if wants to go to the polling station
Facebook message your friend and tell them to vote
Ring your cousin and ask him has he voted yet

A personal appeal for a vote is the best canvass. Like me you may not belong to a political party, but you still want to see your team win, so please make the small effort to encourage your friends and family to vote.

Everyone, Republican or otherwise has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something.

Brick Tamlin

None of them deserve my vote.

OakleafCounty

I voted before wrk this morning. Put the X beside Mark Durkan as he'll turn up to vote against austerity.

Feckitt

It's easy to see why people would be apathetic about voting, but don't complain about supremacists looking to discriminate against gay people or the Irish language or the GAA if you don't vote for an alternative.

There may only be a handful of votes in the difference that could see Tom Elliott and Nigel Dodds get elected.

Feckitt

Quote from: OakleafCounty on May 07, 2015, 02:54:31 PM
I voted before wrk this morning. Put the X beside Mark Durkan as he'll turn up to vote against austerity.

If you believe in Durkan, then encourage your friends and family to do likewise.

foxcommander

Quote from: Feckitt on May 07, 2015, 02:56:39 PM
There may only be a handful of votes in the difference that could see Tom Elliott and Nigel Dodds get elected.

If ever there was in incentive to vote it's that pair of clowns.
The GAA fraternity should ensure Elliott doesn't get in after his disgraceful comments about Sean Brown.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

LeoMc

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 07, 2015, 02:43:13 PM

Go anyway and spoil your vote.
By not voting you are saying you are happy with the representation you are getting.
By spoiling your vote you are saying you are not happy with the choice you are being offered.

general_lee

Voted SF.

A number of individuals in the wider party have annoyed me but Cat Seeley deserves a vote. Young, female, articulate plus SF were the only party to knock on the door this year. Add in the real possibility of dethroning the incumbent DUP dinosaur in what is a staunch Unionist constituency, it was a no-brainer in the end.

Had the Green Party fielded a candidate I may have had a bit of a dilemma.

illdecide

Quote from: LeoMc on May 07, 2015, 03:17:18 PM

By not voting you are saying you are happy with the representation you are getting.
By spoiling your vote you are saying you are not happy with the choice you are being offered.

Considering that myself...There is not one of them worth a f**k. I've always been a Sinn Fein voter but the last few years has made me realise none of them give a f**k about me, they're all there for the money sitting up on the hill of Stormont laughing at us all on their biggish salaries.

On the flip side of the coin the thought of giving them DUP Bastids an extra edge by not voting drives me insane too :'(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

f**k it I'm not voting.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

illdecide

On another issue...I got an email from Justin McNulty asking for his vote last night...Now what I want to know is how did his party get my email address (seriously). There was a reference to Armagh on his email address, I get regular emails to that address from the Armagh County Board and I hope the hell they did not give out my email (and others) to SDLP. If that's the case they should be give a good talking too from Croke Park as I believe GAA clubs have been warned before for staging events to do with Sinn Fein.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenexile

I usually spoil my vote but couldn't even be arsed bothering at this stage. SDLP are feeble, Alliance do nothing outside of Belfast and Sinn Fein sicken my hole why don't they just take their seats at Parliament?!?! They have a great chance of getting into Government in the South and with the way things are going in this General Election they could have an important role in Westminster!!

This 'Vote usuns' so themmuns'' don't get in mentality that prevails basically everywhere does my complete head in. Get in there and do something if you're happy enough to take the money you should take your f**king seat!!

Rant over.

imtommygunn

Quote from: illdecide on May 07, 2015, 03:29:10 PM

Considering that myself...There is not one of them worth a f**k. I've always been a Sinn Fein voter but the last few years has made me realise none of them give a f**k about me, they're all there for the money sitting up on the hill of Stormont laughing at us all on their biggish salaries.

On the flip side of the coin the thought of giving them DUP Bastids an extra edge by not voting drives me insane too :'(

I would go for the spoil vote option but if the DUP get in then I'd have to say not voting against them would have gained them a foot up.

If any vote can go any way towards getting those , insert as many insults as you like here, out of power or at least struggling some more it is a worthy vote. ANything that can be done should be done to get rid of these guys. They are a blight on every single one of us including the people they claim to represent.

GJL

Quote from: foxcommander on May 07, 2015, 03:03:05 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on May 07, 2015, 02:56:39 PM

If ever there was in incentive to vote it's that pair of clowns.
The GAA fraternity should ensure Elliott doesn't get in after his disgraceful comments about Sean Brown.

This..

screenexile

There's very little danger of Molloy not winning Mid Ulster by a long way so my vote for anybody isn't going to make any kind of difference!