Are Tyrone Finished

Started by anfheardubh, May 19, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Are Tyrone finished? Such a stupid question. They'll beat Down by 10 points this weekend, wait and see.

anfheardubh

Quote from: ck on May 20, 2014, 11:23:30 PM
Are Tyrone finished? Such a stupid question. They'll beat Down by 10 points this weekend, wait and see.

only a fool would preach this gutter trash,  3/4 points between the teams at most either way

Tyrone are gone, yesterdays men i am afraid , time for a complete over haul
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Jinxy

If Down have 15 minutes of swagger in them, they'll win.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

imtommygunn

Has Benny Coulter ever played on a down team that's beat tyrone?

Looking at his face at the end last sunday I thought said a lot - looked like they thought they'd blew their chance which I think they have unfortunately.

I think Mickey Harte will come up with a plan to shore his defense up a bit and Tyrone will win. (Unless the doubters are right but I don't think so)

Tyrone have been finished as an AI force for a few years but they're still a match for anyone in ulster.

Hardy

Mickey on diving.

Priceless. Mickey's straight face and the look Wee James's face, then his comment at the end!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 21, 2014, 02:04:21 PM
Has Benny Coulter ever played on a down team that's beat tyrone?

Looking at his face at the end last sunday I thought said a lot - looked like they thought they'd blew their chance which I think they have unfortunately.

I think Mickey Harte will come up with a plan to shore his defense up a bit and Tyrone will win. (Unless the doubters are right but I don't think so)

Tyrone have been finished as an AI force for a few years but they're still a match for anyone in ulster.

He scored the goal in extra time in 2008 which they won

imtommygunn

Ah. I think his face said a lot on sunday -  like down had blown it.

Not from either county but would prefer Down to win as think the ulster championship would be more open if they did but I think they've blown their chance.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hardy on May 21, 2014, 02:11:03 PM
Mickey on diving.

Priceless. Mickey's straight face and the look Wee James's face, then his comment at the end!

Brilliant, good find Hardy.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Aristo 60

Quote from: Jinxy on May 21, 2014, 02:00:12 PM
If Down have 15 minutes of swagger in them, they'll win.

Down have 54 years of swagger in them Jinxy.

Wildweasel74

Down havent blown it in the slightest, if anything i think they could be more dangerous come sat night, depending on team like up, Poland would need to have a better game, from tyrone point of view they seriously need to look at their fullback line

seafoid

Tyrone are 2 all Irelands behind Down but they probably won't make up the gap now with the current set up.

Gabriel_Hurl

not for another few weeks anyway

BartSimpson

I think we're in a good place now, I also think the maestro Mickey has another Sam in him.
guwan the parish

BennyHarp

Mickey knows it's all about what happens in August and September. A few bad performances in May makes no odds if you are still standing and firing in Croker later in the year. He's managing a relatively inexperienced squad with a number of old heads. Giving lads experience whilst keeping the older lads fit is the name of the game here. I think we are still pushing in the right direction.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 24, 2014, 09:24:42 PM
Mickey knows it's all about what happens in August and September. A few bad performances in May makes no odds if you are still standing and firing in Croker later in the year. He's managing a relatively inexperienced squad with a number of old heads. Giving lads experience whilst keeping the older lads fit is the name of the game here. I think we are still pushing in the right direction.

Tyrone could make September again but it may say more about where everyone but Dublin are at right now. Lots of teams with key deficiencies that are relatively unfixable in the short term.