Vote

Started by Feckitt, May 21, 2014, 09:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on May 07, 2015, 03:35:45 PM
On another issue...I got an email from Justin McNulty asking for his vote last night...Now what I want to know is how did his party get my email address (seriously). There was a reference to Armagh on his email address, I get regular emails to that address from the Armagh County Board and I hope the hell they did not give out my email (and others) to SDLP. If that's the case they should be give a good talking too from Croke Park as I believe GAA clubs have been warned before for staging events to do with Sinn Fein.

More importantly what the feck was he asking you for his vote???  Surely he is not the candidate for your area and it should have been Dolores Kelly that he should have been promoting???

GJL

rootthemout

Quote from: illdecide on May 07, 2015, 03:35:45 PM
On another issue...I got an email from Justin McNulty asking for his vote last night...Now what I want to know is how did his party get my email address (seriously). There was a reference to Armagh on his email address, I get regular emails to that address from the Armagh County Board and I hope the hell they did not give out my email (and others) to SDLP. If that's the case they should be give a good talking too from Croke Park as I believe GAA clubs have been warned before for staging events to do with Sinn Fein.
got the same email to my personal account addressed from the armagh gael and was wondering did it come out of armagh county board data base??

screenexile

I get group emails from Derry CB & Coaching officers and they don't hide the names they send it to so there is every chance he just copied and pasted them all into a bcc and whacked it out to all the Armagh Gaels. I doubt Armagh GAA knowingly handed over the email addresses but in todays information age all group emails like that should probably be bcc'ed so that other people don't have access to your email address!!

charlieTully

Voted for the workers party. First time I haven't voted along green orange lines. I feel liberated.  :)

yellowcard

Quote from: screenexile on May 07, 2015, 03:36:45 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on May 07, 2015, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 07, 2015, 02:43:13 PM
None of them deserve my vote.

Go anyway and spoil your vote.
By not voting you are saying you are happy with the representation you are getting.
By spoiling your vote you are saying you are not happy with the choice you are being offered.

I usually spoil my vote but couldn't even be arsed bothering at this stage. SDLP are feeble, Alliance do nothing outside of Belfast and Sinn Fein sicken my hole why don't they just take their seats at Parliament?!?! They have a great chance of getting into Government in the South and with the way things are going in this General Election they could have an important role in Westminster!!

This 'Vote usuns' so themmuns'' don't get in mentality that prevails basically everywhere does my complete head in. Get in there and do something if you're happy enough to take the money you should take your f**king seat!!

Rant over.

So you actually take the bother to go to a polling station and spoil the paper, seems totally pointless. Why not simply don't vote then.

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on May 07, 2015, 05:16:31 PM

By not voting you are saying you are happy with the representation you are getting.
By spoiling your vote you are saying you are not happy with the choice you are being offered.

I usually spoil my vote but couldn't even be arsed bothering at this stage. SDLP are feeble, Alliance do nothing outside of Belfast and Sinn Fein sicken my hole why don't they just take their seats at Parliament?!?! They have a great chance of getting into Government in the South and with the way things are going in this General Election they could have an important role in Westminster!!

This 'Vote usuns' so themmuns'' don't get in mentality that prevails basically everywhere does my complete head in. Get in there and do something if you're happy enough to take the money you should take your f**king seat!!

Rant over.

So you actually take the bother to go to a polling station and spoil the paper, seems totally pointless. Why not simply don't vote then.

I think voting is a very important right that we have that a number of people have had to fight very hard to get... By going and spoiling my vote I am recognising my right to vote but also recognising that my constituency is run by a bunch of small minded petty fcukwits who don't deserve it!!

Brolly will win Mid Ulster by a long way yet he isn't even going to go to Westminster to work for his constituency and the amount of people who will vote for him without knowing anything outside the fact he wants a United Ireland would be staggering I should imagine!!

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on May 07, 2015, 04:46:32 PM
I get group emails from Derry CB & Coaching officers and they don't hide the names they send it to so there is every chance he just copied and pasted them all into a bcc and whacked it out to all the Armagh Gaels. I doubt Armagh GAA knowingly handed over the email addresses but in todays information age all group emails like that should probably be bcc'ed so that other people don't have access to your email address!!

I got at least one email sent out about season tickets of the like, where they did not bcc the emails, so there were several hundred emails in plain text. Unfortunately, people are not careful with these things. The delinquent email could have been sent 2 or 3 years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardchieftain

Seems they forgot to put in a candidate i would bother voting for, so, i added an extra candidate to the ballot paper. have done this several times now, but i'm coming to the end of my tether. Next time i might just stay at home.

SHEEDY

always voted for sinn fein in the past but won't be voting at all this time and i cant even be arsed going out to spoil my vote. not one of the list of candidates in south down is worth leaving the house to vote for. not one even knocked the door, first year ever.
nil satis nisi optimum

stiffler

In upper bann the stand out candidate is catherine seeley, regardless of her party.

Think she will run Simpson very close for that seat. Real chance if her vote turns out.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

LeoMc

Quote from: yellowcard on May 07, 2015, 05:16:31 PM

Rant over.

Spoiling your vote tells them you are interested in voting, just not for the bunch of fuquits being offered to you. Not voting lets them think they are providing you democracy.

Maguire01

Quote from: stiffler on May 07, 2015, 06:55:44 PM
In upper bann the stand out candidate is catherine seeley, regardless of her party.

Think she will run Simpson very close for that seat. Real chance if her vote turns out.
Stand out in what sense? What has she done?

I would have thought Dobson would be more likely to challenge for the seat - she's definitely a better option than Simpson.

It's one of the seats to watch tonight.

Maguire01

Voted as well. Not that it will make any difference, being in a solid DUP constituency. But it has to be done. There's always the 'least worst', or the option to spoil your vote.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"