US colleges national championship 2014

Started by Eamonnca1, May 20, 2014, 08:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I could put ye in contact with the lads who make them if ye want. They might be able to do something for ye spreading the gospel and all that.

Eamonnca1

By all means. Although we already have an equipment deal with American Gaelic.

Eamonnca1

Here's a TV report from the 2013 national championship at Purdue, this was broadcast last month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulyS_-QIyvA

Eamonnca1

Report is now up. Still working on tracking down some scores, I'll add them in when I get them.  Video on the way.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Eamonn, said it before, but have so much admiration for the work ye're doing over there. Amazing stuff. Good to see the collegiate competition quadrupling in size, but the most striking thing is the enthusiasm and effort players with no previous connection to Ireland or the GAA are putting in..the guys in one of those videos you put up there going on about a 52 hour train journey to play in Stanford last year for example! Unbelievable.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

sligoman2

I fully agree with you Ciarrai, the work Eamon is doing is fantastic.  There must have been 6 football teams there as I know a few kids that played with Fordham on Saturday, I think they played Manhattan, Boston and Iona?

Well done to all involved, this could grow very quickly if the correct focus is in place.  The cyc is growing every year and I think there is about 250 games over 4 days now.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Eamonnca1

And the highlights reel is now up. Watch out for the slam dunk football goal!

The standard in the hurling final was very impressive.  I doubt if many of the Montana boys were used to playing on an astroturf surface.

muppet

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 30, 2014, 06:00:51 PM

The standard in the hurling final was very impressive.  I doubt if many of the Montana boys were used to playing on an astroturf surface.

Great stuff Eamonn, I love the goal at 7:52 when one umpire raises the flag, and the other signals a touchdown!
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

Quote from: muppet on June 01, 2014, 05:11:39 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 30, 2014, 06:00:51 PM

Great stuff Eamonn, I love the goal at 7:52 when one umpire raises the flag, and the other signals a touchdown!

Well spotted!  That happened a few times over the weekend!

Eamonnca1

Montana Grizzlies Hurling Club on local TV news following their national collegiate championship victory!

http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/25696103/griz-hurlers-hope-to-grow-sport-after-national-title-win

AZOffaly

Great stuff. Jaysus Eamonn what were you wearing at the presentation? Can't see Liam O'Neill following suit.