Are Tyrone Finished

Started by anfheardubh, May 19, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Quote from: thejuice on May 19, 2014, 08:55:02 PM
Are Louth Only Getting Started?

When you have harrowed what we have ploughed.....
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Fuzzman

Is there a word missing from the title?
Are Tyrone finished defending, diving, crying, playing a defensive system, trying to win Ulster, going through the motions or simply finished with Mickey Harte?
Yeah having only got to the AI semis last year I'd say we should enter the Heineken cup next year instead of Ulster. Sure we have the jerseys already.

Hereiam

Are sandwiches nicer outa thd boot of the car

laoislad

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 19, 2014, 10:22:04 PM
Is there a word missing from the title?
Are Tyrone finished defending, diving, crying, playing a defensive system, trying to win Ulster, going through the motions or simply finished with Mickey Harte?
Yeah having only got to the AI semis last year I'd say we should enter the Heineken cup next year instead of Ulster. Sure we have the jerseys already.
Sure with the pulling and dragging game ye play it wouldn't be a giant leap for ye to play Rugby.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

anfheardubh

In essence what i am declaring is there seem to be a genuine gulf in class between the last saloon players and the influx of players coming in

Where the hell is Ronan O Neill ??????

Just think that with the defence they have at the minute, they should adjust accordingly and return to a mass defensive blanket

I.E.  what they always do when they play Donegal,  was successful winning 3 AI s

2 man full forward line , put Cavanagh in there as he seems the only one capable of winning a game

Remove some of Mickeys clubmates who wouldnt get a game for Kilkenny

MY Respect for Tyrone is immense and i took great pleasure in watching them win their AIs, i just feel that a strong TYRONE team is good for the GAA and i dont want to see a slide like what  has happened in Armagh

Tyrone man roared at me at a game in healy park 3 AIs  3 AIs  doing my nut

i replied  YOU DIDNT WIN THEM YOU FAT BASTARD  lol   his wife kept apologising and laughing lol

For many are called, but few are chosen.

trileacman

Quote from: anfheardubh on May 19, 2014, 11:59:21 PM

i replied  YOU DIDNT WIN THEM YOU FAT b**tard  lol   his wife kept apologising and laughing lol

Two of you should have been left in the creche till you matured out of it.

lol
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

anfheardubh

Quote from: trileacman on May 20, 2014, 12:10:11 AM

i replied  YOU DIDNT WIN THEM YOU FAT b**tard  lol   his wife kept apologising and laughing lol

Two of you should have been left in the creche till you matured out of it.

lol

then that would be never lol

Agent Orange

3 AIs and more bodies than a west Baltimore drug gang.

Brick Tamlin

Sure there was nathin wrong with football as it was til the Applemunchers and Tymonies came along in the noughties and bastardized it for everyone else.

ziggysego

Didn't think getting to an All-Ireland Semi-Final the previous year constitutes finished. There ya go!

Testing Accessibility

BennyHarp

In essence what i am declaring is there seem to be a genuine gulf in class between the last saloon players and the influx of players coming in

Where the hell is Ronan O Neill ??????

Just think that with the defence they have at the minute, they should adjust accordingly and return to a mass defensive blanket

I.E.  what they always do when they play Donegal,  was successful winning 3 AI s

2 man full forward line , put Cavanagh in there as he seems the only one capable of winning a game

Remove some of Mickeys clubmates who wouldnt get a game for Kilkenny

MY Respect for Tyrone is immense and i took great pleasure in watching them win their AIs, i just feel that a strong TYRONE team is good for the GAA and i dont want to see a slide like what  has happened in Armagh

Did Tyrone ever ACTUALLY beat Donegal playing like THAT.

By THE way, you ARE one witty guy!
That was never a square ball!!

thejuice

Quote from: ziggysego on May 20, 2014, 08:40:52 AM
Didn't think getting to an All-Ireland Semi-Final the previous year constitutes finished. There ya go!

To be fair, Meath got to an All-Ireland in 2001 and fell away dramatically afterwards.

A lot of people saw it coming as we hadn't invested much in our underage teams after the mid-90's. We are only starting to catch up a bit now but the likes of yourselves and Dublin would still be ahead of us by a fair bit in preparing underage teams.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

anfheardubh

Quote from: thejuice on May 20, 2014, 03:03:58 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 20, 2014, 08:40:52 AM

To be fair, Meath got to an All-Ireland in 2001 and fell away dramatically afterwards.

A lot of people saw it coming as we hadn't invested much in our underage teams after the mid-90's. We are only starting to catch up a bit now but the likes of yourselves and Dublin would still be ahead of us by a fair bit in preparing underage teams.

Success at minor and u21 level is all well and good but any player WORTH his salt  would give up a handful of these for a Senior AI

Winning plenty at underage is a hindrance in my opinion, coaching should be based on improving skills and techniques, tackling, fitness etc at youth level
With the emphasis on becoming senior players,  Kerry have never won much underage and consistently produce gifted footballers

Laois minor team about 10 years ago springs to mind,  success went to their heads at a young age and they did JACK SHIT after that

Orior

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 19, 2014, 08:08:59 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2014, 08:07:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2014, 07:46:01 PM
Tyrone should aim for the hurling for a while now.
A new focus.
Hurling is too skillful for Nordies to master.
It would be like asking a Dub to milk a cow.

Ah Queens County, a place famed for it's hurling!

Yis should all get behind the ladies.... team.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

PAULD123

In 2008 Down went to Omagh and after being fairly outclassed in the first half, and after a couple of inspired substitutions, tore into Tyrone in the second but proceeded to let it slip. (sound familiar??)

Back in Newry we were jubilant as we took them all the way and finally had a last gasp victory. Imagine a dishevelled Down beating the top quality Tyrone. Tyrone were obviously finished, quite correctly the pundits wrote them off, Mickey had been there too long, too faithful not bringing the U21's through. Yep, that day was the beginning of the end for the great Tyrone, and surely the end of Mickey.

Funny thing - four months later they were parading the Sam Maguire through the streets of Omagh!!!

It's a bit early for obituaries that's all I am saying.